Trade Preference

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What's your preference in a trade down?

• Get all the compensation this year, (e.g. Browns 2 first rounders plus lower rounders)

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Get 2015 first rounder plus lower rounders this year

Votes: 12 40.0%

• Total voters

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I'm always in favour of extra future picks. We already have two firsts this year; it'd be nice to have two in 2015 as well.

All in this year. The only reason you go for future picks is if you don't believe Sam is the guy.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'd like a first this and next year that COULD produce another high pick and we have two firsts each year.
I like the flexibility it gives and it's ability to spread the cap impications

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
We could get more from Tampa or Minny than the Browns but there is a risk of losing out on the player they have slotted as their guy in the first round.

Snead may opt to trade down and get a second this year and a third and a first next year, which is pretty close to fair trade value to drop to 7 or 8, then use one of the second rounders to move up from 13 who knows. He's a deal maker and if he sees opportunity he will not hesitate. He himself said they go into the draft with the attitude "don't be afraid" so once he makes the first deal he may want another taste and a higher pick.

He could end up with two picks in the top 7-10 and an extra first rounder next year. It's very possible.

tonyl711

Starter
I want the extra first next year, having 2 first round picks every year gives you a lot of flexibility, if you get lucky whoever we trade to tanks and we end up with another top 5 pick.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My question is to the people saying get the compensation this year...you realize that you're trading with a team that is picking top 10...there are very real odds that if you take the future 1st...you come away with a top 15 pick next year. That's better than what you got.

In fact, the Browns pick will be somewhere in the mid 20s unless the Colts keep on winning. So the odds are much higher that you get a better first rounder next year than you do this year.

Alan

Legend
I picked 2015 but I'm interested in taking the deal that gives us the most high picks whenever they come. I'm not worried about needing to have an extra pick in 2015 to have the ammo to draft SB's replacement. I want the first round pick again next year so that we can trade down again for extra picks like this year. I'd like to do that every year. :bigup:

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I just want the extra 2015 first rounder so I root against the team we got it from all year, it adds so much to the week of football.

Simba

Rookie
I would like to trade down with Falcons (6) and choose Jake Matthews.With our 13th pick I Would call Greg Robinson.With these 2 move, we fill our holes in Oline.With our 2nd round pick and extra picks from ATL we can look for the best S and WR available.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I would like to trade down with Falcons (6) and choose Jake Matthews.With our 13th pick I Would call Greg Robinson.With these 2 move, we fill our holes in Oline.With our 2nd round pick and extra picks from ATL we can look for the best S and WR available.

I don't know if I agree, but if those first 2 picks transpire as you say... Oline fixed! Wow!

Alan

Legend
Simba with his draft plan:
If that came with a first round pick in the 2015 draft I'd be OK with that. Only thing is, Matthews could easily be gone by then. If you want to draft Matthews I think you have to get him in the top 5. A run on QBs could change that of course.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That's my dream scenario. But I don't see Robinson falling to #13.