Torry Holt Responds to (pwns) Steve Smith

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

joeybittick

Rookie
I have seen the threads about Steve Smith and his comments about him and "teammates" wanting the Rams to move to LA. Big Game had quite the response but I have not seen that posted. Also, he did a good interview overall on Monday. I know it is a couple of days old but I thought it may be worth posting.

Smith's comments and Holt's response:

[mp3]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/ITD_Audio/SmithAudioHolt.mp3[/mp3]

Full interview with Torry Holt (Monday):

[mp3]http://www.insidestlaudio.com/ITD_Audio/012113-4TorryHolt.mp3[/mp3]

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Total annihilation. Get 'em, Torry.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OrI7vhMDCM[/youtube]

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
iBruce said:
and I still love Torry Holt.
Who wouldn't. Dude is gold.

What a freaking tandem he and Bruce were. Not since Flipper Anderson and Henry Ellard have the Rams had such a prolific duo of receivers. Both were fundamentally SOLID without having to rely on speed to get open. I posted an interview of Bruce, and although it was short, he made that the primary focus of his interview. Technique, technique, technique. He and Holt were almost flawless in that regard, and they made the QBs job so much easier. Warner, Green, Bulger, they all were made to look brilliant with those two on the field, and then when they were forced to play with lesser talent, and behind shaky O-lines, what happened?

Which receivers on this team are even within a mile of those two in terms of technique?

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Rams fan we got so spoiled with Holt and Bruce. No wonder we been dying for a No 1 stud wideout. Givens can be a solid No 2 but he is not a No 1 at all.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holt's right. On another forum, Steve Smith and his lack of production were a running joke. The way Smith put it wasn't bad and I'll give him credit for that but sometimes, it's best to keep your foot in your mouth in those situations.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Warner, Green, Bulger, they all were made to look brilliant with those two on the field, and then when they were forced to play with lesser talent, and behind shaky O-lines, what happened?
Umm, must say that I agree with you Paul 99.9% of the time. But as for Warner being included in the above example, I must make an exception. While it's true Warner struggled as the result of hand injuries which hampered his grip and to a lessor degree, throwing motion. His resurrected career in Arizona and the way he carried that Cardinal team during the playoff's while recording a QB rating of 112.1 and that late TD in the S.B., indicates to me that (he) was the brilliant one. That's not to suggest that a supporting cast isn't absolutely necessary, i.e., Fitzgerald and Boldin. But considering his performance during that final season at 37, it's difficult to dispute his performance regardless.

Too bad he didn't discover gloves while still with the Rams....then again, had he remained, Martz would have probably got him killed anyway. :bummed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
ramsince62 said:
Warner, Green, Bulger, they all were made to look brilliant with those two on the field, and then when they were forced to play with lesser talent, and behind shaky O-lines, what happened?
Umm, must say that I agree with you Paul 99.9% of the time. But as for Warner being included in the above example, I must make an exception. While it's true Warner struggled as the result of hand injuries which hampered his grip and to a lessor degree, throwing motion. His resurrected career in Arizona and the way he carried that Cardinal team during the playoff's while recording a QB rating of 112.1 and that late TD in the S.B., indicates to me that (he) was the brilliant one. That's not to suggest that a supporting cast isn't absolutely necessary, i.e., Fitzgerald and Boldin. But considering his performance during that final season at 37, it's difficult to dispute his performance regardless.

Too bad he didn't discover gloves while still with the Rams....then again, had he remained, Martz would have probably got him killed anyway. :bummed:
Yeah, that's exactly what I mean. When he was hampered by his hand injury, and went to the Giants in a new situation with lesser receivers, he didn't do so well. When he got to AZ with Fitz, Boldin, that O-line and a decent run game, he was back to form. The main *crux* of my point is that a QB is pretty reliant on having a supporting cast that allows him to showcase his talents. When that's not there, "they" aren't there.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
to this day, i am so proud that the greatest show on turf era stars were all intelligent, well spoken, respected, hall of famers who look as good as they did when they played (no homo)

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
GOT EM!! Thats Big Game fellas.

This is awesome!

Smh Steve Smith, you no good has been. Torry is a true Ram by heart and really cares for this team and the city of St. Louis. An icon and hero through my eyes.

I care not for what Steve Smith thinks on ANY matter, his opinion is worth as much as his play, zilch. I was NOT a fan of the Smith signing and this just makes me smh at him even more.

And I will quote the leaders of the Rams (SJ, Sam, JL55, CL91, etc)..."We just want to get ST. LOUIS back to the glory days"....This has been said numerous times... This team is behind St. Louis!

Have fun finding a job Steve. :nono:

(no offense to the fans who indeed want the Rams back in LA)