Transcript: Kevin Demoff Chat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shaky

Transcript: Kevin Demoff Chat

Contracts, by Scram

I see in most contracts they have a roster bonus, workout bonus & stuff like that, but do you include bonuses like rookie of the year, league MVP, offensive or defensive player of the year, pro bowl appearance & stuff like that in most contracts?
What’s some of the most odd bonuses you’ve saw in contracts?

Thanks for doing this,
Scott

Demoff:

Scott,

In most of our contracts, if we have incentives or escalators, we usually try to tie them to team peformance. We like to have being a Top 10 offense or defense or participating in the playoffs in order to let players know that we value their role on the team, not the individual performance. That's not to say we won't put in individual incentives at lower levels, but team has to be the focus.

In terms of strangest incentives in contracts, you don't see too many crazy ones. However, I have a tradition of naming incentives or escalators in contracts. You can name things after these following categories: player college (Buckeye Bump Up), player hometown (Vermillionaire might be one of my favorites), St. Louis area hot spots (Forest Park Fund) or former Ram greats. For example, Chris Long has The Deacon Jones Escalator in his new contract while Janoris Jenkins incentives are named after Todd Lyght. Adds some fun and levity to the process.

KD

FULL TRANSCRIPT: http://www.nflfans.com/rams2/article.ph ... 7145123605