Torry Holt On Why Penalties Have Been an Issue Under Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There was a vicious but legal hit that Michael Brockers put on Josh McNown last year and it was called a penalty and if I remember right the ref said he hit him in the chest,it was 1 of the worse calls I have seen

It was another example of the ref blowing a call.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Torry and the host both get an incomplete for failure to mention the BS flags against us. Any conversation about the Rams and penalties this season is unfinished until that is mentioned.

i fully believe its the new reputation of the rams, hence the refs are "looking" for infractions which in turn means anything close will now be called instead of being given the doubt about it. they're arent the only team getting bad calls, they just seem to get a couple extra more often than not.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
They should put a red jersey on QB's. Can't touch em. Drop everyone back in coverage and give the QB 5 seconds to throw. Plus, they can't tackle a receiver. The ball is down where he catches it. No need for helmets or pads. Just wear shorts and T's. And have a bbq going on the sidelines. That would make it safe for everyone. The end of the NFL as we know it.

Fire hazard!!! Not safe!!!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
However, I do think they're not going far enough. They should be putting more money into developing better/safer equipment on top of the rules. The rules seem like a way to claim it for PR and legal purposes but I think they need to go a step further and commit to it fully.
This is my beef. Of course we should want a safer game, but the league continues to ignore actual safety measures like new helmets or standards for field conditions. Sure you can make rules regarding hits to the QB and WR, that's where the league makes its money --off of offensive juggernauts and fantasy football high scores. There seems to be little regard for linemen and running backs. Sure it'd be harder to enforce blows to the head for those players, but not all fans are watching what happens in the trenches every play, so they don't try so hard.