TRANSCRIPT: Coach Fisher (8/6)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Rams Head Coach Jeff Fisher – Post-Practice – August 6, 2013 

(On how the team did today with the first day of hot weather)
“They did fine. Obviously, they’re in good shape. I thought they handled the heat pretty well. We’ll clearly back down tomorrow, kind of a walk-thru pace practice before we take off.” 

(On the excitement for preseason games)
“We’re very excited about it because you get to watch guys play. They’re all going to have different roles in the game. Starters aren’t going to play as much as some of the guys that are competing for not only backup spots, but roster spots. So, you try to keep in perspective what you ask them to do. We’re not going to do too much from an X and O standpoint but be pretty simple. We have no idea what to anticipate from our opponent, but we’re going to create a lot of good matchups and see how they fare.” 

(On if the team is excited)
“I don’t have a problem getting them excited. They want to play, they like football. I’ve never had a team that had that issue.” 

(On what they need to work on in preseason games versus hiding certain things)
“We’re getting a lot done out here, and that’s the case with everybody. You’re preparing for the opener, but you’re also preparing for your first preseason game. Football is football. We’ll have enough that would give them a chance to make some plays. Get a couple runs in and some drop backs and you have to address all the situations and scenarios. Out of fairness to your players, you want to give your players the things that you’re going to call in the plus territory and on third downs and in the short yardage and things like that so they can prepare.” 

(On the running back competition)
“I think Daryl (Richardson) comes back as our starter because he played significantly more last year than anybody, and so Isaiah (Pead) is working himself up and competing with Daryl. And you’ve got the rest of the guys that are just going to battle it out, and we haven’t ruled anybody out from that matter. But we’re going to try to get as many carries as we can.” 

(On the distribution of reps amongst the running backs)
“You just have to sit down and give it some thought. Out of fairness to them, you want them all to have an opportunity to run behind the first line because that’s a fair evaluation – and run against good opponents. So, we’re going to have to work that out the best we can.” 

(On ball distribution to the wide receivers)
“I think all our receivers are going to play in games, in the regular season, so we’re just trying to improve the group as a whole.” 

(On the advice he gives to bubble players before their first preseason games)
“They have an opportunity to go out there and do the right thing. That’s what we want to see, is carry over the things that they learned from the meeting room and the practice field into a game. But we’ve got a lot of players that have not played in an NFL game before and there’s going to be a shock factor early. So, you encourage them to pay close attention to the vets and what they’re doing the first couple series and prepare yourself to go because tempo and intensity and contact is a lot different.” 

(On what he wants to accomplish in the first game)
“Any time you play a game, you’re playing to win. That’s what we’re going to Cleveland for and that’s what they’re going to try to do. Then you play your players, you want to see them improve, you want to minimize penalties, minimize mistakes, protect the football. You’d love for your starters to score points and not give up points. I think that ends up being a pretty good preseason game.” 

(On if they have practiced the National Anthem yet)
“We have not, no. But will we before the game? Yes.” 

(On if they will play it at the stadium)
“No. There will not be any music involved, let me tell you that. But, the actual National Anthem will be rehearsed, yes

Sent via Tapatalk2.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If you read between the lines you see where this it at. Rams fans rejoice.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The statement I really liked:

(On the distribution of reps amongst the running backs)
“You just have to sit down and give it some thought. Out of fairness to them, you want them all to have an opportunity to run behind the first line because that’s a fair evaluation – and run against good opponents. So, we’re going to have to work that out the best we can.”

I know that has been batted around here a fair amount. Not that it is a surprise that Fish is thinking this way but it is cool to see him confirm what many of us thought would be the only way to really assess what looks like could be the tightest competition in camp.