Top TE possible target?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
Ryan
This is my first post so don't bash me too hard.

I've been reading a lot of posts about Watkins, Evans and the other top recievers. A thought that comes to mind a lot for me is that we address OL with the earlier pick, trading down or staying put, then with the later pick consider a playmaking TE to pair with cook. That would address our need for having a larger target and also keeps us very dangerous on bigger packages. I would consider Ebron at 13, which maybe BPA, and in a trade down would consider amaro (great size 6'5 260 and hands), and Austin safarian-Jenkins in round 2(6'6 265) if available. They are all more receiver oriented than blocking but ASJ and Amaro both have great potential with their size to deveople alright. Just kept thinking of a need of a bigger reciever and this is where I ended up haha.

Just like to get everyone's thoughts

jjab360

Legend
Why? We already have Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, and Cory Harkey. No superstars, but they each have different talents and all in all a very athletic, diverse group of playmakers. I don't see the need to go TE, especially not so early.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Welcome aboard.

I think with the group of TEs already on the roster that is one position we are set at.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I wouldn't mind taking a flier on a guy later in the draft. I think Lance is gone next year, and though I like the guy, I don't see the need to bring him back.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
All positional leaders in the draft are tempting but I think the Rams pass on TE this year.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
This is my first post so don't bash me too hard.

I've been reading a lot of posts about Watkins, Evans and the other top recievers. A thought that comes to mind a lot for me is that we address OL with the earlier pick, trading down or staying put, then with the later pick consider a playmaking TE to pair with cook. That would address our need for having a larger target and also keeps us very dangerous on bigger packages. I would consider Ebron at 13, which maybe BPA, and in a trade down would consider amaro (great size 6'5 260 and hands), and Austin safarian-Jenkins in round 2(6'6 265) if available. They are all more receiver oriented than blocking but ASJ and Amaro both have great potential with their size to deveople alright. Just kept thinking of a need of a bigger reciever and this is where I ended up haha.

Just like to get everyone's thoughts

Welcome aboard!

I would not mind taking a shot at someone in say the 4th or 5th round. Just not in the high rounds at TE.
I think for now anyway, we're pretty set there.

Name
Ryan
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the welcoming!

My thoughts were losing kendricks probably after this year but you all make very good points. Thanks for the comments!

Name
Ryan
Why? We already have Jared Cook, Lance Kendricks, and Cory Harkey. No superstars, but they each have different talents and all in all a very athletic, diverse group of playmakers. I don't see the need to go TE, especially not so early.

I feel the same can be said for wr, but I understand where you're coming from.

jjab360

Legend
I feel the same can be said for wr, but I understand where you're coming from.
For the record, I don't think WR is as much of a need as some people believe. Tavon and Bailey are definitely NFL receivers, IMO, Pettis is a reliable target, and Givens still has a ton of potential despite a disappointing year. You could say that a true no.1 receiver could pull it all together, but if there's better value at another position I'm not too worried about our WRs.

Name
Ryan
For the record, I don't think WR is as much of a need as some people believe. Tavon and Bailey are definitely NFL receivers, IMO, Pettis is a reliable target, and Givens still has a ton of potential despite a disappointing year. You could say that a true no.1 receiver could pull it all together, but if there's better value at another position I'm not too worried about our WRs.

Completely agree. That's what brought me to thinking about the TEs. Thanks for your input.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Completely agree. That's what brought me to thinking about the TEs. Thanks for your input.
Welcome aboard man. I haven't really spent any time looking at the TEs available. There are some guys on here that no doubt have a fair amount of info on them.

We have an introduction thread on here. Throw a post up on there letting us know who you are.

Cheers.

Name
Ryan
Welcome aboard man. I haven't really spent any time looking at the TEs available. There are some guys on here that no doubt have a fair amount of info on them.

We have an introduction thread on here. Throw a post up on there letting us know who you are.

Cheers.
I'll do that. Thanks.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Cook, Kendricks, and Harkey...

It's probably one of the strongest on the team.

Welcome!

A55VA6

Legend
We don't need a TE in any way imo. Cook, Kendricks, and Harkey are awesome. We still have McNeill as well but i think he's strictly special teams at this point.