Top 10 vets vs. rookie competitions: Zac Stacy vs. Tre Mason

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm OK with the RB by Committee thing. It's not like someone is going to be taking touches away from Faulk right?

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
They didn't throw a 3rd away on a part time back. Unless Mason goes the Pead route he's soon to get a shot as the feature back. If Mason can transfer his success from the college field to the NFL like Stacey did he will be hard to sit on the bench.

Ram4life11

Rookie
They didn't throw a 3rd away on a part time back. Unless Mason goes the Pead route he's soon to get a shot as the feature back. If Mason can transfer his success from the college field to the NFL like Stacey did he will be hard to sit on the bench.
Yeah true, I don't really see him rooting on the bench... But I don't see him as our starter either... Being drafted in the 3rd round normally doesn't equal out to a starter that equals a secure spot on the team, with a opportunity to fight for reps at your position and ST

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Yeah true, I don't really see him rooting on the bench... But I don't see him as our starter either... Being drafted in the 3rd round normally doesn't equal out to a starter that equals a secure spot on the team, with a opportunity to fight for reps at your position and ST
Stacey was a 5th.

jap

Legend
yes Pead is the fastest running back even with richardson. then it would Probably be Cunningham if he regained all his speed that he had befor injury. Cunningham is probably faster then Mason

I don't see why you bothered to quote me. I responded to the statement that Isaiah was "by far the fastest RB on the team". Isaiah is faster than DRich, but the difference in speed is in hundredths of a second, which does not translate as "by far the fastest RB on the team". The original statement was overly dramatic as though there was a great gap between the two fastest Horns RBs, which is why I sought to correct it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Mason does something the other RB's had issues with last season, he converts on short yardage. Third and 1, Third and two, Mason falls forward all of the time. IMO it will be a nice foursome with Pead being the 3rd down back because of his ability to catch the football and pass protect.

Stacy had durablity issues and Mason does bring quite a bit to the table. Rams drafted Mason when they could have gone WR so we're all hoping he's special and IMO barring injury the RB's are now one of the strengths of this team.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, that's going on over at Rams Talk, and Gilbert has already won the job

And please leave Garrett Gilbert alone...Great kid, good athlete and will be an excellent number 3 QB this season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Gilbert could be a good sleeper - time will tell.

As to the RB situation, I agree with Les here. A committee approach wouldn't break my heart at all. There will still likely be a feature back out of the four but I'm thinking a third round pick is not overly rich for a part time back if that back is no real drop off from Stacy. I am also a big Benny fan and really hope he builds off last season. That kid is strong and fast and could be that bruiser you bring in to finish games if nothing else. I think Stacy showed that he can get nicked up pretty regularly. I see no reason you couldn't put Stacy in for a couple series, then Benny or Tre for the next or simply rotate them just like you do the D-line. Then Pead comes in on third downs and even goal line situations. Pead is a good blocker and is good at disguising the leak out. Line up Harkey and Pead can chip and leak out into the end zone for the TD.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
You are kidding right?

Right?
sarcasm.png