TRANSCRIPT: Rams Second and Third Rounds Draft Picks Press C

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Second and Third Rounds Draft Picks Press Conference

Rams Second and Third Rounds Draft Picks – Press Conference
April 28, 2012

(Head Coach Jeff Fisher opening statement)
“I’ve got just a minute or so here, I’ve got to get back up, but I want to introduce to you, what is the best dressed draft class that I’ve seen here in a long time. Say hi to (WR) Brian Quick, (CB) Janoris Jenkins, (RB) Isaiah Pead, and (CB) Trumaine Johnson. This was a culmination of a lot of hard work yesterday and I’m happy to introduce them to you. What I’d like to do now is just open it to questions for them.”

(On how good it feels to be surrounded by these guys)
Fisher: “We just had a little visit upstairs and it’s very exciting. This is a class that will be remembered for a long time and they’re still coming. There’s still a couple on the board, but it’s very exciting. We got to know each one of them very, very well for different reasons. Trumaine was the only one that didn’t make the 30 visit. The first four did, so we spent a lot of quality time with them.”

=========================

TRANSCRIPT: LB Aaron Brown Conference Call

LB Aaron Brown – Conference Call
April 28, 2012

(On how he is feeling)
“It’s been a long road. I’m just really excited just to be in this situation and have this opportunity to fulfill my dreams.”

(On what his expectations were coming into the draft)
“I’ve heard from a couple teams, they were interested in me. It was either late rounds or priority free agency. But I talked to the St. Louis Rams a lot and they picked me, so I’m happy with that decision.”

===================================

TRANSCRIPT: K Greg Zuerlein Conference Call

K Greg Zuerlein – Conference Call
April 28, 2012

(On if this was a surprise)
“Yeah, it was a bit of a surprise. Going into this whole thing you don’t know really what’s going to happen or where you’re going to end up, and you just hope for the best. Really that’s what today was, just basically a waiting game and then some relief once I got that call.”

=============================

full transcripts: http://www.RamsFans.com

Shaky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TRANSCRIPT: RB Daryl Richardson – Conference Call RB Daryl

TRANSCRIPT: RB Daryl Richardson – Conference Call

RB Daryl Richardson – Conference Call
April 28, 2012

(On how much contact he had with the Rams)
“I had contact a few times with the Rams. Probably like three times.”

(On when he talked to the Rams)
“I talked to the running backs coach yesterday and I talked to a few more coaches yesterday with the Rams.”

(On if he is at home right now)
“Yes, sir. I’m at home. This is my hometown Vernon, Texas. Everybody’s excited. Family, everybody keeps calling me and just coming up to me. Having a good time right now.”

(On his reaction after his name was called)
“I was very excited. It’s just a blessing.”

(On what his weekend has been like and if he hoped to be drafted)
“I was hoping to get drafted, I was expecting to get drafted, but I was preparing myself for the worst, just free agency. But my agent was telling me I could go fifth through seventh round, but be expecting free agency. I’m really just blessed to have this opportunity.”

full transcript: http://www.RamsFans.com

Shaky

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
TRANSCRIPT: Head Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead – Post-D

TRANSCRIPT: Head Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead – Post-Draft Press Conference

Head Coach Jeff Fisher and GM Les Snead – Post-Draft Press Conference
April 28, 2012

(Opening Statement)
Snead: “I can say this, the fourth round pick seems like a long time ago. I can open it with that. I don’t know what time it is right now.”

(On general thoughts on the draft and the 10 players they selected)
Snead: “Is that how many we got? Ten? I think the general thoughts, I think we accomplished some of our goals and they were with each pick: try to get them right, try to get the best available, and also help position groups. I think our defensive line got help, I think our defensive backfield got help, and I think our running back position got help, and I think our wide receiver position got help. So I think that was a nice, productive day with young players and now it’s up to these players to do their part.”

Fisher: “I would echo what Les said. I think the most impressive thing throughout all day yesterday and maybe through (round) four today was that the board was right. And that’s a compliment to Les and the staff, the scouts, just getting the board right. Very few people were coming off the board down here, back over here, they just came off kind of in sequence of how we had ranked them. That at least gives you an opportunity to predict and a chance to get the right guy at the right time. We discussed numerous trades that never took place, as always is the case in the draft. Had a lot of players up there that you would really like to have, but you don’t get because there’s 31 other teams. And then we got numerous calls from our friends and associates around the league that said, ‘Boy, we really like that guy,’ and, ‘Wow, what a great pick that guy was, we were going to take him the very next pick.’ All in all I thought it was a very, very successful draft. You look at it, I was just looking a little while ago, Abilene Christian, Hawaii, Missouri Western - there’s some talent at the small schools. We did our research and we felt like we got the best players available.”

full transcript: http://www.RamsFans.com