Tony Softli Reviews the Highlights of Rams OTA’s

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Tony Softli talks to Randy Karraker on 101ESPN about the first week of OTA’s. What immediately jumped out at him was the competitive, aggressive nature of the play. If they can take that intensity into the NFC West it will be an exciting year for the Rams. Kenny Britt is 6’3″ of solid muscle and might be the missing link they’ve been looking for at WR. If he can stay healthy and trouble-free he could be a big asset for the Rams. Brian Quick had a big play today. He came back on a ball, dove for it, made the catch and still wasn’t touched…. he got up and dove into the end zone. Garrett Gilbert: athletic guy, can spin the ball real well, good size and movement skills. You can see him thinking sometimes, but he’s learning. QB’s in general have looked good.

Listen to Softli Talk OTA's

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thanks Bill.

What immediately jumped out at him was the competitive, aggressive nature of the play.

I'll bet that has everything to do with Williams being present, and Britt challenging the corners to up their game. I like the intensity, and I hope that the one thing that GREATLY improves is the ability to get in other players' heads without drawing a flag for it.

-----

Kenny Britt is 6’3″ of solid muscle and might be the missing link they’ve been looking for at WR. If he can stay healthy and trouble-free he could be a big asset for the Rams. Brian Quick had a big play today. He came back on a ball, dove for it, made the catch and still wasn’t touched…. he got up and dove into the end zone.

Not putting a lot of stock in what these guys do in shorts on plays drawn up in the sand, but that's encouraging anyway. I think everyone is going to continue to monitor Britt and Quick all through the off-season and all through preseason to see if Britt can return to form, and if Quick is ready to put his stamp on this WR crew.

--------

Garrett Gilbert: athletic guy, can spin the ball real well, good size and movement skills. You can see him thinking sometimes, but he’s learning. QB’s in general have looked good.

If Gilbert is their developmental QB, then I hope he doesn't see the field for a few years. I'd like to see him become fully acclimated with the complexity and speed of the game before he's thrust out there into live action. If he's as good as this staff thinks, then he can only get better by being eased into the game.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Thanks Bill.

What immediately jumped out at him was the competitive, aggressive nature of the play.

I'll bet that has everything to do with Williams being present, and Britt challenging the corners to up their game. I like the intensity, and I hope that the one thing that GREATLY improves is the ability to get in other players' heads without drawing a flag for it.

-----

Kenny Britt is 6’3″ of solid muscle and might be the missing link they’ve been looking for at WR. If he can stay healthy and trouble-free he could be a big asset for the Rams. Brian Quick had a big play today. He came back on a ball, dove for it, made the catch and still wasn’t touched…. he got up and dove into the end zone.

Not putting a lot of stock in what these guys do in shorts on plays drawn up in the sand, but that's encouraging anyway. I think everyone is going to continue to monitor Britt and Quick all through the off-season and all through preseason to see if Britt can return to form, and if Quick is ready to put his stamp on this WR crew.

--------

Garrett Gilbert: athletic guy, can spin the ball real well, good size and movement skills. You can see him thinking sometimes, but he’s learning. QB’s in general have looked good.

If Gilbert is their developmental QB, then I hope he doesn't see the field for a few years. I'd like to see him become fully acclimated with the complexity and speed of the game before he's thrust out there into live action. If he's as good as this staff thinks, then he can only get better by being eased into the game.

I think Britt is a lot better than I ever I imagined and if he can stay healthy he will end up being a much more valuable addition to the Rams Offense than I originally thought he would. I honestly think Britt can be that #1 Receiver that the Rams have been searching for and I think he is going to make all the other Rams WR's that much better! I am expecting the Rams Offense to be vastly improved over the past few seasons!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Britt is a lot better than I ever I imagined and if he can stay healthy he will end up being a much more valuable addition to the Rams Offense than I originally thought he would. I honestly think Britt can be that #1 Receiver that the Rams have been searching for and I think he is going to make all the other Rams WR's that much better! I am expecting the Rams Offense to be vastly improved over the past few seasons!
I share your hopes on that for sure. When I watched all of his snaps the past couple of years, I really didn't like what I saw. But I also posed the scenario that he was still not completely over his injuries and/or was just not being given the opportunity to shine. It's not unheard of that a player can move to a new team and completely renew his career. If everything Britt is saying is true, then he very well could end up kicking ass.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
I share your hopes on that for sure. When I watched all of his snaps the past couple of years, I really didn't like what I saw. But I also posed the scenario that he was still not completely over his injuries and/or was just not being given the opportunity to shine. It's not unheard of that a player can move to a new team and completely renew his career. If everything Britt is saying is true, then he very well could end up kicking ass.

"Absolutely Right"

FRO

Legend
If anything the intensity and energy Britt is bringing on the field could rub off on these other guys. I'm hoping the guy works out. Not holding my breath.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I concur...I would love to see Bradford have a great year and the Rams keep the 3 QB's in tact for a couple of years. Then by 2016 when Hill turns 36 see if Gilbert is ready to be number 2. I have high hopes for G money, but I don't want him thrown into the fire like he was at Texas.

Shaun Hill was a great signing and although I was wrong about Clemens and very proud the way he won games for the Rams, I'm glad he's now backing Philip Rivers in the beautiful city of San Diego.