Top 5 Rams of all time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't disagree...
1. Merlin Olsen
2. Deacon Jones
3. Jackie Slater
4. Orlando Pace
5. Isaac Bruce

Pretty good list when also considering longetivity......We have too many Hall of Fame players to squeeze into just 5 spots!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Not a bad list.

Ike should make the HOF, he really should.

tempests

Hall of Fame
I guess ED 29 and MF 28 are hurt by playing half their careers elsewhere but a top 5 list seems incomplete without one of them.

1.Deacon
2. Merlin
3. Orlando
4. J Youngblood
5. Marshall

Last edited:

PARAM

Hall of Fame
If it HAS to be 5?
  1. Deacon
  2. Merlin
  3. Jack
  4. Jackie
  5. Marshall

Yes, somebody said "I can't argue with that list" and in reality, we can't. Olsen, Deacon, Slater, Pace and Ike. Tough to campaign for any of them to be removed. But we almost have to argue don't we? What top 5 list could exclude Eric Dickerson, the single season rushing leader, the rookie rushing leader and Marshall Faulk the most ultimate weapon the NFL has ever seen? You could take Warner off that squad....and I hate to say it but Ike too and they'd still be pretty formidable. But you take Marshall off and there's a huge drop IMHO. How about Jack Youngblood (as I see you included Roman Snow). How about Tom Mack? Never missed an NFL game for the Rams. We could go on and on. It's one of the reasons I despise "Top 5 this" or "Top 10 that". Hey, fortunately the Rams have had enough great players to make any of those lists debatable!!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Faulk was the best player in the NFL for 3 years with the Rams. An amazing 3 seasons!

But I can't see that trumping Bruce's 9 really good years with the team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like the list and if Dickerson had stayed, he would be on it, but I concur with @Roman Snow

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the list and if Dickerson had stayed, he would be on it, but I concur with @Roman Snow

Marshall, Marshall, Marshall.
I understand your love for Marshall, and I do too...But I'd put Jack Youngblood in before Marshall....longetivity and absolutely great HOFer. Marshall was great for the Rams, but he was also great for the Colts...

View: http://imgur.com/9uTji2A

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I understand your love for Marshall, and I do too...But I'd put Jack Youngblood in before Marshall....longetivity and absolutely great HOFer. Marshall was great for the Rams, but he was also great for the Colts...

View: http://imgur.com/9uTji2A

Can't disagree, but that's three defensive linemen and two offensive linemen, guess the Rams have a great history in the trenches, but not so good at QB excluding that guy from Northern Iowa who was sent by God.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Love the List! Can't disagree at all! Especially after he explained why, Marshall Faulk, Eric Dickerson, and Jack Youngblood where not on the List!!
I personally would have put Deacon Jones ahead of Merlin Olsen. But that's ONLY!! because of my Documented Personal Bias in Favor of Deacon!!:D:D ( for those who may not know, He was a Personal Friend!!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Yes, somebody said "I can't argue with that list" and in reality, we can't. Olsen, Deacon, Slater, Pace and Ike. Tough to campaign for any of them to be removed. But we almost have to argue don't we? What top 5 list could exclude Eric Dickerson, the single season rushing leader, the rookie rushing leader and Marshall Faulk the most ultimate weapon the NFL has ever seen? You could take Warner off that squad....and I hate to say it but Ike too and they'd still be pretty formidable. But you take Marshall off and there's a huge drop IMHO. How about Jack Youngblood (as I see you included Roman Snow). How about Tom Mack? Never missed an NFL game for the Rams. We could go on and on. It's one of the reasons I despise "Top 5 this" or "Top 10 that". Hey, fortunately the Rams have had enough great players to make any of those lists debatable!!!!
Yeah. Top 5 was cruel. Thanks @X ! I would add:
6. Mack
7. Bruce
8. Warner
9. Dickerson
10. Pace

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Who finished #1?
merlin.JPG

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Loved to see Bruce get in there at #5. I was pleasantly surprised.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, not having Mack or Youngblood in the top 5 was tough, but dang. We've been treated to an embarrassment of riches.