Tony banks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramaslama

Im going to hide after saying this he wasn't a good QB. But theres some of the games you wounder if he could have been.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He had the right physical tools, but not the head for the pros. I was had some high hopes for Tony. He was very good in college, but I did think the Rams reached a little when drafting him.

I always remember the phone call that he made to his Dad. He said that "These people don't realize what they got!" . It made me it sound like the coaches weren't too mpressed with him and weren't shy about letting him know. It also made him sound a bit silly. I guess it was just another GM pick that didn't jive with the coaching. Was he an Ortmeyer pick?

SierraRam

Recreational User
Who knows what might have been?? He should have sat at least a year or two, but would his ego let him?

This I do know: he never should never have been drafted 42 overall & he never should have started as a rookie. (or fumble 21 times!)

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
God I hated my team for a bit with him at the helm but I can say from listening to his interviews on 101 espn he sure the hell has grown up over the years...

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
He was intelligent per the iq test, but he was a kid those years 96-98. Good talent

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Few people remember he actually had a 9yr NFL career.

1996-2005

Rams (3), Ravens (2), Redskins (1), Texans (3)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
All I really needed to know about Tony was his dogs name,Felony,told ya lot about where his head was.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Few people remember he actually had a 9yr NFL career.

1996-2005

Rams (3), Ravens (2), Redskins (1), Texans (3)
and a Super Bowl ring.

I really never had a big problem with Tony. He could throw a deep ball like very few I've ever seen. It almost seemed effortless.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
He played in relief a few times here and there and showed what could have been.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Ahhhhhhhh the memories of Tony Banks.... ripping my heart out & up on Sunday. I still backed him or really the team till the end of the 4th quarter. He knew how to give me hope, only to give it take it away by doing something stupid or having fumbled it away. When they benched him II felt sorry for him for 2 seconds. BRING ON THE ROOK QB! Goodbye Tony, your just a bad memory now.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
All I really needed to know about Tony was his dogs name,Felony,told ya lot about where his head was.
52476288.jpg

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From what I've been told, everybody wanted to party with Tony Banks, including Tony Banks.

It was too much, too soon and he lacked the commitment. Sadly, it happens quite a bit.
Mind you, that's just what I've been told and the opinions I've formed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Yeah, I liked his talent, probably played too soon. Doubt he had a QB coach....Hell, we ruined Jim Everett too...

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was in Banks corner, however, when he lost his starting job to Trent "Freakin" Dilfer and the opportunity to lead the Ravens to a Super Bowl victory, well, his destiny was small hands and a dog named felony.

Ozark Ram

UDFA
I always thought he was the classic example of an underachiever ....... when he moved on it was like, adios Tony...ok......who's up next.

Rambition

Rookie
and a Super Bowl ring.

I really never had a big problem with Tony. He could throw a deep ball like very few I've ever seen. It almost seemed effortless.
plus, he had the misfortune of playing right before the rams put all those great GSOT pieces together around a QB...would had to have been like the difference between night and day, playing alongside one and then the other.