Trade #23?- (not a Beckham/Gronk thread)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok, being greedy, I want the Colts to go Chubb with their 1st and move back in the 1st to get Jackson as backup qb and can use his athleticism (even though he doesn’t want that)
They have to give up 2 2nd round picks. 36&49, they keep 37

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Once the draft gets going, teams will pay what they think a player is worth, even if it is more than the draft chart value. Hey, if you are getting the #15 guy on your board at pick #23, who cares if you are overpaying for the slot?

Sure. And sometimes when teams want to move down when they see insufficient value at their needs where they are drafting, they take a little less than the draft chart value. It is usually pretty close, though, and on average it is generally almost exactly right over time. Because of that, if you are going to speculate on draft pick trades, it is usually better to stay close to the chart, and hope that your team is a positive exception that year.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, being greedy, I want the Colts to go Chubb with their 1st and move back in the 1st to get Jackson as backup qb and can use his athleticism (even though he doesn’t want that)

But if they are willing to give up that much to move back up to get Jackson - why aren't they offering that same value to every team drafting from #17 on, until somebody takes it? The value chart equates that with #17, and I suspect some team will decide they would rather get two 2nds before it falls to the Rams. Not to mention that teams would likely call other QB needy teams and mention that offer, and try to beat it,

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But if they are willing to give up that much to move back up to get Jackson - why aren't they offering that same value to every team drafting from #17 on, until somebody takes it? The value chart equates that with #17, and I suspect some team will decide they would rather get two 2nds before it falls to the Rams. Not to mention that teams would likely call other QB needy teams and mention that offer, and try to beat it,
Because inside top 20 costs more.
Jackson may go top 20 and then the trade up would be for Rudolph

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because inside top 20 costs more.
Jackson may go top 20 and then the trade up would be for Rudolph

If they want Jackson enough to trade two 2nds, I suspect they are willing to pay slightly more salary to be certain to get him. Every slot they wait, there is a chance somebody jumps them for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they want Jackson enough to trade two 2nds, I suspect they are willing to pay slightly more salary to be certain to get him. Every slot they wait, there is a chance somebody jumps them for him.
Qb’s always cost more.

dang

Legend
This would be very favorable for the Rams. More realistically would be Rams R1.23 for Colts R2.37 + R3.67. I personally like having that extra R3 pick to address the following with first 3 picks:
-ILB
-EDGE
-Either NT (Suh trainee) or OL (Whitworth/Sullivan trainee).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This would be very favorable for the Rams. More realistically would be Rams R1.23 for Colts R2.37 + R3.67. I personally like having that extra R3 pick to address the following with first 3 picks:
-ILB
-EDGE
Yeah I did say I was greedy. Lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think the Colts are more likely to trade up for a CB. But I do think they're a possible trade partner. I doubt they give us two seconds, though. A second and a third seems most likely.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
-ILB
-EDGE

Yeah I did say I was greedy. Lol

Colts have Brissett they traded who is a pretty serviceable QB until Luck is ready. Highly doubt they trade for a QB, now a CB? I could see that like Jrry suggested.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Minnesota may make a good trade partner. They pick at 30, have a very good roster, may be targeting a player at the Rams spot of 23. Picks 30, 94, either a 5th or a couple of 6ths gets it done. Unless a top 15 player falls to 23, or a Beckham trade happens, expect a trade down in round 1.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
I’m all for a trade down unless either Evans or Landry are there (Landry likely goes top 15 tbh), or if it gets included in OBJ trade (which may be unlikely with all contracts coming due; there was an article on Twitter by former agent- name slips my mind- who went into detail about our cap and how it would be hard to add/retain OBJ).