Top 5 Questions for 2023 Offseason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Here are the things I want to know...

1. McVay to stay?

Sean McVay has created this issue with deliberately cryptic remarks about his future. This has led to an avalanche of speculation and discussion of contingency plans. All of this could be over in a few days, as McVay may, after catching his breath, recommit to the team. If not, his departure would be a very significant story, as would the decision on what the team would do next for leadership. So, this one is either a tempest in a teapot or the story of the offseason. Stay tuned!

2. Who else will be back?

Matthew Stafford, by all indications, is a lock to return. Aaron Donald, I suspect, will not wish to end his historic career on the sideline (nor will he wish to leave a huge payday on the table), so I expect him back as well. Others are question marks. On the free agent front, guys like Greg Gaines, A'Shawn Robinson, Matt Gay, Nick Scott, Taylor Rapp and, of course, Baker Mayfield are potential departures. I also would not be shocked to see the Rams willing to move (more likely by trade, but perhaps by release) guys like Tyler Higbee, Allen Robinson, and maybe even Leonard Floyd (though his strong finish makes me doubt it). The only thing certain in this game is change.

3. New (or Returning) Veteran Faces?

Will the Rams be buyers in the FA or trade market? I've already predicted that the Rams/OBJ story might not be over. I also would not rule out a Brandin Cooks reunion. One thing is certain... much like the Yankees and Red Sox in baseball or the Lakers or Heat in basketball... when there is a veteran looking to move, the Rams are always in the discussion.

4. A significant rookie class?

The Rams will have more high-end draft capital than they've had in a while (assuming they keep their picks), as they hold the 37th and 69th selections in the draft. Whether they pick at those spots, or move around within day 2 of the draft, the Rams should be in a position to acquire at least two potential starters. Hit on the right guys, and the road back to contention could be a lot smoother.

5. Reverse F them Picks?

Would the Rams consider trading a major asset (we've talked a bit about Jalen Ramsey) to acquire more draft capital? I'd put that on the "unlikely" list, but you never know.

A lot to watch for in the coming months!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
One thing is absolutely certain - this offseason will not be boring.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
After a disastrous season, how can McVay even think of abandoning the Rams? He just got a big bonus and an extension to 2026. So things go wrong, now you want to leave the team?

I just lost a lot of respect for the man for even thinking about leaving. After all that "Run it back" crap before the season.

George Halas said it best, "Its not how you handle winning, It's how you handle losing".

So it doesn't look so good getting this team back to the playoffs, I gotta go. Loser
Ryan Reynolds Loser GIF by The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I don't think he is leaving. However, if he does, that is a big ding on his legacy as a Rams headcoach. To just leave when the going gets tough.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
After a disastrous season, how can McVay even think of abandoning the Rams? He just got a big bonus and an extension to 2026. So things go wrong, now you want to leave the team?

I just lost a lot of respect for the man for even thinking about leaving. After all that "Run it back" crap before the season.

George Halas said it best, "Its not how you handle winning, It's how you handle losing".

So it doesn't look so good getting this team back to the playoffs, I gotta go. Loser.
If he leaves, I get why you’d feel that way.

If he flirts with leaving, but stays, I suspect that some will react to any failure next year by asserting that McVay is not fully invested.

I’m going to trust that if he stays, he’s all in, until proven otherwise.