TRANSCRIPT: Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher, 11-19-13

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – November 19, 2013

(On if it feels good to be back on the field after the bye week)
“Yeah, it feels great. They were a little disoriented because we switched the fields. I thought our quarterback was going to have some issues because he’s used to throwing that way, east and west. Everybody got back on time. They all had a workout this morning, got some meetings behind our back and got a good start on the Bears.”

(On if there is more pep in the players’ step after the bye)
“Yeah. I just kind of reminded them this morning that I’m sure everybody had a good time, but those that are out of the NFL, that’s what they do every weekend. So, it’s good just to have one weekend off during the season.”

(On if the bye week helps the players more mentally or physically)
“We encourage both, just to get away and just let it go. A lot of guys went back to their alma mater, watched a ball game here or there.”

(On if the bye helps refresh the coaching staff)
“Yeah, it does. We encourage them to take off a couple days. They did so and everybody came back late Sunday and got back to work.”

(On if he evaluated what the team has done up to this point in the season or if he prepared for the Bears over the bye week)
“It’s a combination. The first part of last week was the self-scout aspects of all three phases. Then the second part, was we started the initial stages of Bear preparation. You get the advantage of not having to stay real late over the next couple days as we game-plan.”

(On what he looks for when he self-scouts)
“For example, you look at a run concept and what the average per carry is. Is it 1.8? Not that it is, but as an example. Is it 1.8 or is it 3.8? And then why? You look at what’s best in the run game then same thing with all the rest of the concepts.”

(On if he ever experienced the weather that caused delays in Chicago when he played for the Bears)
“No. I had an experience in a preseason game at Green Bay where we were delayed over two hours.”

(On what they want to accomplish in the last six games of the year)
“My focus is on this coming Sunday against this next opponent – period. So, our focus is on doing everything we possibly can do to try to win the ball game. That’s our focus right now. The guys are determined to do everything we can to win the next game and we’ll just take them one at a time.”

(On QB Sam Bradford’s surgery)
“Sam had surgery yesterday. I spoke with (Head Athletic Trainer) Reggie (Scott) who’s down there with him, and he said everything went very, very well. It’s a very, very healthy knee considering the circumstances, and so they were pleased.”

(On if the surgery took place in Birmingham, Ala. or Pensacola, Fla.)
“Pensacola. Dr. (James) Andrews.”

(On if he expects G Harvey Dahl and TE Lance Kendricks to be closer to returning to the lineup)
“We’ll have an injury report for you tomorrow. Those guys that were injured stayed behind, for the most part, and had treatment all weekend.”

(On how QB Brady Quinn was injured)
“Brady was – and again, we’ll have some more information after we do some more tests – but Brady had some issues with his low back in the weight room. It was just kind of a very freak thing and we’re trying to get him back as quick as we can.”

(On the final play of the Patriots vs. Panthers game last night)
“I personally feel like the flag went down for a reason, and it looked like a foul to me, OK. So, that’s my opinion. Because I was not on the sideline, obviously, I can voice my opinion.”

(On if he saw the end of the Auburn vs. Georgia football game)
“Yes, I did.”

(On what he thought about the end of the game)
“Well in my personal experience, that’s just a notch below the Music City Miracle. That’s personal experience.”