Torry Holt expounds on why he is disappointed in Jared Cook and other "offensive weapons"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Torry seems to beleive our WR just need more time and reps. That would rule out getting another WR which is an idea I can't say I'm comfortable with.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

I dont see them being fired after 2014 unless there is a total failure to improve, regardless of who the Rams draft next year. IMO Stan hired Fisher and Snead with the intention of giving them time to totally turn over the roster and build a contender through the draft. With the RGme trade the Rams are sitting pretty as far as having the picks to get elite talent through the trade, and IMO they have done so and still have 1 more draft to go.

Alan

Legend
I'm not a big fan of their drafts but there is no way they get fired after 2014 regardless of circumstances.
IMO.

5 year plan.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Torry Holt for wr. coach, for me it just boils down to that sort of thing, catch the damned thing no matter what it does to your fingers
The ability is there and it would bring back SOME Martz demand for perfection in route running

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I'm not a big fan of their drafts but there is no way they get fired after 2014 regardless of circumstances.
IMO.

5 year plan.

What you say makes sense, except when was the last time a HC/GM got more than 3 years to have a winning season? I mean, nobody gets 5 years to win.

So far, this is will be 2 years of losing under this regime. I don't see how they can get 2 more seasons of grace period.

They may survive 2014 with another losing season, but they will certainly be on the hot seat in 2015.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
What you say makes sense, except when was the last time a HC/GM got more than 3 years to have a winning season? I mean, nobody gets 5 years to win.

So far, this is will be 2 years of losing under this regime. I don't see how they can get 2 more seasons of grace period.

They may survive 2014 with another losing season, but they will certainly be on the hot seat in 2015.
And max,that is what was, Kroenke is vested in this selection, you/we aren't dealing with a short term planner in Stan,he's vested in the selection he made ,I think we saw what we could do across the last two weeks with KC, no offense intended max cuz from the heart buddy,your a top flight poster, but Stan is a lot more patient than you and INFINITELY more than ALAN AKA (albe the anxious:heh:).

We'll win some more games this year ,and we are already past the three year mark of the previous bunch, I think Fisher gets all five years and I'd almost bet he gets extended next year cuz w're making the playoffs then.

Slappy967

Starter
Holt or Bruce should be on the sideline every week and at practice teaching these guys what it means to be an NFL WR. Clearly they just aren't getting it from the coaches now and it is a problem that is only getting worse.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'm starting to believe that we may really need to replace our WR coach. It seems to me that other teams are able to get more production from rookie/young WRs than we do... again, I want to stress that I said it SEEMS that way to me from a far.

Holt and Bruce are guys I'll always have respect for. They both chipped in for our WR Corp in training camp which had to help, but I don’t know if they are the best options to become our new WR coach or not. I do think we are lacking in our coaching of the receivers though, and it's something that has been bothering me in the back of my mind since the pre - season game vs Cleveland (when Kosar said our WR coach sucked during the telecast).

At the very least... Givens and company need to be spending an additional 2 hours a day on the jugs machine. Starting yesterday.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
At the very least... Givens and company need to be spending an additional 2 hours a day on the jugs machine. Starting yesterday.

Damn man, going back to like that Dallas game. They should have a JUGS machine in every hallway in the building! On your way to a meeting? Watch out for flying balls...
I know there's adjustments with being rookies and then a new QB and blah, blah, blah. Something's gotta give.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I think Fish will lay down the law to the receivers to put up or be on the outside looking in! Same goes for the db's. And thei coaches!
Pat Tillie,just sayin
He was special in that area! Gave it up to make the catch!

nighttrain

Legend
Torry seems to beleive our WR just need more time and reps. That would rule out getting another WR which is an idea I can't say I'm comfortable with.
Fisher should hire Holt, teach what he did and our receivers would be a whole better. What Sherman is doing leaves me cold. And hate our DB's playing off the receiver, two things that have to change
train

A55VA6

Legend
Fisher should hire Holt, teach what he did and our receivers would be a whole better. What Sherman is doing leaves me cold. And hate our DB's playing off the receiver, two things that have to change
train
I would love Torry to be a coach for us. But I remember an interview where he said maybe in the future. Definitely not right now.

And yeah the DB's playing off the WR's frustrates me so bad. haha.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Great players who worked hard all their lives to perfect their craft often times turn out to be really good coaches if they have that desire. I would be all for having Holt/Bruce coaching our young WR's. Not to mention I'd just love to see them guys smiling on the field like the old days. That greatness is contagious...

lasvegasrams

Rookie
Torry Holt, the man that is respectable that I even forgave him for going to New England that one season.