Torry Holt thinks rams need a number one WR

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OhioRam

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watkins is nothing like Austin, bigger and runs better routes...also has better hands

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Jordan Matthews > Sammy Watkins.

watch. Just like I called Keenen Allen > Tavon Austin last off season and a lot of people down played me.
Well you wont have to worry about Mathews going unnoticed by the Rams coaching and scouting staffs. He played alongside Stacy last year and had his best year, he had a great year this season as well. I am sure the scouts saw him while watching Stacy. Zac is in their ear about Mathews for sure so I think he will get a fair look

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Well you wont have to worry about Mathews going unnoticed by the Rams coaching and scouting staffs. He played alongside Stacy last year and had his best year, he had a great year this season as well. I am sure the scouts saw him while watching Stacy. Zac is in their ear about Mathews for sure so I think he will get a fair look

If we get a WR, I hope so. This kids special.

not to mention hes jerry rices cousin I think.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I'm more speaking on how they preformed this year. Every one used to talk about Tavon as if he would come in and cure our WR issues the same way they think Watkins is.

as of right now Allen > Tavon by far. a few years from now maybe Tavon > Allen well see.

They are 100% on different roles. Allen is an outside receiver and 100% purely a receiver. Austin was drafted to be that "x factor."

Allen may always be a better receiver than Austin; however, Austin can destroy a team (see colts) once he gets it all figured out.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
If we get a WR, I hope so. This kids special.

not to mention hes jerry rices cousin I think.

Yeah, but he has refused any advice offered by Jerry. He said he wanted to get himself to the NFL before he starts learing from Jerry (which makes it scary how good he can become)

…..

Legend
Yeah, but he has refused any advice offered by Jerry. He said he wanted to get himself to the NFL before he starts learing from Jerry (which makes it scary how good he can become)

actually...to me its scary that he didn't want the input of the best WR of all time.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Yea I read about that too, there the same bloodline that's going to be interesting. I wouldn't mind having Jerry Rice 2.0 on the Rams.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
actually...to me its scary that he didn't want the input of the best WR of all time.
Yea I read about that too, there the same bloodline that's going to be interesting. I wouldn't mind having Jerry Rice 2.0 on the Rams.

Neither would I. It would be nice if we could get him in the second round but I'd imagine he will go late first or very early in the second.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Where an when did Tory say this and where did he say he did not think Quick should be a starter next year?

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I really think we will grab one of the top 4-5 WR's in the draft. As the draft gets closer the allure of an offensive weapon always garners some extra notice. Also the OL prospects are pretty deep so are the DB's. I think our next needs are LB depth QB backup project and WR. I could easily see us putting priority on WR over LB and QB and with the depth at the other positions we may find ourselves with a Too good to pass up WR as our second first rounder or in the 2nd. And then there is always the fact the we are always enamored by the TE position drafting either 9 or 10 in the last 10 years. obviously the TE quip is sarcasm.....I think?

V3

Hall of Fame
So does Torry saying this mean he doesn't see Quick as our #1 in the future or as of right now?

If they're talking about the interview he did on the radio a while ago, I was listening to that and I'm pretty sure he was intimating that Quick will never be a #1. He said he didn't see a #1 at all on the team so they need to draft one.

...I agree with him.

V3

Hall of Fame
Not many former players turn out to be good or great coaches. Just Sayin. Players and coaches two different animals.

The Rams obviously think enough of his teaching skills to keep having him spend time with the WR's and teach them.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The Rams obviously think enough of his teaching skills to keep having him spend time with the WR's and teach them.

See me thinks the Rams should hire a better WR coach. If they think Torry can be that guy, great. I still refer to what I said. Most players don't turn out to be good coaches.

RFIP

Jordan Matthews > Sammy Watkins.

watch. Just like I called Keenen Allen > Tavon Austin last off season and a lot of people down played me.

No way no how. Also I liked Allen but Austin is a different animal all together...he's Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush, he's a weapon who can score from anywhere. Allen looks to be a nice #2 wr. Completely different players and I would nevver trade Austin for Allen.

V3

Hall of Fame
See me thinks the Rams should hire a better WR coach. If they think Torry can be that guy, great. I still refer to what I said. Most players don't turn out to be good coaches.

I can't decide how I feel about Sherman. He has some big name WR's on his resume but I don't see that much progress from our WR's. Givens has actually regressed. I don't know what to think about him.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Last year we had Amendola and Gibson like them or not they took a lot of attention and pressure off of Givens. This year Givens was matched up against opposing teams #1 corner ( 5 of 12 DB's in the pro bowl are in the NFC West) and we didn't have anyone to take the pressure off of him on a consistent basis, sure there was growth by Quick, and Pettis is Pettis but no real alternate outside threat. Whether Quick steps up Austin is more involved, Bailey continues to grow and Givens gets tougher and more competitive remains to be seen. But this team will absolutely benefit from a number 1 WR. Now it is just a matter of does it come from within or do we go get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
No way no how. Also I liked Allen but Austin is a different animal all together...he's Darren Sproles/Reggie Bush, he's a weapon who can score from anywhere. Allen looks to be a nice #2 wr. Completely different players and I would nevver trade Austin for Allen.

Sammy Watkins - 85 rec, 1,237 yards, 10 tds.
Jordan Matthews - 107 rec, 1,334 yards, 5 tds.

RFIP

You are comparing appls to a watermelon. Two different players completely. If we go by stats then Pettis should be MUCH better than Megatron.