Training Camp report via Real Rams Fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Been searching through all the Rams forums for Hammer-style camp reports but haven't found much. I did fine one nice report over at Real Rams fans so I thought I'd repost...

http://www.realramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=82380

By: Rambone

Appreciate all the reports over the years, time for me to step up.

Beautiful day – about 80. Storm passed thru earlier but humidity not a problem.

Very nice crowd turn-out – not huge but crowded and enthusiastic.

OK, let’s get this out of the way - Michael Sam can play. Yeah he looked like a rookie a couple of times, but good first step and would have had a couple of sacks as well. Tough time making the team ‘cause this D-line is the real deal.

A. Donald – it’s true, he’s a beast. Could not be blocked or caught a couple of times. Lined up w/ Sam to his left a few times – constant good pressure up the middle.

I don’t think Pettis makes the team this year. Just seems a step slow going downfield or the sideline.

Really like how K. Britt pumps up his teammates, congratulates his fellow wide-outs and stirs things up in general.

D-back that showed up today? E. J. Gains. Had a pick on a poor ball by Bradford, but had a couple of breakups and stuck to his man continually.

Interesting drill for the O-line where they moved the crowd back and had them push guys UP a hill. Pretty cool to watch and you got really close to the action, pushing and grunting.

O-Line, as much as you can tell w/o pads – D. Joseph looks mean, hungry and immovable, and G. Robinson is just a natural athlete.

J. Cook caught a couple of nice balls and juked his way past guys. Same as camp last year though.

J. Cook, B. Quick and K. Britt lined up at the same time? Wow, height and muscle - imposing.

Tavon is Tavon. Quick, having fun – made a nice low grab across the middle. Why do I worry about so many of his routes being across the middle?

Ray Ray Armstrong is gonna push Dunbar. Quick feet and good first step.

Bradford to me, contrary to other reports, looked rusty. Had good throws but missed badly a couple of times and slightly behind receivers.

Favorite Moment – Garret Gilbert coming thru the running backs and receivers pumping them up and talking thru plays that happened earlier. Players responded by five-ing him back. Also stopped one play and repositioned Britt who lined up wrong.

My surprise long-shot player to watch? WR Austin Franklin. Good body control, hands and burst off the line. Will need to see with the pads on before going further 'cause he's kind of small.

Mr. Hustle? T. J Moe. Sure can catch and I think a keeper for PS.

Best Day? O-Lance Kendricks. Catching and blocking. D-Aaron Donald, obvious speed.

Thanks for reading!

Alan

Legend
That's great to hear about Davin Joseph. Maybe he has recovered from his injury and is back to his Pro Bowl form. That would be huge.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Thanks Steve for finding & posting....Chomping at the bit waiting for Coach0...Is Hammer still doing these?

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Not the first good thing I've heard about Gaines. I read some nice things about him in OTA's.

Great news if Joseph is back to 100%.

Thanks for finding this.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
That's great to hear about Davin Joseph. Maybe he has recovered from his injury and is back to his Pro Bowl form. That would be huge.

I'd read some players (Brockers & Langford?) commenting on Joseph after they played the Buccs last year. Said he was as strong as ever and finally getting over his injury....

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Not the first good thing I've heard about Gaines. I read some nice things about him in OTA's.

Lots of the Mizzu guys say good things about him...I just remember the conf. championship game, when Mason ran for 5000 yards in 200 carries.....So I never really saw him cover.....Heard the reports about him shutting down the dude from Texas A&M, Evans...Heard he was primarily a zone guy but looked good in man....Then saw his combine, figured he may have trouble. Hope he proves me wrong, we need corners....

Alan

Legend
At only $1,750,000 for a cap hit, this is the kind of older vet that makes sense. First day into TC and already I'm feeling better. :ROFLMAO:

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I stopped by my old site today over there, and it was a graveyard. Only 39 people online, when we had way more! Can't say I'm surprised, they let the trolls have free reign.

RamzFanz

Damnit
From what I saw, I would agree with all of that.

Bradford looked healthy but not impressive with his throws.

The pass rush was everything I expected.

E. J. Gains did look good.

Garret Gilbert had some nice throws and moved around well.

Athos

Legend
Great to know about Sam. From a MU alum and fan, there's just something about him. He'll never impress you in a sprint, bench, or any other kind of non game related drill.

But when it comes to getting to the QB, the man has a one track thought and anything less than beating the QB to the ground is failure. Just goes right after them. I have faith he makes the team.

Gaines will get the respect he deserves when he starts getting a ton of snaps about mid way through the season imo. Yes me makes the team imo. Sheldon, Aldon...Gaines has been the best defensive player for Pinkel ever. Dude has football IQ off the charts imo in diagnosing when and where to be. Fundamentally sound.

All Moe does is catch. No surprise there.

No surprise Sammy has rust either. Dude went down early last season. Plenty of time to shuck it off.