Toughest Loss of the Year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams toughest loss to take?

• vs Min - season opener and we get dominated by a pretty bad team

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • vs Dal - we go up 21-0 and then collapse

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • @ Philly - very sloppy start and the comeback comes up just short

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • vs 49ers - We win the 1Q 14-0 and then get trounced in Qs 2,3,4

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • @ KC - we get completely dominated

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • @ Az - we outplay them for 3 quarters and then collapse

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • @ SD - the red zone turn over

Votes: 31 37.3%

• Total voters

Irish

Starter
We gave the top team in the division a free win, one that, now that Stanton is playing and not Palmer, will most likely be the difference in them making the playoffs instead of us.

we beat San Fran, we could still be Seattle twice, and we would have a chance to beat AZ twice and finish 9-7, possibly sharing a division title, but we would have a tiebreaker.

That game was soul crushing, because you could see it coming. We beat AZ for 3 qtrs, only to watch out QB hand it to them on a silver platter in Q4. It turned my stomach then, and it turns my stomach now, knowing that AZ is going to come PLUMMETING back down to earth.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I felt like someone sucker-punched me, and I was knocked out cold, when we lost to the Chargers!!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Every time we lose to frisco. That is always the toughest loss for me.
I'm just happy to know that I won't have to feel that way again. Not for years to come.

RamzFanz

Damnit
As painful as this year has been - the 'what could have been' is pretty amazing.

We could have won the Dallas game, certainly.

We could have won in Philly.

We could have beaten SF at home, beaten Az on the road, beaten SD on the road.

We are just a few bad breaks away from being in the drivers seat to having home field throughout the playoffs.

On the other hand, we very nearly lost to TB, Seattle, and SF so we could are also a few lucky breaks away from looking at another top 5 pick in the draft.

What a crazy season for us - all of the relo talk, Bradford, Michael Sam, Ferguson - it makes you dizzy.

You're right, crazy season. You didn't even scratch the surface.

Top 5 pass rush and sack record talk turns into worst 5 games in NFL EVER for sacks turns into sack city?

AD miracle QB turns into I guess we'll try Hill?

Tre Mason the "why did we draft a RB?" turns into starter?

Greg Robinson is a bust turns into thank goodness we have Robinson?

Biggest weakness is Rams secondary turns into Gaines, Joyner, Mcleod, McDonald, Jenkins, and Johnson?

"Washed up Britt" and "never performed Quick" may be the big wideout pair that crushes teams?

What a ride. Next season IS the season!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Dallas, because of the blown 21 point lead, and a win there and thus a tiebreaker over them could have left the playoffs a bit more possible.

IMO, a non-predictable call that ended up not working doesn't compare to that at all.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Probably the Minnesota game, I was hyping up the Rams all summer and that deflated me a lot.
That was a tough day.
All I could think was " are we this bad, or are they this good"
Turns out, neither.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
For me its the San Diego game. Inside the 5 with a minute left; we had it in the bag.

Dishonorable mentions:
The Cowboy Comeback. Up 21. Clicking on all cylinders. Then for some reason we quit.

The Cardinal Collapse. 3 quarters we dominated on defense. Then we lose due to poor play calling offensive, bad execution, and blown coverages in the 4th.

I would put the San Fran game but we were really only competitive for the first quarter. I "prefer" the heartbreaking last second losses...

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I said the Philly game. I could see the comeback happening. Then Pettis dropped the 2nd down pass. The SD game gave me flashbacks to that failure.

Got to be Cowboys, O did all that was needed from it just Cook being Cook cost us in that regard. But the D was awful, and the refs even worse.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Got to be Cowboys, O did all that was needed from it just Cook being Cook cost us in that regard. But the D was awful, and the refs even worse.

San Diego hurt worse than Dallas because of how it ended but Dallas was probably the bigger let down. Then again, San Diego, Philly, and Dallas all hurt really badly. That Pettis drop killed me against Philly.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Have to say the Dallas game... I live in Cowturd country and can't stand them when they get on a winning streak and all their fans can be the most annoying idiots your ever going to have to experience. Bad wagon pos's....

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
AZ game. For me it's personal, and it would have put us at 3-1 in the division...as well as on the NFL map...as well as 2 straight wins.. etc...etc...etc...

FRO

Legend
San Diego hurt worse than Dallas because of how it ended but Dallas was probably the bigger let down. Then again, San Diego, Philly, and Dallas all hurt really badly. That Pettis drop killed me against Philly.
It hurt Pettis too. He is still out of the league.

It's crazy that going into 2013 he was out number 1 receiver, mid way through 2014 he is out of the league at the age of 26 and is fully healthy. And people blamed Bradford for everything.

BadCompany

Rookie
In my heart I hate them all.

The Rams don't just lose... they losing in soul-crushing fashion. Seriously, have we lost a game we "shouldn't" have won? I know, woulda, coulda, shoulda, but still. I guess the Minnesota game was the only game where we were never in it, and were beaten by the "better" team (on that day). Every other game it seems like a good call here, a non-mistake there, and we could very easily have won. Instead, the team seems to self-implode, or lose because of external factors, which is just all that more painful to watch.

EDIT to add the Kansas debacle. We were never in that one either. Probably why I've already forgotten about it!

Last edited:

Debacled

Starter
Dallas/SD games because it felt like the game was taken out of the teams hands by the refs in both instances

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Dammit they all hurt and they all bother me, but I chose the niner game with the Charger game a close second.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know how its possible that it isnt unanimous in favor of the 49ers.
The Rams were POUNDING them 14-0 on National TV.
I'd have rather beat them 52-0 and lost to Oakland
God I hate the 49ers
Ouch
I just punched a wall