TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 8-27-13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – August 27, 2013

(On if it is important to win a preseason game)
“Yeah, I mean you set out to win each and every preseason game. Sometimes it doesn’t happen. So, that’s our focus – is on winning the game. In addition to that, we still need to continue to evaluate players and finish up strong, work on a few areas.”

(On if starting jobs will be decided on Thursday against Baltimore)
“There could be some jobs decided, yes.”

(On evaluating players during practice compared to in games)
“We talked about that. It’s a combination. It’s an accumulation of work. Through that accumulation you want to see improvement. It’s a total package thing as far as making the final decisions.”

(On if he was concerned about potentially losing LB Alec Ogletree in the NFL Draft)
“No. As far as the draft was concerned, we had a plan. We felt good about the way things went. I think if there was a nervous moment, it was waiting on (S) T.J. (McDonald) because we were four or five picks away concerned that someone may trade up in front of us. But, we were pretty confident that Alec would be there when we picked.”

(On if Ogletree was specifically targeted as a selection)
“We were impressed with his athletic ability and his production in college and our meetings and interviews and background check – all that stuff. We felt good about him.”

(On his approach to the final preseason game)
“The philosophy has been to build reps throughout camp. That has been the way we’ve done it in the past. We may adjust that ever so slightly this week.”

(On if the starters will play a fair amount)
“We’re going to make some adjustments, so that’s really all I can say.”

(On the process of evaluating kick returners)
“I think we’ve got a punt returner. Then we’ve got (WR) Chris Givens, we know what he can do. I like what (RB) Isaiah (Pead) has done on the practice field. He’s getting better at it, and I’m perfectly comfortable with (RB) Benny (Cunningham) doing it. He picked up 15 yards on his own by himself the other night.”

(On if he reached the 75-player roster limit)
“Yes, I have. We turn that in to the league just before 3:00 our time.”

(On if he will disclose which players will be cut)
“No, we just had to reduce the roster size by two more by 3:00 today.”

(On if the increased number of touchbacks makes it difficult to evaluate kick returners)
“It does to evaluate the returners, but we’re doing our best to prepare ourselves as a kickoff return unit to bring it out every time. So, we want to make sure everybody is in position setting up their blocks. Same thing with the coverage unit, we’re going to finish in the end zone. We have to expect that the ball is going to be brought out every time.”