Trade Out The Second Overall

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Pick then select a CB. With the 13th pick select Safety HaHa.

The rams will release finnegan so there will be a need to upgrade the CB position. Rams have a need at safety.
Now imagine how much better the defense will be by adding the top CB and Safety in the draft? Along with the rams vicious pass rush, that defense will give any teams fits.

Rams can use the multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks to draft OL

Alan

Legend
I'd rather use the multiple 2nd round picks to find a S and draft one of the top OTs in the first round. We know from recent experience that all the good ones (barring someone unexpectedly being better than thought) will be gone before the second round begins.

Last edited by a moderator:

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Pick then select a CB. With the 13th pick select Safety HaHa.

The rams will release finnegan so there will be a need to upgrade the CB position. Rams have a need at safety.
Now imagine how much better the defense will be by adding the top CB and Safety in the draft? Along with the rams vicious pass rush, that defense will give any teams fits.

Rams can use the multiple 2nd and 3rd round picks to draft OL

I think when it's all said and done, Ha ha will not be highest rated safety on our board and will in fact be selected much later than where people expected him to go based on his athleticism and school pedigree ala eric reid.

I wouldn't mind:
1a. Matthews
1b. Dennard
2. Pryor

If we traded with Cleveland for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next year's 1st then I'd go:
1a. Matthews
1b. Dennard
2a. Gabe Jackson (really like him at LG)
2b. Pryor

But if we can land a big fish like Byrd then our draft plans would change slightly and I'd be one happy Rams fan.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I think when it's all said and done, Ha ha will not be highest rated safety on our board and will in fact be selected much later than where people expected him to go based on his athleticism and school pedigree ala eric reid.

I wouldn't mind:
1a. Matthews
1b. Dennard
2. Pryor

If we traded with Cleveland for their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and next year's 1st then I'd go:
1a. Matthews
1b. Dennard
2a. Gabe Jackson (really like him at LG)
2b. Pryor

But if we can land a big fish like Byrd then our draft plans would change slightly and I'd be one happy Rams fan.

I am really high on Dennard and Pryor, if we come away with those two i would be in heaven. Jackson or Richardson in the 2nd would be awesome as well. Still don't want a tackle in the first, but could live with it.

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cleveland will not give up that many picks for moving up 2 slots.

I would take the Browns 2 1st round picks and next years 2nd round pick for the Rams overal 2 selection.

Then trade down again from 4th to possibly Lions (10)-Vikings (8)-Titans(11) for their 2nd round pick.

The rams could end up with

3 1st round picks
3 2nd round picks
2 3rd round picks.

We're talking about 8 players ranked in the top 90 prospects. The Rams could plug the holes at OG, Safety, CB, OT, and even get quality depth at WR-LB-DT

laramsoriginal

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the above scenario, why mock draft would be

10th- CB Dennard MSU or Gilbert Ok.St
13th- Safety (best safety in the draft)
26th- OG Richardson Baylor

2nd round- OG Jackson Miss.st
2nd round- OT Richardson Tenn
2nd round- ILB Skov Stanford

3rd Round- WR Coleman Rutgers
3rd Round- DT Uko USC

Last edited by a moderator:

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
In the above scenario, why mock draft would be

10th- CB Dennard MSU or Gilbert Ok.St
13th- Safety (best safety in the draft)
26th- OG Richardson Baylor

2nd round- OG Jackson Miss.st
2nd round- OT Richardson Tenn
2nd round- ILB Skov Stanford

3rd Round- WR Coleman Rutgers
3rd Round- DT Uko USC

Sounds great to me!
But I REALLY would like to see Mike Evans in gold and blue * - *

V3

Hall of Fame
Cleveland will not give up that many picks for moving up 2 slots.

I would take the Browns 2 1st round picks and next years 2nd round pick for the Rams overal 2 selection.

Then trade down again from 4th to possibly Lions (10)-Vikings (8)-Titans(11) for their 2nd round pick.

The rams could end up with

3 1st round picks
3 2nd round picks
2 3rd round picks.

We're talking about 8 players ranked in the top 90 prospects. The Rams could plug the holes at OG, Safety, CB, OT, and even get quality depth at WR-LB-DT

I seriously doubt the Browns would give up as much as you're suggesting. These QB's aren't elite. I wouldn't expect huge returns from any trade.

V3

Hall of Fame
I hope we add some talent to the secondary

So do I. Our secondary was one of the worst in the NFL. We need major help back there but they still shouldn't force the pick. If there are better players at other positions still available, I'd prefer them going after them before forcing a pick at S or CB. We still have quite a few holes to fill. It all depends on how they rate the players.