TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – December 23, 2014

(On the morale of the players at practice)
“They like to practice. They’ve never had a problem practicing.”

(On playing at Seattle in the final week of the season for the third straight year)
“It has been the last three years and I actually was up there prior to a couple years for the last game of the year. It’s a great place to play. It’s a hard place to play. They have tremendous home field advantage as everybody knows. We’ll have to go up there and play good football. Not turn it over. They have a lot to play for there. There’s a lot at stake. It’s going to be an exciting game.”

(On if the Seahawks are playing for the same playoff scenario as they did last season)
“I don’t remember what they were playing for last year, but I know they’ve got things at stake this year. They’re playing real good. I mean, 596 yards against the Arizona defense at Arizona says a lot for an offense. Not to mention they have the best defense in the National Football League. We’re going to have to play well.”

(On the defensive production of the Seahawks since LB Bobby Wagner and S Kam Chancellor returned from injury)
“They’re just shutting people down. I think they have not given up many touchdowns, holding people to field goals, not giving up a lot of points. They did a really nice job both times against the 49ers, but when you get these guys back there’s…basically what happens is they eliminate run after catch. They’re excellent open-field tacklers. If you’re fortunate to complete a pass, boom the run after catch things just don’t happen. You’re going to have to carry balance into a game, which is hard to do because they’re an outstanding run defense.”

(On what Wagner brings to the Seahawks defense)
“He puts them in position. He’s very instinctive, physical. He’s a sideline-to-sideline player. When he decides to pressure he can do that, he’s an outstanding tackler. It’s no surprise to us that he’s playing this way.”

(On CB Lamarcus Joyner and what the injury did to his development)
“Well, it cost him playing time, but (CB) E.J. (Gaines) did a great job in relief and while he was down. He’s (Joyner) paid attention and if in fact he has to go in there then I expect him to be productive.”

(On Gaines’ progress through the concussion protocol)
“He was better. He was out here at practice today.”

(On if Gaines has moved closer to playing Sunday)
“Yeah, he’s getting better.”

(On if there was tempers flaring at practice today)
“Yeah, we had an issue. I’ll address it.”

(On the importance of finishing the season on a high note)
“We want to play good football. That’s what we want to do. We want to go into the offseason having finished up playing good football. They know that and they understand the challenge. We’ve got four days or whatever it is here to really focus and prepare ourselves and go up and play good ball.”

(On if momentum carries from the end of a season to the next season)
“No, I just think we’ll be able to talk about realistic goals next year as they relate to the division. If you can matchup with the team that’s at the top of the division right now then you have a chance.”

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(On what Wagner brings to the Seahawks defense)
“He puts them in position. He’s very instinctive, physical. He’s a sideline-to-sideline player. When he decides to pressure he can do that, he’s an outstanding tackler. It’s no surprise to us that he’s playing this way.”
It must sting every single time someone mentions Wagner. He wanted to take him, but thought he'd be around later and took Pead instead.

sbgp06u.jpg