Trade options for OL (POLL)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

If you're Snead which way would you go?

• Stand your ground, this OL has enough pieces

Votes: 12 12.8%
  • Move AD in a blockbuster deal for a legit starter and picks

Votes: 8 8.5%
  • Move Trumaine for a serviceable starter

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Move Tavon for a serviceable starter

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Deal futures picks for the best answer you can find in trade

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Sign a recently retired type or UDFA

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Wait for cut down day and try to find a gem

Votes: 48 51.1%

• Total voters

Rams43

Hall of Fame
No specifics were mentioned with Pace Murphy other than both he & Donnal were not practicing last week. The knee issue on Donnal has been printed & spoken about by McVay since TC. The first indication of what specific problem was going on with Pace Murphy was when replaced Whitworth @ LT & Pace had that heavy metal & soft cast brace on his left elbow & shoulder.

I have yet to see any details in print on that Murphy issue but it was evident by observing the play of Pace that he was hindered on that upper left side. I will try to get you more info when I run across it my friend in my internet Ram travels:). I'll PM it to you but your past history of responding to my few PM's has been inconsistent..;)

I've never received a single PM from any ROD member, Bonifay.

Something I'm doing wrong?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Any interest in Jeremy Zuttah who the whiners released a few days ago? I know he played C but he also played some OG earlier in his career too. Wonder if hes done at 31 or not.
They released him because Zuttah who was the back up center, was SOUNDLY beat out by a new signed center named TIM BARNES.:whistle:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
At one point or another Jamon Brown has proved he can make every block.
Just not consistently.

Notice though;
Throughout Jamon Browns entire career though he has never been allowed to settle into one spot.

Some of that is because he has struggled.
Other times he looks like he could settle in possibly and then an injury pops up.

Thank goodness Havenstein didn't forget how to be a right tackle though.

I would say the starting o-line looks a little rough in spots but nothing to panic over yet.

Remember again this is a new offense for Jamon Brown too.
He could easily catch up and get the snap count down excetera in the next few games.

No worries here yet.
Yep! True Browns best consistent period of play came when he secured the starting LEFT OG post as a rookie.

Fact is Jamon did not loose that starting LG post due to poor play. It was the joke on goings happening to his immediate left @ LT that caused Boudreau to seek to help the LT post out. So Boudreau wanted the veteran Saffold to help calm down the riot @ LT & flipped Brown to the right side .....a side he had not played in 3 yrs & to a post that he had never played period RG.

Brown started wk#6 @ RG & by wk#9 he was on the IR. Last season Boudreau inserted Brown back @ RG & kept him there through out TC & pre season Brown did not look like the Brown of 2015 TC & pre season @ RG. Then on open regular season game Brown & Wichmann rotated in & out of the RG post. Wichmann beat Brown out & Brown fell back as the top OG reserve. Then this early in 2017 OTA's Brown is moved into the RT post. When TC opened he was the starting RT. Then Kromer moved Brown back inside to RG post again. How many changes, flips & different posts has Brown undergone?????

WvuIN02

Starter
I have a crazy trade proposal.

Steelers receive Trumaine Johnson and Aaron Donald

Rams receive David Decastro, 1st and 2nd 2018 pick. 1st 2019 pick.

Boom.
They dont want or need Donald in their system when they've already invested in Heyward and Stephon Tuitt who fulfill 3-4 DE well for them. Not only that, but DeCastro is far more important to their success than Aaron Donald would be, not to mention that team does not trade away draft picks. Your franchise QB is teetering on retiring next year and you want to take away his best OL piece? Not happening man.

Ram65

Legend
I the only one that voted to deal a future pick but, it could be a player or combo deal. Surprised the trade AD has 6 votes but, it's a thought.

Sure lets try Wichman and Donnel first. I just wonder why they hadn't beaten out Brown already. If Donnel is the next up at OT using him at RG makes the depth weaker. At this point I would be looking at teams that are deep at OG. Could be a veteran is getting beat out by a cheaper player or the other way around. I imagine Snead has his NFL player evaluators looking around for possibles. It's going to be a mad scramble at cut down day. Why not have plan in place before hand.

TexasRam

Legend
1 Try out other Current backups at RG

2 Other teams roster cuts

3 Jamon Brown's pass blocking seems serviceable so, with the Watkins/Kupp/ Everett 3-headed monster become a pass first/Pass heavy offense.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I have a crazy trade proposal.

Steelers receive Trumaine Johnson and Aaron Donald

Rams receive David Decastro, 1st and 2nd 2018 pick. 1st 2019 pick.

Boom.
So...the Steelers have difficulty signing L Bell but can afford Donald?

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
So...the Steelers have difficulty signing L Bell but can afford Donald?

They don't have a difficulty signing him. He's asking for the moon and the stars. They offered him 12M per year. There's not a running back in the league worth that. Yet, he said no.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They don't have a difficulty signing him. He's asking for the moon and the stars. They offered him 12M per year. There's not a running back in the league worth that. Yet, he said no.

This makes me wonder wtf Donald is asking for. I'd love to see his demands vs Demoff's offer.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
42 votes for waiver wire..!!?? You bastids. First you b!tch about Jeff Fisher, then you all vote to do what he'd do!!! :p

RamWoodie

Legend
At this point I think you stand pat and continue to work with what you have. Let this line play through the preseason, and then if you need to, make a move.

At this point I like what I see.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Sure lets try Wichman and Donnel first. I just wonder why they hadn't beaten out Brown already. If Donnel is the next up at OT using him at RG makes the depth weaker. At this point I would be looking at teams that are deep at OG. Could be a veteran is getting beat out by a cheaper player or the other way around. I imagine Snead has his NFL player evaluators looking around for possibles. It's going to be a mad scramble at cut down day. Why not have plan in place before hand.
Monday Morning Ram65, Andrew Donnal has been out for most all of Training Camp with an knee injury. Thus he has not had any time to get ready & prepared for the regular season as of yet let alone battle for a starting RG post with Jamon Brown. The elbow injury over a week ago to another OT Pace Murphy has taken 2 of the top reserve OT's out of practice. Leaving only Micheal Dunn & Darrell Williams to get all the work when & if the first team gives the 1st team OT a break, plus covering for the 2nd & 3rd team reps. Pace Murphy had been held out of all of last weeks practices but braced up for Saturdays game & we saw what that injured taped/metal bars attached to that left elbow did to his play.

What we saw from Kromer as a result of those 2 OT injuries caused him some issues plus the ongoing poor play of Jamon Brown, Kromer moved to address those things & insert Havenstein back in @ OT for the moment. I not sold on the ideal that this right side OL is set as it has been reported by ESPN.

What I observed in this 1st pre seasons games was reserve OL Darrell Williams got reps in @ both OT posts. What is evident DW performs much better @ LT than RT. Go figure. After last pre season when DW was awful in his appearance this first game was positive. Hopefully DW has finally moved past his 2015 season injury & is now healthy enough for considerations to win the a #9 or #10 OL roster spot. The last real OT prospect is Micheal Dunn who had some issues.

The possible future developments in this OL is where Jamon Brown faces some serious competition for his starting RG post. Kromer gave interior OL'ers Austin Blythe, Cody Wichmann & Jake Eldrenkamp playing time Saturday. All appeared to hold up well. Wichmann was particularity good in breaking RB Justin Davis loose.Then there are other OL'ers too in RG Alex Kozan & OC/OG Parker Collins, they played too. Is this not a decent amount of OL'ers in this OL unit?

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
They released him because Zuttah who was the back up center, was SOUNDLY beat out by a new signed center named TIM BARNES.:whistle:

Ehh ive seen it before. Said player loses job to a worse player and gets cut only to go to another team and perform well. Maybe he had a nagging injury or something or didnt fit the coaches scheme. Not alot of options out there and it doesnt hurt to look. Im worried about Brown being our best RG that none of the other guys can beat out. Havent seen anything from Brown since we drafted him that gives me confidence. Maybe he will look better next game (hoping). Our best option is probably waiting to see if we can find a gem in cut down days.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There really isnt any option other than to wait for cuts. Whoever is still UFA is likely not worth much, and I dont kno what commodity the Rams have to trade. They better not trade Donald and at this point Austin and Tru are pretty much worthless from a trade perspective so....

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Do we need a Right Guard or a Right Tackle? Or both?

Did they switch Brown and Hav back because Brown wasn't cutting it out at RT or because Hav wasn't cutting it at guard?

My suspicion is that Brown is the weak link here - but his weakness is inconsistency - on some plays he looks like he is a pro bowler and on others, he is letting the drive get destroyed.