TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 8-19-12 Rams Head

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 8-19-12

Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Training Camp – August 19, 2012

(Opening remarks)
“Injury wise last night, we came through it pretty well. That’s two weeks in a row. We’re actually going to get some guys back this week. Didn’t have anything that would amount to anybody missing some playing time. (WR) Brian’s (Quick) a little sore, but all his tests were negative so he’ll be fine - probably be out on the practice field this week. And we should get back, as I mentioned, (WR) Brandon Gibson and (S) Darian Stewart and (C) Scott Wells back this week, so we’ll be plus-three over the weekend, so kind of looking forward to getting them in the swing of things.

As far as the game is concerned, there’s always some really good things and there’s some things you need to improve upon. We’re kind of caught between a rock and a hard place because if I was to look at one area that we really need to improve upon, it’s third down efficiency. We’ve got to get better on offense and got to get significantly better on defense. We’re allowing over 61 percent conversion rates on defense which will do you no good during the regular season. But the issue, the other side of the coin is that we’re also not doing the things that we would do during the regular season to try to get off the field on third down because those are the things that you kind of hold back. That will be an emphasis this week. I thought tackling was good. Our penalty numbers are down. We’re averaging four per game and as I said last week, we’re still looking at the tape to identify those that are not called and make sure we get those corrected so players understand.

Overall, I thought it was improvement because last week what we did on the practice field, so we need to see the same type of improvement. Play time is probably going to be just about the same this week. We’re playing against a pretty good football team that’s probably going to play their players most of the first half, if not in the second. “

RamsFans.com * Rame E-Zine

full: http://www.nflfans.com/rams2/article.ph ... 1917541726

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Re: TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 8-19-12 Rams H

Big Fish said:
"...we’re still looking at the tape to identify those that are not called and make sure we get those corrected so players understand."

A bit of a back handed referee comment there? The Rams got completely screwed on more than one occasion last week. I haven't had the chance to see this weeks' game yet (thanks NFLN), but it's on tomorrow afternoon. It has been kind of fun watching the likes of PFT highlight a lot of the especially shitty calls/non-calls around the NFL though.

Anonymous

Warner4Prez said:
Big Fish said:
"...we’re still looking at the tape to identify those that are not called and make sure we get those corrected so players understand."

A bit of a back handed referee comment there? The Rams got completely screwed on more than one occasion last week. I haven't had the chance to see this weeks' game yet (thanks NFLN), but it's on tomorrow afternoon. It has been kind of fun watching the likes of PFT highlight a lot of the especially cruddy calls/non-calls around the NFL though.

No, it;s not a backhanded reference. He's completely serious--they look over the tapes for uncalled penalties and address the problems that led to them.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim

zn said:
Warner4Prez said:
Big Fish said:

A bit of a back handed referee comment there? The Rams got completely screwed on more than one occasion last week. I haven't had the chance to see this weeks' game yet (thanks NFLN), but it's on tomorrow afternoon. It has been kind of fun watching the likes of PFT highlight a lot of the especially cruddy calls/non-calls around the NFL though.

No, it;s not a backhanded reference. He's completely serious--they look over the tapes for uncalled penalties and address the problems that led to them.
I think it is. You would imagine that every team would want to identify where one of their players got away with one, just so the player knows better than to count on getting away with it. Or at least evaluate the decision to risk a penalty.

But Fisher mentioning it? When everyone knows the officiating could be an issue? That sounds purposeful to me.