Tough but fair article on Rams offensive woes

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yep. The elephant in the room as far as i'm concerned. Fisher's Rams would probably win 10 games/year if the schedule had us playing a SEA/AZ and SF only slate.

Ya'll think 7-9 is bullcrap...his out of division record is atrocious. I mean seriously, if you remove the ownage over Tampa Bay and the crappy Browns matchups...Fisher's Rams have only won 5 games in the last three seasons out of division.
FIVE
It would be interesting to see what their record would have been over the last 5 years playing in the AFC or NFC South. They still would not have had a QB but I think they would have been winning those divisions.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quarterbacks

Foles posted the lowest QBR in the NFL

Keenum has the lowest QBR in the league

Goff has a lower QBR than Keenum, and has worse statistics than the cellar-dwelling Keenum in nearly every major category (completion percentage, yards per attempt, sack rate, yards per completion, yards per game).
Well FWIW Keenum had a lower QB rating after the 1st 3 games of the year, 66.1 to Goff 70 And his TD-INT ratio was worse 2-3 vs Goff at 4-3

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It would be interesting to see what their record would have been over the last 5 years playing in the AFC or NFC South. They still would not have had a QB but I think they would have been winning those divisions.
Why? The Rams division record has been fine, its outside the division where they've struggled

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why? The Rams division record has been fine, its outside the division where they've struggled
They would have needed fewer wins against lesser opponents outside the division to win the divisions and would have had easier schedules.

It's all just nonsense but if we're guess what might have been.....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They would have needed fewer wins against lesser opponents outside the division to win the divisions and would have had easier schedules.

It's all just nonsense but if we're guess what might have been.....
Imagine if they didn't have to play San Fran?
Keep in mind, the 49ers are 2-14 in their last 16 games....
I'll stick with Parcells on this one, you are what your record says you are

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
2013/2014 were the peak for Fisher. Had Bradford not got hurt maybe we look at Fisher through a different lense. 2015 and 2016 seem worse than 2012. Seems like the team is regressing.

No doubt. He got screwed by Sam Bradford not being able to stay on the field, and then when Sam neared FA the dude has to deal with his QB refusing to meet in the middle on salary, which is something I personally won't forgive him for.

But he also made a crucial mistake building the OL around Jake Long, he signed the guy 2 years after the "good" version expired and brought in an injury-prone player with big salary. He basically screwed up the OL build about as bad as you can, and then elected late in his tenure to invest draft capital. Just a bad deal all around.

And then you have the windows on players. Both CBs hitting FA, more key players hitting FA again this year, and the worst thing is they signed the guy who has yet to produce the way they thought he would in Tavon.

It's a damn mess. But strangely enough, the Rams have two of the hardest pieces to find in an interior pass rusher and a QB. Those two guys and Gurley are going to make this job very attractive if Stan wises up.