Tornado hit close to home tonight

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Just thought I'd share this with you all!

I live in Northern Illinois and tonight while I was eating dinner, the tornado sirens started going off. The news said it was headed towards Rochelle, which is maybe a 20 minute drive from me, but thankfully it stayed south of where I live. Right now they're saying 1 person is dead, 7 injured, and a lot of homes and some businesses were destroyed.

Here's a couple videos I found of it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7BL8fFNmds

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=didkQXhjeVQ

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Glad to hear that you're safe. Tornadoes are no joke.

Definitely keeping the people affected in my heart.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Guy I work with in Downtown Chicago has family in Rochelle. He's going to clean up early tomorrow morning.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Whoa. Scary deal.

Glad you are safe (y)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Holy shit yo. Being in tornado alley myself, they really are beautiful but scary. There was one about a block from my house a few years ago. Tore the roof off the grocery store there. Glad you are safe.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Glad your safe and sound. That must be a scary feeling when you hear those sirens go off.

First time I heard one of those tornado sirens I was in Mitchell Nebraska visiting my grand parents and I thought world war III had started. Luckily it was only a test run of the system.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys!

Normally I just blow off the tornado watches and warnings around here because we get them so damn much but nothing ever happens, so I was pretty surprised when I could actually see the funnel cloud from my house and then hearing about the damage it caused.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
glad to hear you're safe and well. my only experience with a tornado was the F-4 in Albion Pa in 1985. it did major damage to that town , and at the time I lived 25 miles away (to the north in Erie) and while it was on the ground it rained so hard where I lived, i couldnt see outside my front door. I cant imagine what those people went through in Albion that day.