Tooth Pain

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am in a spot, and God it hurts....I've a back tooth that needs to be pulled, and of course there are no dentists open at 3:30pm on a Friday. Not even an emergency type dentist. I got a hold of one place 130 miles away, and they said I'd first have to have an appointment/exam which Monday would be the earliest available time????? Meanwhile, I have to survive the weekend...

I've tried:
1. Orajel
2. Coconut oil
3. Peroxide
4. salt water

Wife has some oxycotin which I have taken. The tooth is eaten away at the gum line and i have even thought of trying to pull it out myself, but am afraid of breaking it off and be in worse condition than i am right now. Any ideas on how to reduce the pain? I have some rye whiskey, but I better not use that with the oxy..;)

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can go to urgent care and see a doctor. They will examine you and prescribe antibiotics for the infection and a pain killer. With it down to the gum line you are looking at oral surgery. Nothing to pull. I would have thought the oxy would have taken the edge off. Good luck.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If there is an infection and you try to pull it, it could kill you.
DONT DO THAT.

Aspirin is still a decent pain killer. It works better than Tylenol and Motrin in some cases.
I would try it if you cant get anything stronger.

I feel for you loyal. A tooth ache can be absolutely excruciating.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
GUEST_356a35ac-122c-4a3d-93a6-2da176c8ca86

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Been through it

Nothing worse than abcessed tooth.

Probably infected and if you had some old antibiotics laying around; double dose the first dosage and it will take it down.

I was always prescribed Hydrocodone after oral surgery or an extraction.

Seems like an urgent care doc-in-a-box could help you.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have to call precisely at 8:30 am to be considered an "emergency" case and will be seen. From the way the instructions were given, it makes me think I won't be the only one, and only one will be seen! I just popped two hydrocodone...Man, I'm miserable..

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I was there last year. Similar situation. But the tooth was in decent shape. Haven't had a toothache like that in years . My dentist at first thought it was just an aggravated nerve and kept trimming my tooth so it did not bang the bottom one. Then over the holiday it took off. Couldn't get in and called him. I was alternating tylenol and ibuprofen. Took the max. Helped maybe a little. Not much. He also prescribed antibiotics. Pain didn't really go away until I had a root canal. It's a horrible situation.