Too bad, it was pretty good game for Davis

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
here, he just didn't get it done.

upload_2014-9-22_16-13-54.png

Good protection, looks like Quick was double-covered from get-go. Rams is A-6 protection, and good pass pro. QUick alone onweak side, 3 receivers on near side . . . Davis looking at quick

upload_2014-9-22_16-14-51.png

Davis hits last step, looks like Britt had deep cuishion. Quick still doubled and lookes like the inside slot, near, will be doubled with 2 LBers, there is a safety deep, out of the shot.
upload_2014-9-22_16-16-52.png

Davis, throwing to Quick, who is not open. Cook the inside slot has two guys, Pettis has hands up trying to draw illegal contact, Britt still likely has corber over him coming over, he is nearest to us.

upload_2014-9-22_16-18-33.png

Deep safety came over after Davis committed to Quick and the deeper of the "numbers" coverage read Davis all the way. It's too bad, it's first down, all we need is to get to 40 yard line in 2-3 plays for GZ to kick 57-60 yarders. We kind of went for it all here. Maybe Quick slowed, maybe he didn't fight hard enough, but reality is he wasn't open, and a dump off to Stacy may have been best choice.
upload_2014-9-22_16-22-23.png

RamzFanz

Damnit
Yep. He blew that one. AD sucks. Just like Cook sucks for dropping a single pass. You make good points. All Rams suck. - Catfishnuggets

AD was as good as we could expect. The entire O played well.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, I thought he slowed down, then miss timed his jump....still good game for Davis....Quick still growing.....

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yep. He blew that one. AD sucks. Just like Cook sucks for dropping a single pass. You make good points. All Rams suck. - Catfishnuggets

Who said AD sucks? I didn't say Cook sucks . . . I think Davis just got anxious here, which is too bad. Maybe he just predeterined where he was going, but overall he did pretty well.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Yeah, I thought he slowed down, then miss timed his jump....still good game for Davis....Quick still growing.....
It's same play as last week where it went to Pettis for key play. Not exactly, bu similar to Twins right Ace Right F Seam 999. In this case, Stacy is on the left of QB. F (Cook) bends his route . . .

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Who said AD sucks? I didn't say Cook sucks . . . I think Davis just got anxious here, which is too bad. Maybe he just predeterined where he was going, but overall he did pretty well.

It's a joke. You wouldn't understand if you didn't ever go on RamsTalk.

Athos

Legend
Guilty of too much too soon. Common rookie mistake. Lesson learned I believe.

Plenty of time on the clock to get 10-15 yard chunks on side line routes to kill the clock.

Unfortunate, but again, guilty of going for the HR rather than eating the play and going back at it.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Oh, sorry. My bad. I never go there, is that the so-called PD board? I have heard it's bad. Some real pussies at another board I know, too.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I like Austin Davis so far. Davis has by far and away exceeded my expectations, unlike certain unnamed others in the Ram's organization.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Guilty of too much too soon. Common rookie mistake. Lesson learned I believe.

Plenty of time on the clock to get 10-15 yard chunks on side line routes to kill the clock.

Unfortunate, but again, guilty of going for the HR rather than eating the play and going back at it.
Yeah, it's just too bad, because he did a great job the drive before . . .and we had time and a long-range kicker. But, it is what it is. He did well overall. Just perhaps anxious here, or had the gunslinger mode going thinking all the mojo was with him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Oh, sorry. My bad. I never go there, is that the so-called PD board? I have heard it's bad. Some real pussies at another board I know, too.

Yes. Don't go there, it's a great way to lose brain cells. Some real stupid people on this planet.

Thanks for the breakdown by the way. Davis shouldn't have made that decision, but I'm not going to criticize him too much, things like that come with experience. He played a fantastic game otherwise.

jjab360

Legend
I can understand throwing to the big guy even if he's covered because you hope he can use his size to still come down with like Britt did earlier in the game. Even still, you can't overthrow him in that situation. So much for a weak arm, I guess?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
I think @RamzFanz meant to use blue font, which signifies sarcasm.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't totally blame Davis for that throw tbh. He gave Quick a chance to make a play, and leading up to it Quick kinda slowed a bit then jumped a little early due to either mis-timing it or simply misjudging the carry on the ball.

Also, looking at the design of that play, I am surprised he had such limited short options. Just an observation.

So yeah, Davis will eat it of course. But part of me wonders whether there's an alternate universe where Quick makes a better play on that ball and we're all celebrating a big win still.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Davis played exceptional all day. He's given us hope where a bunch of us weren't really sure about our QB. He's sliding to give us a few creative plays that we used to see out of other teams and not ours. Did the kid make mistakes....yeah......but he also made some damn good plays as well. The last pass to Quick.....was just one of those, he had to give it a try....and it didn't work out. But he got us to that point.

Athos

Legend
I can understand throwing to the big guy even if he's covered because you hope he can use his size to still come down with like Britt did earlier in the game. Even still, you can't overthrow him in that situation. So much for a weak arm, I guess?

hahahahaah! Right! For all those complaining about Davis' arm, his biggest mistakes have actually been overthrowing the ball on deep routes (to Britt).

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
While Stacy is the safest option, I might have tried to go to Cook. Drop that ball in over the LBs and under the safety.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Your post sucked