Trading down has some intriguing players....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So if Kalil goes back to USC, and for some reason Blackmon isn't deemed worthy enough or just for the hell of getting extra picks...trading down could bring some interesting and exciting players.

Dre Kirkpatrick- Possibly top CB.

Courtney Upshaw- Von Miller V.2?

Jeffery/Floyd- Other WRs.

Morris Claiborne- Possible top CB.

5 other players that would def. help. And in the 3rd round get that RB from Oregon...

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Angry Ram said:
So if Kalil goes back to USC, and for some reason Blackmon isn't deemed worthy enough or just for the hell of getting extra picks...trading down could bring some interesting and exciting players.

Dre Kirkpatrick- Possibly top CB.

Courtney Upshaw- Von Miller V.2?

Jeffery/Floyd- Other WRs.

Morris Claiborne- Possible top CB.

5 other players that would def. help. And in the 3rd round get that RB from Oregon...
Trading down seems like the most viable option but i honestly dont believe Devaney is a good
haggler, he just likes to sit where he gets picks, its been his thing.

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't buy that. Too many other factors, namely the insane gaurenteed contracts that top 5 picks had. Plus 2008, 2009 weren't exactly the best draft classes.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Angry Ram said:
I don't buy that. Too many other factors, namely the insane gaurenteed contracts that top 5 picks had. Plus 2008, 2009 weren't exactly the best draft classes.
I understand that but what about last draft not in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round where we could have picked up another starter instead of the guys we cut this offseason a lot of wasted picks finally, a trade in the 6th isn't even a trade worth making. Maybe im wrong, but imo BD is good drafting, but bad at proposing trades.

bluecoconuts

Legend
If Kalil does indeed stay, assuming that Barkley does as well, trading down a few spots (someone will probably want RG3) and picking up someone like Morris Claiborne or whoever is available does sound good, depending on what we got in the trade and who is around. It's going to be interesting to see who drafts where and who is around.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
If Kalil stays (which may happen or not), is USC free of probation and bowl eligible next season or 2013?

I really like Claibourne and he's a 2 to possibly 3 dimensional type talent. But I'm not a "draft scout analyst". I would think his addition would solve one cb position, punt returner, and possibly get involved in (McDaniels) system in certain situations.

Do we just got w/ Kalil if he declares? It's probably the wise, again "safe" option?

I still look back to Jason Smith and his draft position and potential coming in as a rookie. I don't see how Eugene Monroe. Andre Smith, or even Oher would have been the more logical selection at please consider #2 overall. Maybe I'm completely off base here. We took a player who any team at our #2 selection quite possibly would have done the same and got Jason Smith. The Jags have been beat up as well w/ Monroe and Britton (now a RG?).

The Redskins just had Mr. #4 overall Trent Williams suspended 4 games for league-substance,

Seahawks just lost Russell Okung to a nasty pectoral tear (that play was dirty btw after the whistle- was it Babin, or Cole?) They also lost their RT rookie Carpenter to a torn ACL.

I'll say Andre Smith at RT is finally contributing to the Bengals. His first 2 years were not dynamic to say the least.

Shit happens, whether its Billy D or another GM making the calls I would like to see Claibourne but at #2 overall... not convinced on Blackmon, Jeffery, or even Trent Richardson. I think a needy qb team will trade up with us and select Matt Barkley or Robert Griffin III if we end up with #2.

A 'gem' in the draft may be WR from ASU Gerell Robinson :razzed:

Angry Ram

Barrison6 said:
Angry Ram said:
I understand that but what about last draft not in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round where we could have picked up another starter instead of the guys we cut this offseason a lot of wasted picks finally, a trade in the 6th isn't even a trade worth making. Maybe im wrong, but imo BD is good drafting, but bad at proposing trades.

Where would trading down from the mid 2nd round help? No gaurenteed starter, either. Trading down from the 2nd would've gotten what, a 4th rounder @ best and maybe a later round pick? I'm just saying, this year w/ so many QB needy teams w/ no insane rookie deal so it's a def. possibility.

BatteringRambo said:
If Kalil stays (which may happen or not), is USC free of probation and bowl eligible next season or 2013?

I really like Claibourne and he's a 2 to possibly 3 dimensional type talent. But I'm not a "draft scout analyst". I would think his addition would solve one cb position, punt returner, and possibly get involved in (McDaniels) system in certain situations.

Do we just got w/ Kalil if he declares? It's probably the wise, again "safe" option?

I still look back to Jason Smith and his draft position and potential coming in as a rookie. I don't see how Eugene Monroe. Andre Smith, or even Oher would have been the more logical selection at please consider #2 overall. Maybe I'm completely off base here. We took a player who any team at our #2 selection quite possibly would have done the same and got Jason Smith. The Jags have been beat up as well w/ Monroe and Britton (now a RG?).

The Redskins just had Mr. #4 overall Trent Williams suspended 4 games for league-substance,

Seahawks just lost Russell Okung to a nasty pectoral tear (that play was dirty btw after the whistle- was it Babin, or Cole?) They also lost their RT rookie Carpenter to a torn ACL.

I'll say Andre Smith at RT is finally contributing to the Bengals. His first 2 years were not dynamic to say the least.

Shit happens, whether its Billy D or another GM making the calls I would like to see Claibourne but at #2 overall... not convinced on Blackmon, Jeffery, or even Trent Richardson. I think a needy qb team will trade up with us and select Matt Barkley or Robert Griffin III if we end up with #2.

+

I had no problem w/ the Smith pick. He WAS picked based on potential. It's his concussion issues that may force him to hang it up early to protect his future. That's the only reason Kalil could be a def. possibility. If he had a ACL tear or something, that's different. Concussions are just scary. I even hate the word concussion.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Angry Ram said:
Barrison6 said:
Angry Ram said:

Where would trading down from the mid 2nd round help? No gaurenteed starter, either. Trading down from the 2nd would've gotten what, a 4th rounder @ best and maybe a later round pick? I'm just saying, this year w/ so many QB needy teams w/ no insane rookie deal so it's a def. possibility.

BatteringRambo said:

+

I had no problem w/ the Smith pick. He WAS picked based on potential. It's his concussion issues that may force him to hang it up early to protect his future. That's the only reason Kalil could be a def. possibility. If he had a ACL tear or something, that's different. Concussions are just scary. I even hate the word concussion.
I don't have a player i would have rather drafted in the 2nd round i was just pointing out a round that wasn't traded in and I can say that i was hoping we would trade up to get Mason Foster but guess what we stay put.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
The problems is if Barkely and Kalil return to school, who's going to trade up?

I agree, there are definitely some intriguing guys later in round 1, but I don't think we will have a trade partner. It might be best just to take Alshon Jeffrey or Blackmon.

Now if Kalil and/or Barkely decide to enter the draft then that is a different story altogether.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
brokeu91 said:
[/b]The problems is if Barkely and Kalil return to school, who's going to trade up?

I agree, there are definitely some intriguing guys later in round 1, but I don't think we will have a trade partner. It might be best just to take Alshon Jeffrey or Blackmon.

Now if Kalil and/or Barkely decide to enter the draft then that is a different story altogether.

If Barkley returns suddenly RG III is a lock to be the 2nd QB taken IMO. Teams like the Redskins, Browns (they also have extra picks), or Dolphins may may want to trade up to ensure they can get him. They know we arent looking at QB, but they may not want to stay put and hope RG III falls to them. One problem with that is the fact that the Vikings and Jags have QBs, a team may want to trade up with either of them. It all depends on where everyone ends up picking.

If Kalil returns that makes the OT class weaker and players like Jonathan Martin and Riley Reiff become more coveted to teams needing OL help.

Angry Ram

Barrison6 said:
Angry Ram said:
Barrison6 said:
Angry Ram said:

BatteringRambo said:

+

I don't have a player i would have rather drafted in the 2nd round i was just pointing out a round that wasn't traded in and I can say that i was hoping we would trade up to get Mason Foster but guess what we stay put.

Yeah a trade up anywhere would be exciting. Hey maybe this is the year he does one or the other.