Too early for some Ram assistant coaches kudos?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I don’t think so. I mean, 5 games is a significant sample group, don’t you think?

Let’s see...

Aaron Kromer. Mr ‘cream rises to the top’. Stuck with his youngsters, did a little shuffling, maybe modified blocking schemes, and Behold! What a dramatic improvement that has turbocharged both the running and passing game.

Thomas Brown. He’s got his RB’s off to a great start. Heard nothing but rave reviews about Brown from McVay and players alike. Todd who? Lol.

Wes Phillips. Everett is like a new man in this, his contract year and Higbee is a monster that opponents fear.

Eric Henderson. Sure, everybody knows about AD and Brockers, but am I the only one that’s noticing the improvement in Jones-Day and Gaines?

Aubrey Pleasant. Think it’s an accident that Darious Williams has exploded on the field? That DW was promoted to start over Hill? Where would this team be without DW’s contributions this season?

Ejiro Evero. Developing and polishing Fuller alone would make him worthy of kudos, but JJ is another shining example of some serious quality coaching.

Kevin O’Connell. Last but certainly not least. Probably doesn’t get enough credit outside the building for the improvements in Goff’s play AND in McVay’s playcalling. Hard to overstate the value of O’Connell’s input already this season.

Couple of asides.

Don’t want to minimize the talent and efforts of the Rams talented roster at all. Just saying that these fine coaches are bringing out the best in them, and quickly.

Finally, we should enjoy both Staley and O’Connell while we have them. Some of these other assistants, too. Because if they keep this up they’re gonna get well deserved promotions when other teams come a’calling.

The young McVay has assembled a helluva group of asst coaches.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I'm glad you opened this thread. If you guys haven't already seen article:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/10/15/21517776/falcons-texans-coaching-search-rams-sean-mcvay

Listen shitty teams i understand everyone wants to pick fruit off the mcvay tree but Christ can we get a couple of seasonsaybe a Superbowl win god willing out of our coordinators. People talk about qbs needing stability etc. I know Goff has mcvay but damn let us take a breath. I know it's just speculation but even Donald with Def coordinators the whole team it's like no stability but in a different way.
Funny cause we had no stability when we were a laughing stock for obvious reasons and now stability will be hard to hold on to because of some good success.
So my point is shitty teams go after belicheats guys lol.....and falcons your fucking up the season and your eyeballing our staff. You have Gurley and Fowler go out there and win.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You're forgetting Shula. His impact has been felt since he joined the Rams last season with Phillips. And he's done it with a rotation of JAGs. I have a feeling he's going to get some DC interest this offseason if he can get a guy like Polite or Lewis to settle down ROLB.

And as things stand right now you can bet Staley is going to be having HC interviews in between playoff games. I'd like to get a couple years out of such a good hire but owners love everything related to McVay.

Tano

Legend
I'm glad you opened this thread. If you guys haven't already seen article:

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2020/10/15/21517776/falcons-texans-coaching-search-rams-sean-mcvay

Listen shitty teams i understand everyone wants to pick fruit off the mcvay tree but Christ can we get a couple of seasonsaybe a Superbowl win god willing out of our coordinators. People talk about qbs needing stability etc. I know Goff has mcvay but damn let us take a breath. I know it's just speculation but even Donald with Def coordinators the whole team it's like no stability but in a different way.
Funny cause we had no stability when we were a laughing stock for obvious reasons and now stability will be hard to hold on to because of some good success.
So my point is shitty teams go after belicheats guys lol.....and falcons your fucking up the season and your eyeballing our staff. You have Gurley and Fowler go out there and win.
Nothing about your post and all but OUCH!!

I hate losing our coordinators all the time - sheesh

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
McVay instantly turned around a perennial 7-9 BS team & turned it into a perennial playoff contender. Woulda had another playoff run last year if not for one missed kick. LaFleur building a budding renaissance in GB. Zac just getting started in Cincy, arguably inheriting the worst roster of the 3 (Rams GB & Cincy - heck we even stole Cincy's all-pro LT, AW) & showing well in his first 4 games.
If I;m an NFL Owner you betcha I'm poaching off the McVay tree.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Our assistants suck and are totally terrible and nobody outside the Rams organization should ever consider hiring them for a promotion.

:)

…..

Legend
Yes, it is too early for kudos threads.

Its also too early for appreciation threads but we have several of those.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Nothing about your post and all but OUCH!!

I hate losing our coordinators all the time - sheesh

Back at ya bro...Sheesh is right!!!! Give us at least 3 years before you pick our bones!

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
I don’t think so. I mean, 5 games is a significant sample group, don’t you think?

Let’s see...

Aaron Kromer. Mr ‘cream rises to the top’. Stuck with his youngsters, did a little shuffling, maybe modified blocking schemes, and Behold! What a dramatic improvement that has turbocharged both the running and passing game.

Thomas Brown. He’s got his RB’s off to a great start. Heard nothing but rave reviews about Brown from McVay and players alike. Todd who? Lol.

Wes Phillips. Everett is like a new man in this, his contract year and Higbee is a monster that opponents fear.

Eric Henderson. Sure, everybody knows about AD and Brockers, but am I the only one that’s noticing the improvement in Jones-Day and Gaines?

Aubrey Pleasant. Think it’s an accident that Darious Williams has exploded on the field? That DW was promoted to start over Hill? Where would this team be without DW’s contributions this season?

Ejiro Evero. Developing and polishing Fuller alone would make him worthy of kudos, but JJ is another shining example of some serious quality coaching.

Kevin O’Connell. Last but certainly not least. Probably doesn’t get enough credit outside the building for the improvements in Goff’s play AND in McVay’s playcalling. Hard to overstate the value of O’Connell’s input already this season.

Couple of asides.

Don’t want to minimize the talent and efforts of the Rams talented roster at all. Just saying that these fine coaches are bringing out the best in them, and quickly.

Finally, we should enjoy both Staley and O’Connell while we have them. Some of these other assistants, too. Because if they keep this up they’re gonna get well deserved promotions when other teams come a’calling.

The young McVay has assembled a helluva group of asst coaches.

I just absolutely love the creativity we have in this forum. You guys come up with some great subjects
that could be easily overlooked, if we didn't have so many true football heads in this joint.

As you mentioned the only downside is that everybody wants our coaches.lol

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay is the straw that stirs the drink, as long as we have him and Aaron Donald, it will all work out. Goff will be the defacto OC before long, like Manning, Brady and Brees. Dont want to lose anybody but like the Pats, the core will soon carry the team and the assistants will be just fine tuning. Except ours wont be like, well you know, cheating and shit

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
McVay is the straw that stirs the drink, as long as we have him and Aaron Donald, it will all work out. Goff will be the defacto OC before long, like Manning, Brady and Brees. Dont want to lose anybody but like the Pats, the core will soon carry the team and the assistants will be just fine tuning. Except ours wont be like, well you know, cheating and shit

True, but that is also because McVay is continually hiring the smartest, best, most up and coming assistant coaches and coordinators around. Less than a handful of other NFL teams are any where close to having the real brain trust McVay has put together. McVay can do this because he both knows who is bringing the real stuff and is not threatened by having extraordinary coaches around him.

And it may actually not be such a bad thing that, as the assistants are poached by other programs, McVay is forced to bring in new guys. It ensures the program won't get stale, will always have fresh expert input, will always have the most innovative new coaches to revise and renew the schemes.

Still, hope we can keep Staley and O'Connell for a couple of Super Bowls. Not to mention Thomas Brown and many of the other assistant coaches.

These guys are off the charts good imo. It's really something to see the results of their work unfold this year in real time for the team on the field.