Tony Softli on The Bernie Show

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/05/05072012104719.mp3[/rp3]

Starts about 1:50 in.

Rams will monitor cuts from other teams as a result of salary cap casualties, and they'll be in a good position to pick some of those guys up. Veterans will also be released from teams trying to get younger. There's still a chance for them to fill some holes.

On the OLB position. They have Dunbar on the outside and Hull, but to me that's their glaring need. I thought they were going to get one in the draft, but they moved back and took Pead. They needed both things though. They needed a change-of-pace guy, but right now LB is their glaring need. As of right now, Dunbar is the one kid who knows the system, and he's a heady ball-player. He's not very tall or big, but very instinctive and has a nose for the ball. There is no marquee guy who can step in and be the starter though.

Who's going to be the starter at LG? I think it's going to be the big boy - "Rok" - the kid they got from South Carolina. I really believe that Watkins is gonna be the guy there. He's big and nasty, but he has to show that he can roll over his hips and have some nice pop in that drive blocking. His pass blocking is good though.

Safety is probably gonna be the other spot that needs attention. I like Mikell and Stewart, but there's still another hole there where they could use a playmaker.

The Rams have not officially put out their list of college free agents. There's been rumblings of lots of signings, alot of big DTs and several other guys who can compete, but I wanna see Quick and Givens running around out there in camp.

On Trumaine and Janoris: Janoris I've seen at the senior bowl. I know exactly what he's going to bring here. His position attributes are off the charts, plus he's a return guy. My number one return guy at the combine, really. I wanna see Johnson move in person. When you see him on tape, you have enough to "grade him", but in person it's a little more exciting. Big guy.

On Salas and Pettis: All fairness to Fisher, he didn't get a chance to evaluate either of these guys, but Snead did. He put a grade on those guys last year. They evaluated them on tape, and they'll have a good idea of what they're able to do in camp. For me, I've seen enough out of Salas to think he can be playing inside in the NFL, and I have him ahead of Pettis right now. Pettis has the skill set, I think he short-arms sometimes over the middle, and right now I have Salas stacked ahead of Pettis in that order.