Trading Up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Nick Foles, #10 this year, and a 2016 first round pick.

Would you for Mariota?

Would you for Winston?

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
If you make next year's a second rounder I would. Not a first

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Only if we were the team that was trading down!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Not for either. I think Foles is a lot closer to the 27/2 QB than last year when the Philly OL disintegrated and Desean Jackson was in Washington.

So, unfortunately, so many of these scenarios are predicated on the supposition that Foles is a lesser talent. While I don't think he's Peyton, I think he's capable of being in that tier right below him and certainly better than Wilson.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
No, and No. I don't think I'd pick either if they'd drop to 10 - I think there are better players in this draft than either of them.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I sure hope Foles works out. That makes things much easier going forward.

I like Mariota and would be okay dealing for him. But, including next years #1 feels too steep considering our situation.

I prefer a trade down, extra 2nd, and get Grayson. The book on Foles isn't yet written, he's young, so it's hard to suggest we need Mariota.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan of trading up, generally speaking. It seldom works out to the benefit of the team trading up.

But I would be particularly upset if we traded up for either Winston or Mariota. ESPECIALLY after just acquiring Foles. Foles has 2 years of experience in the NFL and is a winning QB.

We must give him a fair shot to be our franchise QB.

To mortgage our draft pick future on either of these rookie QB's would be insane, IMO. Neither are considered "can't miss" prospects. Hell, I'm not sure Winston would even be on my board, for reasons both on and off the field.

I would take Mariota if he fell to our #10. Maybe. Then again, if a team made an offer I couldn't refuse, I'd probably take it.

Next time, I'm not gonna hold back. Lol.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If we are going to trade up I'd do it only if we were keeping F0les with the plan of sitting Mariotta if he wasn't ready , we need t0 win next year

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I would offer the #10 and whatever is reasonable to move up to get Mariota.
But I would not include Foles. I think Foles will be pretty good in our offense and as talented as Mariota is translating his game to the NFL may take a little time (outside of his legs)

Besides, Foles has one year left on his contract and it's very cheap. Might as well see what he can do.

EDIT-I'm also thinking what if we did land Mariota without giving up Foles; If Foles were to light it up this year we now have TWO big trading blocks. You can stick with Foles and pay him or you might even wind up with another #1` pick from a team needing a QB.
But if you trade Foles and Mariota busts we are back to square 1.