Training camp: Los Angeles, day 1

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Well freak you too, Jerry. I hope the Cowgirls finish last and your stadium falls to the ground.
Well, he said he wants the best franchise in the world in LA....so, I guess that means the Rams, Raiders and Chargers are out of the running.

fearsomefour

Legend
There was a strange drill -
5 RAMS OL lined up, 1 cowgirl DL. QB in shotgun. First snap DL is against RT, next snap RG next snap C etc. OL and DL were rotating players.
Used to do something similar to this coaching kids.
I would have three O lineman line up LT/G/C...G/C/G....or G/C/RT ....vs one D lineman. Would have the D lineman rush, try to find holes or split lineman. This was to help develop a feel of "passing" rushers from one lineman to another. The would run 3 lineman vs 2 Dlineman.
I have no idea if this what they were doing.
May have been doing nothing more than letting some guys work 1 on 1 while the rest of the line worked on spacing or something.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
images

dallas-cowboys-wide-receiver-cole-beasley.jpg

odcqgr4z5oakjrokgcmf.jpg

:snicker:
Man, that middle one scared the shit out of me.

A55VA6

Legend
Fresno was Vegas
http://interact.stltoday.com/forums...=1126153&sid=a9b392931c4bec27c39556b656b8a894

Oxnard report day 1
Posted:
17 Aug 2015 21:04 pm
icon_user_offline.gif

Forum User
4f92818e-b020-11e1-afb1-101f742c6b16.47595e7be68190eec08012cb9e64f117.png

I couldn't get around to see what I wanted due to the crowd. So I just parked myself and watched what I could. My "takeaway" is two words.
TAVON AUSTIN
The guy is absolutely RIDICULOUS! Stop and go, left and right, spin and move, there is no way to keep up with this guy. He makes people look completely overmatched. I'm serious. Tavon looked like the best football player on the field. You can't cover him and he's learned a little about getting off of press coverage. He uses his size to HIS advantage. Go head and press the little guy, he will slip around you and make you look (slow) when he runs by you.
In drills Austin got pressed hard for a ball thrown into the corner of the endzone. Austin slipped away and hit a gear I didn't know was humanly possible. He is FAST! The ball was thrown perfectly to the corner by Foles and it looked like it would drop incomplete because Austin got pressed. Austin hit another gear and went and got that ball for the score. It was unbelievable.
The cowgirls were tough on Austin in the drills, and he made them pay. Every. Single. Play. The TD Austin caught on the 2nd play of scrimmage was just Foles flinging it and Austin going and getting it.

Britt- obvious leader of the WR corps. Made some good plays. Looks steady and solid.

Quick- wearing a cap on his helmet to indicate injury. He can get hit but not tackled.
Quick is bigger than I thought. Uses his size well to shield defenders. Good camp today for Quick. One scrimmage play Quick caught a pass and several cowgirls stood him up and smacked him to the ground. Britt and Bailey attacked the defense and a small brawl ensued. The crowd loved it!

Bailey- I didn't see him in scrimmage but he looks good in drills.

Givens- Made some play and looked good.
Cook- Dropped an easy pass, had a fumble on a different play. I didn't see much else.
#15 looked decent but I don't think he replaces Givens.

TJ Mac- My Fresno boy is the obvious leader of the DB's. I watched DB's more than anything since they spent the most time nearby. These guys love to hit each other. TJ and Ogletree seem to get along very well as does 52 and 12. Ogletree seems to command respect on the team. Players like him, he's a leader.

At the suggestion of PF I watched some line drills. I didn't get to see many but it was exciting at times. These guys were slugging it out.
There was a strange drill -
5 RAMS OL lined up, 1 cowgirl DL. QB in shotgun. First snap DL is against RT, next snap RG next snap C etc. OL and DL were rotating players. In that drill G Rob got embarrassed by 94 cowgirl. Other than that I noticed nothing to report.

FOLES- He looks like a QB. His ball has zip and he's accurate. He trusts his receivers to catch the ball. The WR's were getting pushed and held but Foles would fling it where they were supposed to be. Austin and Bailey really impressed me with escapability. Britt and Quick just shoved the defender out if the way. Bottom line Foles knows where to throw the ball and he's not scared to throw it. I was pleasantly surprised by Nick Foles today.

If you think I suffer from "homerism" you are quite incorrect. I don't suffer one bit.

Due to the crowd it's hard to get around and see everything. I hope to see more tomorrow I wanted this little report to be about football rather than anything else.
Austin's breakout season coming!!

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Terrance Williams has beat Janoris Jenkins for a couple TDs early on in practice.</p>&mdash; Drew Davison (@drewdavison) <a href="August'>
View: https://twitter.com/drewdavison/status/633423241105686528
">August 17, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So tired of JJ getting used and abused where he's supposed to be a "top tier CB"

TXRams86

The Infamous
Does anyone else get annoyed reading ANY news about Dez Bryant?
Dude isn't even playing yet he's ready to get in on the scuffle.
He just comes off as a diva to me who doesn't have his head on straight.
Always seems to want in on the drama.

RamBill

Legend
Practice Report 8/17: First Oxnard Session
By Myles Simmons

View: http://www.stlouisrams.com/news-and-events/article-practicereport/Practice-Report-817-First-Oxnard-Session/02e26733-ff6f-4470-b0f1-12fb651ce79e#content-tools-share

OXNARD, Calif. -- The Rams and Cowboys held their first of two joint practices on Monday afternoon at Dallas’ training camp facility in Oxnard.

Head coach Jeff Fisher has said the sessions in many ways serve as a chance to practice against a fifth opponent before the start of the season. And with Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett on board, both clubs were able to improve to start the week.

“I thought the work was great,” Fisher said. “Jason and I both talked to our teams about getting things done, respecting each other, because tempers have a tendency to fly when you compete against other people. So I thought we had a couple of push and shove things, but other than that, I thought they worked really well together.”

The session began with the two teams separately stretching and working on individual drills. But then the squads came together for some work in one-on-one situations. In one such instance, the Rams’ quarterbacks and wide receivers were practicing against the Cowboys’ cornerbacks. They worked both in the middle of the field and in the red zone, where Nick Foles would connect on his share of passes with Tavon Austin.

Then St. Louis and Dallas progressed to team drills, where each club’s offense and defense would work against one another on separate fields. Early in the Rams’ offensive session, Foles connected with Austin again on a deep ball down the right sideline that would’ve easily gone for a touchdown. The wideout used his speed to get significantly behind each Dallas defender.

“We got a lot of great work in,” Foles said of Monday’s practice. “I leave the field today feeling great about the work we did.”

Fisher has said one of the reasons for scheduling a training camp session with another team is to aid the Rams in preparing for the season on all fronts. And given the Cowboys as an opponent, the Rams are in position to gain even more from practice than they would with another team.

“You’ve got two different schemes offensively and defensively, and then the competition we had on special teams was outstanding,” Fisher said. “So you’re not going against yourself every day. Players have to react. And this is, obviously, a 12-win football team last year. So it’s good work for us.”

“You’re facing a playoff team,” tight end Jared Cook said. “They’ve got good, quality football players and guys who can fly around the ball. So it give you kind of a game speed to the reps that you do get out of practice out here. So it’s really good for us.”

Coming off Friday’s contest with the Raiders, Cook said he feels like the offense is beginning to find a solid rhythm.

“On Sunday, we went out and just worked on a lot of things that needed to be corrected from the game,” Cook said. “I think we’re starting to get a little more attitude. Guys are starting to understand -- especially young guys -- how the game tempo goes, And just how the games work. I think it’s going pretty well so far this week.”

Foles also said on Monday one of the aspects he hopes the team can improve on this week is executing well early in games.

“When we get the ball in the red zone, we really want to come away with touchdowns,” the quarterback said. “And I think we just made some mistakes -- penalties, missed opportunities with reads -- but that happens this time of year.

“You’re getting back on the field, you’re getting things going. Game-plan wise, you’re only out there for a couple of series,” Foles continued. “Watching the film, you see so many things that you can go out and correct. And I thought the guys came out here today and we’ve improved. We still have a ways to go, but I see us moving in the right direction.”

And so in all, the Rams had a good first session with the Cowboys, using the opportunity to improve in many respects.

“I think the effort the guys gave today is tremendous,” Foles said. “And we have to make sure we come out here tomorrow and do the same thing.”

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Dude where the heck is this coming from, Tavon? I love it. I was always confused why the guy couldn't run good routes since he's so quick but it finally sounds like he's learning. He absolutely obliterated that CB in that video.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
spxAvFU.png

I clear my alerts at like 150 about two hours ago.

Now I get on, 107. WTF guys. I know I'm the best poster ever, but calm down.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Does anyone else get annoyed reading ANY news about Dez Bryant?
Dude isn't even playing yet he's ready to get in on the scuffle.
He just comes off as a diva to me who doesn't have his head on straight.
Always seems to want in on the drama.
That's because you only pay attention to the national media, which always has some sort of angle when it comes to the Cowboys. He's just so passionate, it rubs off on everyone. He said he was going to hold out until he got his new contract, then immediately participated in voluntary workouts because he couldn't stay away. But yes, I agree about always hearing about him. The Cowboys are used as click-bait all the time, and in today's "any asshole can be a journalist" society, it doesn't even have to be remotely correct on what is being said.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Does his opinion really upset you that much?
I can't speak for @ChrisW but I can tell you what upsets me about Jerruh...that constant breathing, in and out, in and out. Just stop already and make the world a better place!

In all seriousness however, I think his comment was callous and, as is typical of him uninformed. He can talk more without saying anything than anyone on the planet, IMO, politician excluded obviously. What the freak does "the two aren't necessarily one without the other" even mean?

RamzFanz

Damnit
In those 1 on 5 line drills, the D always has the upper hand. Both teams O line will have embarrassing moments.