Tough schedule this year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Going into the 2012 season, based on the 2011 records of their opponents, the Rams schedule was rated as the fourth-toughest in the league. Now after playing 14 games, the Rams schedule turns out to be even tougher based on the current records of their ’12 opponents.

Based on the entire 16-game season, the Rams have the third-toughest schedule in the NFL. And why is this a good thing? Because a fluffy schedule would have done the Rams a disservice in the long run, because that’s how you fall in love with a flawed team, and get fooled into dangerous infatuations with players who aren’t quite as good as you think they are.

But there are no illusions for Fisher and Snead to deal with. The Rams have already played eight games against seven teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. Counting the season finale against 9-5 Seattle, that would be nine games against seven potential playoff teams.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/burwell- ... 20847.html

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Do we have any idea what divisions we play next year?

Is it the AFC West and NFC South?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sum1BTRthnU said:

I believe so, yes.

Lesson

Oh, really?
X said:
Lesson said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

AFC South and NFC South.

http://www.pslsource.com/st_louis_rams_ ... _opponents
Gah. I knew it was the South, I just didn't know it was both.

Thanks for the link. I was looking for that.

No problem, dude.

Another way to figure it out for divisions is the year of the schedule(2013)- four years(2009)=schedule in 2013 for divisional play.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lesson said:
X said:
Lesson said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

AFC South and NFC South.

No problem, dude.

Another way to figure it out for divisions is the year of the schedule(2013)- four years(2009)=schedule in 2013 for divisional play.

I thought it would be minus 3 years.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
Going into the 2012 season, based on the 2011 records of their opponents, the Rams schedule was rated as the fourth-toughest in the league. Now after playing 14 games, the Rams schedule turns out to be even tougher based on the current records of their ’12 opponents.

Based on the entire 16-game season, the Rams have the third-toughest schedule in the NFL. And why is this a good thing? Because a fluffy schedule would have done the Rams a disservice in the long run, because that’s how you fall in love with a flawed team, and get fooled into dangerous infatuations with players who aren’t quite as good as you think they are.

But there are no illusions for Fisher and Snead to deal with. The Rams have already played eight games against seven teams that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today. Counting the season finale against 9-5 Seattle, that would be nine games against seven potential playoff teams.

Good to hear. 2010 may have been smoke in mirrors but at least this year isn't.

How in the hell does this happen to a team that won two games last year?? Brutal

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
smram said:
X said:

How in the hell does this happen to a team that won two games last year?? Brutal
That's just our luck. Those teams were *supposed to be* bad. But as the season unfolded, they became better. As did we. But it's nice to see us stomping potential playoff teams' asses this year. Next step is to not get pulverized by high flying offenses. That's more than a little irritating.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
smram said:
X said:

That's just our luck. Those teams were *supposed to be* bad. But as the season unfolded, they became better. As did we. But it's nice to see us stomping potential playoff teams' asses this year. Next step is to not get pulverized by high flying offenses. That's more than a little irritating.

I'm with you in that the Seattle game is my Superbowl. I fucking hate Pete Carroll

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
smram said:
I'm with you in that the Seattle game is my Superbowl. I fucking hate Pete Carroll
I'm already looking past Tampa at that game.

I want that one BAD.

If we lose that game, I'm gonna be in a bad mood for weeks. Real bad.
I might actually get banned by the mods here.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
smram said:

I want that one BAD.

I want the win and a 40burger on those mother f-ers.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
smram said:
X said:
smram said:

I want that one BAD.

Say it. I have my profanity filter off.

Say iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit....

SAY IT. :twisted:

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
X said:
smram said:
X said:
smram said:

I want that one BAD.

Say it. I have my profanity filter off.

Say iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit....

SAY IT. :twisted:

Those mother FUCKKKERS!!! I don't like the Seahawks at all, in fact I hate them. Pete Carroll, being the coach there, makes me really fucking hate them with a passion.

Lesson

Oh, really?
RamFan503 said:
Lesson said:
X said:
Lesson said:
Sum1BTRthnU said:

AFC South and NFC South.

No problem, dude.

I thought it would be minus 3 years.

For NFC divisional opponents, you are correct. AFC divisional opponents it's 4.

I only explained for the AFC. My bad.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Lesson said:
For NFC divisional opponents, you are correct. AFC divisional opponents it's 4.

I only explained for the AFC. My bad.

Oh yeah - forgot about them. :boing: My bad too. :tooth:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I fucking HATE the Seahawks. Even more since that cheerleading peckerwood of a coach has been prancing like a Glee fan up and down the sidelines.

Unfortunately, I feel as if that team is going to take the Rams out to the woodshed and essentially pull a Deliverance on them. I would not be surprised to see us lose by 45. Don't bother to hate me...I already hate myself for thinking it....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
I fucking HATE the Seahawks. Even more since that cheerleading peckerwood of a coach has been prancing like a Glee fan up and down the sidelines.

Unfortunately, I feel as if that team is going to take the Rams out to the woodshed and essentially pull a Deliverance on them. I would not be surprised to see us lose by 45. Don't bother to hate me...I already hate myself for thinking it....
I should stomp a mud hole in your ass and walk it dry
JUST for thinking something like that.

But I won't.

In all seriousness, I don't think it's going to be a high scoring affair. I don't care how much they've been dropping on other teams out there. THIS team was built to stand up to the NFC West and bitch slap it (open hand) right in the face. Wyatt Earp style.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7J6dRkJjOI[/youtube]

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Seahags aren't close to being the Niners and how did that go.
Rams will want to send a msg. and keep undefeated in the Div. so it should be a good game.