Too early to...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
start a Gameday Thread for Minnesota?

I know most of our heads are still spinning from the Bradford drama, but excuse me if I've been thinking of this game since APRIL (I'm also attending)!

Just a few general thoughts. I think defensively first and foremost we need to limit AP. Our D is light years ahead of the 2012 D, talent-wise and experience-wise. If we can limit Peterson's yardage on the first 2 downs, we can take him out of the game. In the past he's come out on 3rd down passing situations.

#2 concern is Rudolph, although JL has historically played good-great TEs pretty well. Limiting AP will eliminate the effectiveness of PA passes. Patterson looks to be primed for a breakout year, but is still raw. Just need to work on TACKLING him and AP. Also can't allow him to get over the top.

Having said all that about the Minny O, I think our DL will dictate much of what they are able to do on O (as it will in most games this year). A strong pass rush can make up for iffy coverage among the CBs. Having the DL as deep as it is, with fresh bodies constantly rotating in will be huge. Imo perpetrators like Langford and Donald will eat opposite Brock and his double teams, as will Dunbar. Also think TMac will be key around the LOS.

Offensively I'm not to worried about the Minny D, even with Hill starting. Of the handful of notable players in Griffin, Greenway, Munnerlyn, and Smith, none really alter games to the point where we need to gameplan around them. Not as stout as they were up the middle in years past w/Pat & Kevin Williams. We can run on them for 150+ which will open up PA. Imo Cookie could have a big day up the seams as will Austin underneath.

In regards to special teams they have a damn solid unit. Walsh is every bit as good as GZ and Patterson is a true threat at KR. We do have one of the best coverage units, and they'll have to bring their A game to limit Patterson and Sherels.

Ultimately I think we should win by 10+ if all goes well.

Prediction: Rams 27 Vikings 16

DISCUSS

fearsomefour

Legend
The key is of course AP, limiting big runs and not allowing Cassel (if he is starting) to sucker the DBs and LB with play action.