Top Ten All Time Rams DEFENSIVE ENDS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Former Ram Lineman Was the Best Actor?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Well here we go with the Defensive Ends Possibly the deepest position in our rich history. I actually had to make a list of 25! Just to include guys that should be mentioned, rather than an Honorable mention list longer than your sleeve. -And that is considering Kevin Greene and Leonard Little Linebackers.

*Disclaimer: I actually worked up a hastily made DE list the other day, due to some pressure and intimidating threats from Dave'51. Ok, really just some mild encouragement. But whatever! I choked. I...made a bad list. No. A REALLY BAD LIST.

Please don't go to the Top Ten Punters thread on page 2 and scroll down to see that list! No don't. :sneaky: :coach:Thanks Dave!

So here is the better list, hopefully. 27 Total ProBowls between these guys! Noted in parenthesis.

Top 25 All Time Rams DEFENSIVE ENDS:
  1. David Deacon Jones (7):boxing:
  2. :yess:Jack Youngblood (7):yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:
  3. Andy Robustelli (2)
  4. Lamar Lundy (1)
  5. Robert Quinn (2)
  6. Fred Dryer (1)
  7. Kevin Carter (1)
  8. Grant Wistrom
  9. Chris Long
  10. Coy Bacon (1) :homer: "Bacon?"
  11. Cody Jones (1)
  12. Larry Brink (2)
  13. Paul Miller (2)
  14. Rosy Grier
  15. Reggie Doss
  16. William Hayes
  17. Gary Jeter
  18. Fred Stokes
  19. Doug Reed
  20. Eugene Sims
  21. James Hall
  22. Leslie Oneal
  23. Jay Williams
  24. Robert Young
  25. Gerald Robinson
Honorable mention: Brian Young, Tyoka Jackson, Tony Hargrove

There you have it! Thoughts? Observations? Corrections? Love learning from you guys.

Next up: DEFENSIVE TACKLES :cheers:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Well here we go with the Defensive Ends Possibly the deepest position in our rich history. I actually had to make a list of 25! Just to include guys that should be mentioned, rather than an Honorable mention list longer than your sleeve. -And that is considering Kevin Greene and Leonard Little Linebackers.

*Disclaimer: I actually worked up a hastily made DE list the other day, due to some pressure and intimidating threats from Dave'51. Ok, really just some mild encouragement. But whatever! I choked. I...made a bad list. No. A REALLY BAD LIST.

Please don't go to the Top Ten Punters thread on page 2 and scroll down to see that list! No don't. :sneaky: :coach:Thanks Dave!

So here is the better list, hopefully. 27 Total ProBowls between these guys! Noted in parenthesis.

Top 25 All Time Rams DEFENSIVE ENDS:
  1. David Deacon Jones (7):boxing:
  2. :yess:Jack Youngblood (7):yess::yess::yess::yess::yess::yess:
  3. Andy Robustelli (2)
  4. Lamar Lundy (1)
  5. Robert Quinn (2)
  6. Fred Dryer (1)
  7. Kevin Carter (1)
  8. Grant Wistrom
  9. Chris Long
  10. Coy Bacon (1) :homer: "Bacon?"
  11. Cody Jones (1)
  12. Larry Brink (2)
  13. Paul Miller (2)
  14. Rosy Grier
  15. Reggie Doss
  16. William Hayes
  17. Gary Jeter
  18. Fred Stokes
  19. Doug Reed
  20. Eugene Sims
  21. James Hall
  22. Leslie Oneal
  23. Jay Williams
  24. Robert Young
  25. Gerald Robinson
Honorable mention: Brian Young, Tyoka Jackson, Tony Hargrove

There you have it! Thoughts? Observations? Corrections? Love learning from you guys.

Next up: DEFENSIVE TACKLES :cheers:
I understand, Kevin Greene, Played Most of the time at Left or outside LB, But he also played DE! And Leonard Little defiately should have made the list at DE! JMHO
And Rosy Grier Played almost exclusively at DT!
Also in your best actor poll, Woody Stroad (sp?) should have been included!!
Great List though!!! Memories!!!!!

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand, Kevin Greene, Played Most of the time at Left or outside LB, But he also played DE! And Leonard Little defiately should have made the list at DE! JMHO

So... This was pretty much jacked up, like my other list?:sneaky:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John

Woody Strode, AKA "Black Jesus" was an offensive player, and clearly not eligible for this poll, according to the rules, regulations and by-laws.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I'd put O'Neal and Reed above Stokes. I'd also put Leonard Little in the top 15 since he played the position the latter part of his career at a high level. Other than that good list!

On the Kevin Greene mention, he subbed at DE in his 1st year or 2. When they started him at LOLB is where he made his impact. Then when they tried to play him back at DE in around '91 he was largely ineffective. So keeping him off the list is correct.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Little came into the league listed as a LB.i don't remember him playing LB at all for the Rams.

I think your right. I should have relied more on my memory of how he lined up. And less on this web site I use. I thought maybe they had a 3-4 setup a few years and he was an Aldon Smith type? Am I high?

Also, in a list coming up they list Craig Dahl as a STRONG Safety. How do suppose I should handle that?:rolllaugh:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Little came into the league listed as a LB.i don't remember him playing LB at all for the Rams.

Look. You may have learned a lot about Little. And I may have learned little of Little. But, lacking Little learning, I've learned a lot from your lot of Leonard Little learning. :unsure:

Capiche?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yeah, Leonard Little was very very good. He should be on the list. He was probably better than Winstrom, and certainly was as a pass rusher.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'd put O'Neal and Reed above Stokes. I'd also put Leonard Little in the top 15 since he played the position the latter part of his career at a high level. Other than that good list!

On the Kevin Greene mention, he subbed at DE in his 1st year or 2. When they started him at LOLB is where he made his impact. Then when they tried to play him back at DE in around '91 he was largely ineffective. So keeping him off the list is correct.

Yeah, I recognize O'Neal had a borderline Hall of Fame Career, but just 2 of his later years with us. If I could have based all these guys on their careers, guys like Coy Bacon, :homercrawl:"bacon?", O'Neal, and Gary Jeter would be higher up the list.

I wish I could go back and list Little on DE. I trusted the OLB designation on the Site I use. I probably would have had him at 9, after Wistrom, and before Long. Little did have one Pro Bowl.

diggity

Rookie
I was a HUGE Fred Dryer Fan. Under rated for sure, but he was a fantastic book end to Youngblood.
As far as ALL TIME RAMS DE...there's two.
The Deacon for his time, and Youngblood for his time. I don't see any problem with a tie at the position! ;)
But...I'm close to putting Dryer right up there with both of them.
GO RAMS!!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was a HUGE Fred Dryer Fan. Under rated for sure, but he was a fantastic book end to Youngblood.
As far as ALL TIME RAMS DE...there's two.
The Deacon for his time, and Youngblood for his time. I don't see any problem with a tie at the position! ;)
But...I'm close to putting Dryer right up there with both of them.
GO RAMS!!!!
I agree..for their respective times....Deacon changed the game. Youngblood was one of the toughest suckers I ever saw play! (see broken leg in Super Bowl, vs those that whine about a sore hammy!..lol)

As for DT, Olsen might be the best of all time, but then Donald could change my mind about that!