Training Camp - Day 2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting... was that a jet sweep? I thought maybe that would be eliminated in McVay's offense but I guess not.
Why would it be eliminated? Ever since he was hired McVay has said the offense would play to the strength of the players.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

From what I hear all our newly signed free agents, Barwin-Whitworth-Sullivan etc. are taking it on themselves to help coach-up the newer players! That is great stuff to hear!!(y):D " WE NOT ME ATTITUDE IS AT WORK!!":yess:

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Out of the backfield with Gurley...that's the ticket. If Dunbar predictably can't stay healthy i hope McVay gives Tavon about 50 carries this season. Jet sweeps. end arounds, screens...that 2015 stuff that worked.

Indeed. He earned his money in 2015.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Gimmick, or magic??????

I don't think we will be able to pigeon-hole McVay...he will adapt to the players on the roster, and get the most out of them. No square pegs into round holes. My type of coach.

Did you guys just hear the Snead comment, that McVay is learning the D also, so that he can teach, and make suggestions there too?

Drinking the
tumblr_mtt8gsf1EH1qdaaw6o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
"On his final interception, Mallett threw a white towel in the air."
Was that picked-off too?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
It was a nice day in Irvine.... about 78 degrees with a cool breeze. It was my second day of Camp and I am mentally exhausted. I had posted in another thread that I had purchased Sunglasses with video camera. After a big fail yesterday to capture anything, I finally got 25-30 plays recorded. I have now spent the last 3 three hours attempting to get them uploaded without much luck. The Camera stores the video content as an AVI file. I went to my old PhotoBucket account and found AVI is not supported there. I then realized I had DropBox on my PC and DropBox supports the AVI files. So, I dumped all of the videos into my DropBox. HELP! ..... does anyone know how I can Share the videos from my DropBox?

A short recap :
As was mentioned yesterday, the defense won most of the battles with a strong pass rush or great coverage in the secondary. Today, the offense got after it and evened up the score. Defensive backs are being aggressive ; pulling at the ball as it arrives to prevent the completion or stripping the ball once the receiver catches it. I saw 2 different plays today that the D-back stripped the ball after it was caught. The D-backs coach is the loudest one on the field.
I spent most of my time watching the offense. I am curious as to how the personnel groupings will work. In the 7-on-7's, seems to be 2-WR, 2-TE, 1-RB is the common theme. The speed of practice is a bit faster than before and it becomes difficult to keep track which TE's are running with the 1's as opposed to the second team. Also, Spruce and Cooper and Reynolds occasionally are in with the 1's. With 2 TE's, 1 of the them is usually in line, and the other is split no more than 6 yards, and will occasionally go in motion. With 3 TE's, the 3rd, which is sometimes Everett or Higby, will line up far outside as a WR. Seems that route combinations are all over the board on any given play. For example,a deep route will be run by any one of the 3 receiver positions ; TE, split end, or the wide out.
All of the TE's caught the ball well today except maybe Travis Wilson. And, most of the WR's did well. Even Shakier caught his first pass of Camp; A deep post late in practice.
Overall, it's hard to judge many of the plays as to whether the offense did anything good on any one play because they're not in pads, and no tackling allowed. So, many plays are blown up by the defense early on but the offense plays through it. For example the crowd cheered when Gurley, and another RB broke long runs. They didnlt realized a LB blitzed and ran right by the RB, behind the LOS, which would've been a TFL if they had been tackling.
The practice, just like day 1, ended just under 2 hours. Much shorter than the previous traing camp practices with the previous HC. I saw so much but am having a hard time recalling many of the details.
I understand tomorrow they will be in pads. I will be there to capture what I can.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It was a nice day in Irvine.... about 78 degrees with a cool breeze. It was my second day of Camp and I am mentally exhausted. I had posted in another thread that I had purchased Sunglasses with video camera. After a big fail yesterday to capture anything, I finally got 25-30 plays recorded. I have now spent the last 3 three hours attempting to get them uploaded without much luck. The Camera stores the video content as an AVI file. I went to my old PhotoBucket account and found AVI is not supported there. I then realized I had DropBox on my PC and DropBox supports the AVI files. So, I dumped all of the videos into my DropBox. HELP! ..... does anyone know how I can Share the videos from my DropBox?

A short recap :
As was mentioned yesterday, the defense won most of the battles with a strong pass rush or great coverage in the secondary. Today, the offense got after it and evened up the score. Defensive backs are being aggressive ; pulling at the ball as it arrives to prevent the completion or stripping the ball once the receiver catches it. I saw 2 different plays today that the D-back stripped the ball after it was caught. The D-backs coach is the loudest one on the field.
I spent most of my time watching the offense. I am curious as to how the personnel groupings will work. In the 7-on-7's, seems to be 2-WR, 2-TE, 1-RB is the common theme. The speed of practice is a bit faster than before and it becomes difficult to keep track which TE's are running with the 1's as opposed to the second team. Also, Spruce and Cooper and Reynolds occasionally are in with the 1's. With 2 TE's, 1 of the them is usually in line, and the other is split no more than 6 yards, and will occasionally go in motion. With 3 TE's, the 3rd, which is sometimes Everett or Higby, will line up far outside as a WR. Seems that route combinations are all over the board on any given play. For example,a deep route will be run by any one of the 3 receiver positions ; TE, split end, or the wide out.
All of the TE's caught the ball well today except maybe Travis Wilson. And, most of the WR's did well. Even Shakier caught his first pass of Camp; A deep post late in practice.
Overall, it's hard to judge many of the plays as to whether the offense did anything good on any one play because they're not in pads, and no tackling allowed. So, many plays are blown up by the defense early on but the offense plays through it. For example the crowd cheered when Gurley, and another RB broke long runs. They didnlt realized a LB blitzed and ran right by the RB, behind the LOS, which would've been a TFL if they had been tackling.
The practice, just like day 1, ended just under 2 hours. Much shorter than the previous traing camp practices with the previous HC. I saw so much but am having a hard time recalling many of the details.
I understand tomorrow they will be in pads. I will be there to capture what I can.
Thanks man for your efforts and it's a nice report that deserves it's own thread next time!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks man for your efforts and it's a nice report that deserves it's own thread next time!

i concur. every fan report must have it's own thread. we like getting all perspectives of the day's practice.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Two very different NFL personalities Britt vs Gaines. EJ Gaines has a very mature & professional demeanor, which I prefer myself.

Kenny Britt came out early ,has a world of talent. He was very immature, but has grown up to be a pretty solid man. He is the 1,000 yard WR which The Rams have not had in awhile.

EJ Gaines has worked hard his whole career , & helped make Missouri recognized as a top SEC team his senior year. As a Ram he has showed such promise, only to go through injuries.
I need to get to camp. Actually really pissed at myself for not doing it. Need to change a flat tire on my bike. Could have went to 2 NFL training camps yesterday, which would have given me a great view of strengths & weaknesses. Bosa vs Quinn . Goff vs Rivers. WR's vs DB's

Check out the young Chargers line vs Brown & Big Rob Hav.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Kenny Britt came out early ,has a world of talent. He was very immature, but has grown up to be a pretty solid man. He is the 1,000 yard WR which The Rams have not had in awhile.

EJ Gaines has worked hard his whole career , & helped make Missouri recognized as a top SEC team his senior year. As a Ram he has showed such promise, only to go through injuries.
I need to get to camp. Actually really ticked at myself for not doing it. Need to change a flat tire on my bike. Could have went to 2 NFL training camps yesterday, which would have given me a great view of strengths & weaknesses. Bosa vs Quinn . Goff vs Rivers. WR's vs DB's

Check out the young Chargers line vs Brown & Big Rob Hav.

In what world has Kenny Britt become a pretty solid man? Last I saw, he was still an immature prick. Aside from the golf cart bs, last I heard from him, he was talking shit about Tavon right after signing with Cleveland. What a polite, young man he is.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

after watching the mcvay pressers at the end of both practices i have to hand it to him, a true pro. between every question the look on his face says "what the fuck am i doing here answering these dumb questions" but as soon as he opens his mouth the enthusiasm and articulation of his answers are mesmerising. even when he's throwing out cliches he makes them sound informative.

i love this guy.