Torry Holt On Why Penalties Have Been an Issue Under Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Could you imagine the GSOT with the current can't touch the QB /WR rules....sweet mother of God.

I actually am starting to hate the new rules. We got a roughing penalty for grazing Homo's helmet. It's game ain't as fun as it use to be...

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They should put a red jersey on QB's. Can't touch em. Drop everyone back in coverage and give the QB 5 seconds to throw. Plus, they can't tackle a receiver. The ball is down where he catches it. No need for helmets or pads. Just wear shorts and T's. And have a bbq going on the sidelines. That would make it safe for everyone. The end of the NFL as we know it.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Torry and the host both get an incomplete for failure to mention the BS flags against us. Any conversation about the Rams and penalties this season is unfinished until that is mentioned.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We need someone like Deacon Jones as Commish!!:D :D

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
They should put a red jersey on QB's. Can't touch em. Drop everyone back in coverage and give the QB 5 seconds to throw. Plus, they can't tackle a receiver. The ball is down where he catches it. No need for helmets or pads. Just wear shorts and T's. And have a bbq going on the sidelines. That would make it safe for everyone. The end of the NFL as we know it.

Dude, it's very sad that this form of hypoble is actually not much of a stretch at all. Well said, man.

And not to mention Fisher's hard nosed, old school, style flirts the new rules on a weekly basis. I love the old school way of playing, but freak we get murdered with penalties. Why doesn't our POS commissioner step in on THIS??? Refs should be fined for shitty games!!!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Dude, it's very sad that this form of hypoble is actually not much of a stretch at all. Well said, man.

And not to mention Fisher's hard nosed, old school, style flirts the new rules on a weekly basis. I love the old school way of playing, but freak we get murdered with penalties. Why doesn't our POS commissioner step in on THIS??? Refs should be fined for crappy games!!!
Very good point, Fish is getting penalized for his style of play. The NFL is trying to stomp-that-out for the new pitch and catch model. So, coaches are getting the message loud and clear that old-school won't work, because it'll get penalized to death.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We are witnessing the pussification of our beloved game

Enough of this already. The QBs rules are over the top and are in place because the NFL realizes the QB is its most valuable asset and it wants to protect them. However, the issue with the QB Head rule is the refs, not even the rule itself. The rule isn't one I like but the refs bungle it time and time again. It's supposed to be a "forcible" blow to the head. Yet they constantly call grazing blows which are not fouls. The league needs to step up and let them know that.

However, the protection for defenses players and shots to the head is a necessity. It's not pussification. It's needed. I don't know if you played or not, I'll assume you did but football is a violent game without guys trying to use their helmets as a weapon. You don't need to take another guy's head off with your helmet for it to be violent.

It's not like they have changed it to two-hand touch or flag football. They're promoting safety and protecting players which is needed. These guys deserve to have memory past 50 years old.

However, I do think they're not going far enough. They should be putting more money into developing better/safer equipment on top of the rules. The rules seem like a way to claim it for PR and legal purposes but I think they need to go a step further and commit to it fully.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I'll like the rules the first time a RB or WR gets called for lowering the helmet on a hit. The QB rule only applies to certain star QBs.

Athos

Legend
With the way things are going, we're quickly headed to a glorified Arena League.

Next up, every player will wear bright pink flags you have to yank from their pants to signal a "tackle."

In other words, fuck Goodell in his self-righteous prick head.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Enough of this already. The QBs rules are over the top and are in place because the NFL realizes the QB is its most valuable asset and it wants to protect them. However, the issue with the QB Head rule is the refs, not even the rule itself. The rule isn't one I like but the refs bungle it time and time again. It's supposed to be a "forcible" blow to the head. Yet they constantly call grazing blows which are not fouls. The league needs to step up and let them know that.

However, the protection for defenses players and shots to the head is a necessity. It's not pussification. It's needed. I don't know if you played or not, I'll assume you did but football is a violent game without guys trying to use their helmets as a weapon. You don't need to take another guy's head off with your helmet for it to be violent.

It's not like they have changed it to two-hand touch or flag football. They're promoting safety and protecting players which is needed. These guys deserve to have memory past 50 years old.

However, I do think they're not going far enough. They should be putting more money into developing better/safer equipment on top of the rules. The rules seem like a way to claim it for PR and legal purposes but I think they need to go a step further and commit to it fully.
It not the attempts to protect the players that I have a problem with, it's the way the rule book is used to sway games by the refs.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Jrry32 it's not just about the hits to the head its all the new rules that have come a long over the last few years.Grown men getting penalized for calling another man I name or taunting are you kidding me.And nowadays you can't even breathe on a quarterback or wide receiver without getting penalized.or getting flagged for hitting the ball carrier TO hard just unbelievable so yeah I do think the game is being pussified.This is a violent and brutal sport there's no denying or trying to hide that fact.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jrry32 it's not just about the hits to the head its all the new rules that have come a long over the last few years.Grown men getting penalized for calling another man I name or taunting are you kidding me.And nowadays you can't even breathe on a quarterback or wide receiver without getting penalized.or getting flagged for hitting the ball carrier TO hard just unbelievable so yeah I do think the game is being pussified.This is a violent and brutal sport there's no denying or trying to hide that fact.

Public Relations. Nothing to do with pussification.

No such penalty for hitting a ball carrier too hard. Ball carrier have very little protection if they're not "defenseless".

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Public Relations. Nothing to do with pussification.

No such penalty for hitting a ball carrier too hard. Ball carrier have very little protection if they're not "defenseless".
There was a vicious but legal hit that Michael Brockers put on Josh McNown last year and it was called a penalty and if I remember right the ref said he hit him in the chest,it was 1 of the worse calls I have seen