TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher & QB Kellen Clemens

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – November 20, 2013

(On practicing indoors due to the weather)
“Yeah. We started out there, but I promised them I wasn’t going to get them wet. So, we had to come back in.”

(On wearing shorts to practice)
“December 1st.”

(On wearing shorts to practice until December 1st)
“Just what I’ve done every year for however many years I’ve been coaching, shorts until December 1st. It was not easy in London last year, believe me.”

(On brothers Rams DE Chris Long and Bears G Kyle Long playing against each other on Sunday)
“They’re going to smell each other’s breath. OK? They’re about a yard apart and there’ll probably be some contact on occasion. It’s a great thing for the family. It’s a great thing for the National Football League, when you get that kind of situation going on. But, when it comes down to it, kickoff, both players are doing their best to win regardless of matchup. I’m just going to ask big brother (Chris) not to get caught taunting little brother (Kyle).”

(On what it’s like for two brothers to go head-to-head in the NFL)
“It’s hard to imagine. It is, but again I think, they’re both pros. One’s got more experience, obviously, than the other does, but Kyle’s playing very well. Really proud of him because he’s overcome an awful lot and he’s playing very well.”

(On preparing for KR/PR Devin Hester and if he’s still the type of player he used to be)
“Yeah. He’s got 19 career touchdowns on returns. He’s not playing any offense, but he’s still very, very dangerous. I think, considering the fact that his role on offense has been reduced or limited, he’s going to be more inclined to bringing the ball out and has that desire to make plays. So, it makes him very dangerous and they’ve always had great confidence in him.”

(On dealing with the size and skill the Bears have in their receivers)
“It’s a matchup issue. They’re very, very talented. Both quarterbacks Jay (Cutler), obviously was playing well before he went down, but Josh (McCown) does a really good job putting the ball up to them. They’ve got confidence. These guys can out-jump and outreach. We’ve got a battle on our hands, but our corners…‘Jenks’ (Janoris Jenkins) is a leaper and ‘Tru’s (Trumaine Johnson) got length, so we’ll just see how it goes.”

(On how much they’ve missed Daryl Richardson as a change-of-pace running back)
“We’ve missed him. He’s close, but at Indy Benny (Cunningham) gave us a nice change-up. Benny’s actually a similar style back, but slightly different than Zac (Stacy).”

(On how Stacy is feeling after the bye week)
“He came back feeling much, much better. The rest was good for him.”

(On Stacy’s workload throughout the rest of the season)
“He’ll continue with what he’s been doing. The difference is he’s able to practice more now.”

(On if he thinks TE Lance Kendricks will be able to contribute on Sunday)
“Yeah. It’s not an issue blocking. He’s made some catches, so yeah I’m sure he’ll be fine.”

(On if the likelihood of Kendricks playing is based on pain tolerance with his broken finger)
“Nobody’s feeling really good right now, but he’s not having issues with it.”

(On how S T.J. McDonald is recovering from injury)
“T.J.’s moving around pretty good. We’re going to continue to work him into practice.”

(On how OL Rodger Saffold has adapted to playing guard)
“Good. As we expected, he was better in Week 2 than he was in Week 1 and Week 1 he played pretty good. He’s done a nice job there.”

Rams QB Kellen Clemens – Post-Practice – November 20, 2013

(On feeling well-rested after the bye)
“It was good, yeah. It was a good bye week, had a chance to get – I think hopefully a lot of guys – healthy, get our legs back. And now it’s back to work, back to the grind for another six weeks. Hopefully, we get more (weeks).”

(On if he looked at the Bears over the bye week)
“No. I got a jump on them Monday, but for the Friday, Saturday, Sunday that we had off, I get away from it. Just be a dad and a husband.”

(On his confidence level coming off of a 140+ passer rating against Indianapolis and if this is the best that he’s ever felt as a quarterback in his career)
“I’ve kind of said it all along, with every rep that I get in practice, every rep that I get in the game, I get more and more comfortable. Hopefully, the guys are getting more comfortable with me being in there. It was a good week against Indianapolis, but you’re not going to win the next game based on your performance from that week. So, we’ve got to get back to work and see if we can string two together.”

(On what he sees from the Bears’ defense)
“They’re a little banged up at a couple spots. I think (LB Lance) Briggs is out. (CB Charles) Tillman’s out, but they’ve got some guys that are going to step in. (Zack) Bowman’s at the corner stepping in for Tillman and is playing good. (CB Tim) Jennings is on the other side, still a great playmaker. And then, Chris Conte and Major Wright, at safety, are good players. The one thing that hasn’t gone away from that Chicago defense is the turnovers that they’re able to generate. I think they’re third in the league or something right now with 22 takeaways. That’s still going to give their offense opportunities and it’s something that we can’t give them.”

(On how nice it would be to win at home against the Bears)
“You said it, we want to win every week, but one of the things that we’ve been appreciative of in this locker room is how much our fans are still there, still getting loud on third down for the other team. So, this will be a big week for us, but we want to win for our fans at home, definitely.”

(On how much RB Zac Stacy’s consistency has helped him as a quarterback)
“He’s been great since – What did he take over, Week 5 probably he took over the job? Zac is a pro. He runs downhill, he runs behind his pads, yards after contact is significant. You can trust him in the pass game, as far as protection. He knows his stuff. He’s got that ‘Vandy’ (Vanderbilt) education with him, and he doesn’t take any negative runs either. Zac does a great job of understanding our scheme, knowing what we’re trying to do and knowing if they jump into a front that we’re not expecting…knowing that ‘Hey there might not be as much there as we expected.’ So, he gets back to the line of scrimmage, gets us a couple and we’re able to be in second-and-8 versus second-and-13.”

(On how important it will be to get TE Lance Kendricks back from injury)
“Lance is a good player. So, hopefully he’s back full-go on Sunday. We’re not sure, but Lance is a solid player. The thing that has, I think, been maybe underappreciated with Lance this year is how much he has improved his route-running ability. Really a lot of progress made on his part over the offseason and it’s showing up, plus he’s lights out in the run game, blocking, protection and stuff. He gives us a good double threat at that position and we’re excited to have him back whenever that is.”

(On going into a game not knowing which wide receiver is going to have a big day)
“We’re fortunate in this offense that we have a lot of playmakers. We don’t have ‘Megatron’ (Lions WR Calvin Johnson), but we have a lot of playmakers that can make big plays at any time between you’re talking (TE) Jared Cook and (WR) Chris Givens and obviously (WR) Tavon (Austin). (WRs) Stedman’s (Bailey) coming, Brian Quick, Lance Kendricks, even (TE) Cory Harkey’s making some plays for us in the pass game. Not having that No. 1, clear cut, go-to guy in some ways is a strength for us because who are you going to double team? We’ve got playmakers at every spot. So, I think in some ways it gives us more balance, whereas if you’re (Lions QB Matthew) Stafford you’re dropping back and you’re looking for Megatron. They know where you’re looking, so they can work to take it away. But, who do you take away from our skill set?”

(On what player normally gets double teamed)
“It depends week-to-week. I’m sure that Chicago might pay a little bit more attention to Tavon (Austin) after what he did the last week. It’s all based on personnel and matchups, if they think they can go one-on-one some place. How are the team’s safeties? Do they matchup with Cook? So, it’s just a week-to-week thing.”

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
I like Clemens. Hope hes around next year.. Good solid backup for Sam
I agree I hope that his play this year has earned him a back-up role moving forward, and maybe change Bernie Kosar's opinion of him but who really cares about that jack off anyways...:rolleyes:

MFaulk107

The Realness
"Not having that No. 1, clear cut, go-to guy in some ways is a strength for us because who are you going to double team?"
Very true. It keeps the defense sorta in the dark of who's on fire.
These transcripts are great by the way

jap

Legend
"Not having that No. 1, clear cut, go-to guy in some ways is a strength for us because who are you going to double team?"
Very true. It keeps the defense sorta in the dark of who's on fire.
These transcripts are great by the way

Unfortunately, sometimes I believe our players are in the dark of who among them are on fire too. :razz:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Yeah I'm becoming a Clemens fan myself and for every step he takes I gain more trust in these coaches for recognizing how important his knowledge was over a big arm little brain backup.

nighttrain

Legend
(
On going into a game not knowing which wide receiver is going to have a big day)“We’re fortunate in this offense that we have a lot of playmakers. We don’t have ‘Megatron’ (Lions WR Calvin Johnson), but we have a lot of playmakers that can make big plays at any time between you’re talking (TE) Jared Cook and (WR) Chris Givens and obviously (WR) Tavon (Austin). (WRs) Stedman’s (Bailey) coming, Brian Quick, Lance Kendricks, even (TE) Cory Harkey’s making some plays for us in the pass game. Not having that No. 1, clear cut, go-to guy in some ways is a strength for us because who are you going to double team? We’ve got playmakers at every spot. So, I think in some ways it gives us more balance, whereas if you’re (Lions QB Matthew) Stafford you’re dropping back and you’re looking for Megatron. They know where you’re looking, so they can work to take it away. But, who do you take away from our skill set?”

This I agree with, might be great to have THAT guy, but take him out and then what?
train