Trade Tavon Austin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamzFanz

Damnit
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What if Tavon could make the same 3rd year jump Quick did?

We're 5 games into his second year.

I think TA will be a star. Just not here. It's not a good fit, Rams have depth, he has great value to another team.

RamzFanz

Damnit
My god people... chill. There is no bigger TA fan than me.

I'm saying he's not being used and he has great value. Wouldn't we be better with some young talented O-line.

Hyper sensitivity.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The great thing is now whenever Bailey and Austin are both back there from now on the defense will have to be split to cover both. I predict Austin breaking one within two weeks!

I hadn't thought of that. Two punt returners every play. Awesome.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
My god people... chill. There is no bigger TA fan than me.

I'm saying he's not being used and he has great value. Wouldn't we be better with some young talented O-line.

Hyper sensitivity.
You threw it out there, and while I agree we need more OL help...every team in the NFL can say that, AND without TA, Bailey's return would NEVER have happened. We will improve as a team, as a TEAM. We are young and improving.

RamzFanz

Damnit
You threw it out there, and while I agree we need more OL help...every team in the NFL can say that, AND without TA, Bailey's return would NEVER have happened. We will improve as a team, as a TEAM. We are young and improving.

Yep, every team can say that but how many have a valuable trade that wouldn't really harm the team?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Yep, every team can say that but how many have a valuable trade that wouldn't really harm the team?
Define valuable trade? I mean, really. Who knows what we could get for him, and his ceiling is still rising. Too early, and too undefined. I'll keep him for now. Shit, Seasucks got a 6th rounder for Harvin, who at this point is way better than TA. Will he be in the end? Who knows.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL

Always has to be one. People can't shit on Cook this week. People can't throw a fit over Greg Robinson not playing. People can't go after Jenkins. People can't go after Quick. Craig Dahl is gone. John Fassel and Jeff Fisher can't be targets today. Nobody can jump on Schotty.

Guess Tavon is the target of the week.

Let me remind you of something, on that 3rd down play right before the fake punt that could have won or lost the Rams the game, who did Seattle put Richard Sherman on? Oh right, they put Richard Sherman on Tavon Austin. Why would they do that?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I posted this same thing in blue font somewhere else on the board.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
LOL

Always has to be one. People can't crap on Cook this week. People can't throw a fit over Greg Robinson not playing. People can't go after Jenkins. People can't go after Quick. Craig Dahl is gone. John Fassel and Jeff Fisher can't be targets today. Nobody can jump on Schotty.

Guess Tavon is the target of the week.

Let me remind you of something, on that 3rd down play right before the fake punt that could have won or lost the Rams the game, who did Seattle put Richard Sherman on? Oh right, they put Richard Sherman on Tavon Austin. Why would they do that? Why would they put Richard Sherman on a non-threat with no ability to play football?
Cause they know Sherman SUCKS! I can still shit on Dahl though, cause i mean, he is Craig Dahl. If we complain about anything it should still be that defense of ours dropping an 18 pt lead. But lets enjoy the win instead!

RamzFanz

Damnit
Define valuable trade? I mean, really. Who knows what we could get for him, and his ceiling is still rising. Too early, and too undefined. I'll keep him for now. crap, Seasucks got a 6th rounder for Harvin, who at this point is way better than TA. Will he be in the end? Who knows.

I think there are OCs out there who would kill to have TA and know exactly how to get the most out of him. Plus he's a positive guy and an all out football player. Harvin is a head case they were lucky to get anything for.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Yeah, but things being what they are, wouldn't a better O line be more valuable?
i said all preseason our Oline was gonna be a problem. but giving up on your #8 pick after a season and half isn't the way to go. too many things can happen between now and draft day to figure out cap room, trades, draft picks etc.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wasn't intending to discredit your idea. I was just responding with my thoughts on the subject.
I don't think your idea is crazy, I just believe Tavon is already a valuable player with loads of room to grow.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I wasn't intending to discredit your idea. I was just responding with my thoughts on the subject.
I don't think your idea is crazy, I just believe Tavon is already a valuable player with loads of room to grow.

Ah, OK, sorry.

RamzFanz

Damnit
i said all preseason our Oline was gonna be a problem. but giving up on your #8 pick after a season and half isn't the way to go. too many things can happen between now and draft day to figure out cap room, trades, draft picks etc.

I think TA has amazing talents. That's not my point. My point is I think a talented and younger O-line would have a greater net value for the Rams now and going forward.

Speeps

Starter
When you replied saying he'd be fine.
I never said, nor implied that you said that he wouldn't. Basically, my post justifies why I don't want him to be traded. I don't want him to be traded, because I think he will be a very good player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.