Top 6 storylines for the Bills-Rams this week (buffalobills.com)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/ar...his-week/67c173b3-3ab1-41d5-b5d2-3d4b4920bfd7

It’s the Bills first trip to Los Angeles in 24 years. And they’re trying to build up a head of steam as they head west to play their second NFC West opponent in a three-week span. Here are six storylines to follow as the Bills get set to play the Los Angeles Rams.

1. MARCELL DAREUS BACK IN THE LINEUP

The Bills get their two-time Pro Bowl defensive tackleMarcell Dareus back in the lineup this week after he served a four-game suspension. And Dareus will be called upon to contribute to the Bills defensive resurgence this week in LA.

“I expect him to play,” head coach Rex Ryan said Monday, despite Dareus’ four weeks on the sideline. “What capacity—how much he plays, I’m not sure. He is definitely going to play.”

Look for Dareus to work right into a regular spot in the Bills robust defensive line rotation especially on first and second downs. He’ll allow Corbin Bryant to play more of his normal position as a DT, while Dareus takes over the nose tackle chores.

2. HOW TO HANDLE “THE DONALD”

The Rams have a superstar defensive tackle of their own, third-year player Aaron Donald. He was the Rams first-round pick in 2014, and he was the NFC Defensive Rookie of the Year. Donald has gone to the Pro Bowl in each of his first two seasons.

After four games, the analytics website Pro Football Focus says Aaron Donald is the best player in the league.

”Last season was no fluke,” PFF’s Sam Monson writes, “and Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald is once again the best player in all of football.”

3. A RARE VISIT TO LA-LA LAND

The Bills franchise played in Los Angeles in their first season (1960), but they haven’t played there often.

In 1960, the Bills beat the Los Angeles Chargers 32-3 in the LA Coliseum in the first year of the American Football League. They’ve won four of the six games they’ve played over the years in the venerable stadium including a 2-0 record against the Rams, and a 1-2 record against the Raiders.

Buffalo’s last visit to the Coliseum was in 1992 against the Raiders. Of course the Bills lost Super Bowl XXVII across town in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena in January 1993.

4. FIGHT ON! FORMER TROJANS

The Bills may not have played in the Coliseum lately, but they’ve got several players on the roster who should feel right at home. WR Robert Woods grew up in Gardena, 11 miles from the stadium. CB Kevon Seymour is a native of Pasadena, 14 miles from the venue. And both played their college home games at the LA Coliseum.

RB Reggie Bush and CB Nickell Robey-Coleman also had standout college careers on the field with the USC Trojans.

And Bills defensive backs coach Tim McDonald was one of the most decorated USC Trojans of all time. McDonald, whose son T.J. plays for the Rams, was one of the all-time great defensive backs in school history. He’s one of only six safeties all time to be named to the Walter Camp All-Century team for his career at USC.

5. HOW MUCH DOES JUSTIN HUNTER HAVE TO OFFER THE BILLS

He was just signed to the roster last Friday, so Justin Hunter was inactive for the Bills game at New England last Sunday. But with Sammy Watkins out and Greg Salas struggling to return to the lineup, the Bills are probably eager to see what the former second-round pick can do for them.

Rex Ryan thinks Hunter’s size (6-4, 203 lbs.) makes him an intriguing target in the red zone.

“I hope he can help us,” Ryan said this week. “I’d like to get that big body on the field with that kind of size and speed he has. I think that can really help us, particularly in the red zone.”

6. STACKING UP THE WINS

You have to go back five years to find the last time the Bills managed to win three games in a row. They started the 2011 campaign by winning their first three games. They’ve got a chance this week to win three in a row, and put their record above the .500 mark for the first time since midseason last year, when they were 5-4.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
5 years since they've won 3 in a row?!?! Holy shit, they are worse than us! We have to win this game otherwise we deserve no respect from the rest of the league as a serious contender.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Hasn't dareus only played in a 4-3? Not sure In college but int nfl I think only a 4-3 and now the bills use a 3-4 this year which he hasn't been part of before. He is an elite DT so think he will cause some shit, was just wondering since I'm to lazy to look up.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And Bills defensive backs coach Tim McDonald was one of the most decorated USC Trojans of all time. McDonald, whose son T.J. plays for the Rams, was one of the all-time great defensive backs in school history. He’s one of only six safeties all time to be named to the Walter Camp All-Century team for his career at USC.
I didn't know Tim McDonald was now Coaching for Buffalo! This is a BIG story Line! Father against Son! WOW!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Tim Barnes is going to have his hands full. People have been ragging on GRob, but Barnes has been getting manhandled.