Training Days: Gregg Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man that's a good watch.

And the thread about Laurinaitis should contain the comments offered by Williams about 5 minutes in.

RamBill

Legend
Here's the quote from Williams on Laurinaitis: JL has to be an extension of me....he has to be the play caller out there...and I tell everybody all the time is....what defense are we playing? We're playing the defense that James calls, not what I called.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I enjoyed watching that but boy did it feel like Greg was a little annoyed answering Junior High and High School football level questions.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Man that's a good watch.

And the thread about Laurinaitis should contain the comments offered by Williams about 5 minutes in.
Thanks for posting that was a great watch, especially that last sack breakdown. JL the captain out there. You can tell that GW is glad to have #55.

I have to say though...Myles Simmons gets on my nerves a bit. His delivery whenever he speaks comes across to me as incredibly fake, like he's really not interested in the questions he's asking.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Just got around to watching this. Awesome.

I could watch hours and hours of that stuff.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
I lap this kind of stuff up.

I'd heard of things like stunts and 3 technique but never really understood what it meant.

Also makes you realise the value of JL55 because he has to take what Williams has called and adapt it to what he sees once the offense lines up. Massive responsibility on his shoulders which is why he gets paid the big bucks (and probably deserves it)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I could listen to Williams for hours on end! I love to be able to sit in on a few of his Training sessions with the Team!:popcorn::D

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Man that's a good watch.

Seriously a good watch. I'm going to have my son watch that. Really good for perspective when watching the D work.

Dude seems giddy with being able to have Donald, Quinn, JL, and Brockers as major playing pieces in his sets. Cool comment about JL and I really liked the feeling that he is glad to have Brockers as a big smart guy on D.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That was some great insight into GW'S teaching ability. That was 6 min and you could tell he was trying to break it down into a 6 min class that all levels could comprehend, can you imagine a couple hours day in and day out. Really nice teaching approach, Knowledge and an easy to follow approach are key's to teaching efficiency

Big Willie

Starter
You can tell that Williams is a great teacher. I though he was patient and very informative in how he explained everything. Like everyone else has said....very good video presentation.

RamWoodie

Legend
Williams worries me at times...those times being when his only answer is to blitz, instead of adjust. He does come up with some dynamic schemes though.

With Fisher as HC...at least there's someone to reel him in...(y)

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
We need to replace Laurinaitis at MLB, dude is done! Even Greg Williams knows that!

WARNING: Laurinaitis crazy opinions incoming...

Last edited:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Cool vid. Love me some G Will. Can not STAND Myles Simmons. How does a nerd with a squeaky voice and no charisma get that gig??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cool vid. Love me some G Will. Can not STAND Myles Simmons. How does a nerd with a squeaky voice and no charisma get that gig??
Good question. And let's be honest. Nick Wagoner wasn't the most charismatic guy in the world either. I think they hire good writers and shove them in front of a camera where these guys aren't the most comfortable. They should probably hire a big personality and get an intern to write his stuff. Most of it is just regurgitated press conference transcripts anyway.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I'm drooling here thinking of Aaron Donald in year 2 of Williams defense!!!

* Sign Brockers to an lifetime deal now please

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
This is going to be a nasty defense that teams will not want to see come playoff time.