Torry Holt Expects the Rams Defense to Be Top 5

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Torry Holt joined Kevin Wheeler to talk about the excitement of this preseason, why he’s never seen Fisher have this much excitement about an O-Line, Nick Foles, the WR core, and a Top 5 Defense?

Listen to Holt Talk Rams

jjab360

Legend
It's a completely rational opinion given the talent, the coaches' history, the continuity, and the way they ended last season.

We've been burned by the hype train way too many times recently though, I'm in wait and see mode.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That was a great listen. I love Torry. He's really high on this team.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams defense is getting a little press before preseason starts. I do not know why I dislike that. I know I like reading about my team. It made me want to ask the question though. Would you rather nobody talked about the Rams defense and they ended up being in the top five, or do you want the press to keep saying the Rams are there, and they end up in the top five after the regular season?

I like flying under the radar. Maybe that is because I will not be disappointed, or that is more my personality, but the recognition is nice from a fan point of view. I want fear, not recognition.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Rams defense is getting a little press before preseason starts. I do not know why I dislike that. I know I like reading about my team. It made me want to ask the question though. Would you rather nobody talked about the Rams defense and they ended up being in the top five, or do you want the press to keep saying the Rams are there, and they end up in the top five after the regular season?

I like flying under the radar. Maybe that is because I will not be disappointed, or that is more my personality, but the recognition is nice from a fan point of view. I want fear, not recognition.

Having some expectations and holding yourself to that level isn't a bad thing either. The coaches will craft that message.

The Pats have had to do that for years.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
We have 5 first round draft picks on our D-line - expectations should be high for our defense. I want us to straight murda some teams this year.
Start with game 1 and set the tone!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lets look at the draft slots of our front 7 with Ayers since most reports have him taking first team reps:

Quinn pick #14
Donald #13
Brockers #14
Long #2

Ayers #39
Laurinaitis #35
Ogletree #30

Expectations should be high except for those slackers taken in the 30's :D

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
It's a completely rational opinion given the talent, the coaches' history, the continuity, and the way they ended last season.

We've been burned by the hype train way too many times recently though, I'm in wait and see mode.
I think after all the hype going into last year our D is not going to mess around they will be on a mission.And when the smoke clears and the bodies are removed from the field our D will be standing at #1.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think hype or no hype matters little to the Rams opponents in 2015. Just as teams care little for Kipers Big Board or Maycocks Top 5 when picking for the NFL Draft, they have their own board informed by their own sources and they stick to that. Whether MMQB states the Rams D will be the best, the Seattle Seahawks will watch film of the Rams D and plan accordingly. I like that I am not seeing the pie throwing foolishness from a couple of years ago, because I think that group believed they had "arrived". This group seems hungry. Brockers is in better shape this year. Alec Ogletree arrived in shape (unlike last year). Aaron Donald starts game One. This Defense is GOING TO BE GOOD..and maybe great.