Torry Holt Joins the Enemy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Holt is breaking into coaching at the NFL level, he can't exclude former rivals as an opportunity. I hope he does a good job with fading aging talent (FAIL).

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He just made clear in an interview "I am a Ram".

This may be more about life after the NFL, as in showing what he has as a coach and trying to open up doors that way.

I'm more focused on what the Rams need to do to win.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
You do know he signed with the Patriots in 2010, right? And Bruce played for the '9ers after leaving the Rams?

Warner played with 'Zona, Dickerson went across LA to play for the Raiders, Henry Ellard was a Patriot for a year, Kevin Greene played for the '9ers, SJax played for the Patriots...

Players leave. They go to other teams that you may not like, because opportunities are always limited. I'm sure if the Rams had recruited him as a WRs coach, he'd have jumped at the opportunity, but they didn't.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Getting his foot in the door. If he becomes a kickass WR coach and I am sure he will we can possibly offer him a spot later on. Now he will have a resume. Ohhhh don't forget about Proehl he was the WR coach for the Panthers....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You can't fault him for earning a job. I do wish he wasn't helping our enemy, but still...

@JackDRams

I'll be happy to edit out that 3 word sentence at the beginning of your OP if you would like me to.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can't fault him for earning a job. I do wish he wasn't helping our enemy, but still...

@JackDRams

I'll be happy to edit out that 3 word sentence at the beginning of your OP if you would like me to.

Go for it buddy. I'm just mad. I find it very hard to believe that the cards, are the only team in the NFL that would offer one of the greatest receivers of all time, a coaching job.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Go for it buddy. I'm just mad. I find it very hard to believe that the cards, are the only team in the NFL that would offer one of the greatest receivers of all time, a coaching job.

I'll be happy to just leave it there if it helps you with the anger. I understand. LOL

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

We would of if we didnt get Yarber.

Zodi

Hall of Fame

They might not have been the only team, but maybe the best opportunity. Holt is retired. He obviously loves football, is great at his craft, and wants to pursue a career teaching those in the league what he knows. You can't fault that, no matter what team he's on.

And it's still up to the players he's coaching, you know, to take in his knowledge and translate it to the field.

Bruce to the Whiners and Warner to the Cardinals, as players, are the moves that made me physically ill.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Another thing just came to me about this...

The card players won't be able to concentrate or remember anything Holt tries to teach them anyway. They're going to be way too distracted and horrified by Torry's finger to retain the valuable knowledge he'll be trying to share.

So... it's all good.

Maybe some of the card players even decide to retire early after they see that twisted digit.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Another thing just came to me about this...

The card players won't be able to concentrate or remember anything Holt tries to teach them anyway. They're going to be way too distracted and horrified by Torry's finger to retain the valuable knowledge he'll be trying to share.

So... it's all good.

Maybe some of the card players even decide to retire early after they see that twisted digit.

Torry: this is how you properly catch a pass(shows demonstration).

Next day at practice, all the receivers show up with freshly broken fingers.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
@JackDRams

I don't like censorship and very infrequently use it but your opening sentence was removed by me because we don't do that here when it comes to former Rams greats. Btw I also removed the "chill" because it no longer applies.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a parallel for me, one of my favorite Dodgers of all time was Kirk Gibson after the 1988 HR in the 9th inning, game one. Gibson played for the Tigers before the Dodgers, and then later managed the rival Arizona Diamondbacks....I don't care, because he gave me that memory of an impossible, game winning HR on the biggest stage...hobbling to the plate like an honest to God, Roy Hobbs.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxUc1NkeDjk

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
You do know he signed with the Patriots in 2010, right? And Bruce played for the '9ers after leaving the Rams?

Warner played with 'Zona, Dickerson went across LA to play for the Raiders, Henry Ellard was a Patriot for a year, Kevin Greene played for the '9ers, SJax played for the Patriots...

Players leave. They go to other teams that you may not like, because opportunities are always limited. I'm sure if the Rams had recruited him as a WRs coach, he'd have jumped at the opportunity, but they didn't.

I had forgotten all that and then you had to go remind me. WHY OH WHY THE PATRIOTS AND THE NINERS?!!
what's wrong with the Packers or Atlanta? Go to Tampa for crying out loud.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure if the Rams had recruited him as a WRs coach, he'd have jumped at the opportunity, but they didn't.
Why wouldn't they (have approached him)?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Why wouldn't they (have approached him)?
My assumption would be because McVay targeted and recruited am offensive staff based on familiarity with his system and potential ability to mentor his players regardless of where they played before getting into coaching.