Tony banks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Has anyone else ever been replaced twice, and then had the replacement go on to win the Super Bowl?

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
plus, he had the misfortune of playing right before the rams put all those great GSOT pieces together around a QB...would had to have been like the difference between night and day, playing alongside one and then the other.

Sounds a lot like the situation Sam is going through, only Sam has his head on straight and has the hands and arm to do it all. Bring on the daylight!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
All I really needed to know about Tony was his dogs name,Felony,told ya lot about where his head was.
He wanted to take his dog to camp.I think he had 2 dogs ? I remember he stated in Miami & missed the team plane.

I think he had small hands for his size.21 fumbles in his first season.He & Steve Bono were both a head of Kurt Warner.I think back then you could have a extra QB that would not count against the 53.I think it should still be that way as well.The next year Rams signed Trent Green to be the stater & drafted Joe Germaine to be the QB of the future.

Tony Banks had talent,but not the heart.Having Lawerence Phillips around made it seem like the draft of the thugs.

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I remember Banks having a 5 TD game as a Raven and the Cowboys team upset that the coaching staff and front office upset that Quincy Carter starting over him...

RFIP

As memory serves I believe his career started out on the Rans own 1 yard line in the middle of a game?

Seems it ended in a safety, int fumble....something bad...memory is a little fuzzy.

Should have been an omen.

But I too liked TB. Was emanoured with his big arm for sure.