top sparq olinemen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
ol_sparq_aboveaverage.png

Anyone know anything about Jesse Somsel from Saginaw Valley state? He has good measurements and a good Sparq score. But what is so impressive is his bench press reps. To find him go to the BP column and follow down until you see (46)

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Maybe it is just me, but doesn't that seem very odd that there are two guys with that name and both were good enough in college football to be considered NFL prospets?

It seems odd to that there are actually 2 sets of parents who thought it was a good idea to name their kid Tebucky lol. Unless its his kid, he must be in his 40's so it's possible.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Boudreau did go down to Flordia to give him a private workout. If we did trade down and draft Humphries I could see them moving Robinson to the right side. If Boudreau is ok with it I'm ok with it. I was thinkning the same thing about most LEs are gonna be between 260 and 280 and a lot of them are speed rushers. Humphries has the best feet in this draft and would be well equiped to handle these guys even hovering around 300lbs.

I see only two ways that the Rams would get a chance @ drafting DJ. #1- is to trade back down in the first round for additional picks & #2- if DJ falls out of the first round & the Rams make the move up above #41 in the second to get DJ.

My thoughts were a little bit different than yours here. If & its big if DJ was being looked at all it was with the thoughts that it would be a great benefit for GR to move back inside @ OLG where he was worked primarily in TC & preseason.

Fisher has already proclaimed that GR was his a Rams fixture @ OLT post but as we know Fisher will.....change his mind from time to time. The fact that Boudreau did go down to Gainesville to work out DJ says something....cuz DJ is NOT a bona fide Right OT candidate for this Boudreau Ram OL. As I said DJ is strictly OLT material. I do not see GR moving to the ORT myself, GR is strictly left side OL'er.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I see only two ways that the Rams would get a chance @ drafting DJ. #1- is to trade back down in the first round for additional picks & #2- if DJ falls out of the first round & the Rams make the move up above #41 in the second to get DJ.

My thoughts were a little bit different than yours here. If & its big if DJ was being looked at all it was with the thoughts that it would be a great benefit for GR to move back inside @ OLG where he was worked primarily in TC & preseason.

Fisher has already proclaimed that GR was his a Rams fixture @ OLT post but as we know Fisher will.....change his mind from time to time. The fact that Boudreau did go down to Gainesville to work out DJ says something....cuz DJ is NOT a bona fide Right OT candidate for this Boudreau Ram OL. As I said DJ is strictly OLT material. I do not see GR moving to the ORT myself, GR is strictly left side OL'er.

And these are the things that make this so interesting.

thehammer

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Didn't realize Scherff was that athletic. What about the center from Harvard. Any potential there? Has good size for a center and is crazy athletic. Have to confess I know nothing about him.

1st noticed him when his name was on the senior bowl watch list early last fall...a d3 player being considered for the senior bowl caught my eye...only Hobart games I could find was some grainy highlights....serious hand punch dominated vs inferior athletes..think his agent has found some better quality games to watch,.

kid oozes smarts. talent and the right amount cockiness/maturity to become a solid starter. only real question is how long? Way behind other D1 players in expeience playing against top D players and technique

Stel

Starter
kid oozes smarts. talent and the right amount cockiness/maturity to become a solid starter. only real question is how long? Way behind other D1 players in expeience playing against top D players and technique

Read an interesting article about the kid in the Harvard magazine/paper. Took a year off to rebuild himself to compete and came back for his junior year as a new man. Sounds like a good, smart kid with drive and determination to succeed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Interesting. Does Humphries have trouble keeping weight on? And does Collins have trouble keeping weight off?

I really wish that the Donovan Smith that has shown up this offseason was the same guy that played at PSU all of those years.
Humps weight was on his belly, not muscle. He really needs to add some lean muscle, and I don't think he's ready to play , especially at that weight. I too think he's a OLT prospect only. Collins seems to get forgotten, he's a pretty solid player, might be able to play 4 positions.