Tom Jackson leaving ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/25/tom-jackson-wont-be-back-at-espn/

The report from Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News that Tom Jackson will leave ESPN provided some wiggle room for the veteran analyst to return to Sunday NFL Countdown for what would be his 30th season. Multiple industry sources tell PFT that the decision has been made: Jackson won’t be coming back.

As one source explained it, ESPN’s decision to bring back Trent Dilfer after his contract had expired and it appeared he would leaving arose in part from Jackson’s decision to leave.

Jackson had long been regarded as being tied at the hip with on-air partner Chris Berman. With Berman reportedly entering his last year at ESPN, it’s somewhat odd that Jackson wouldn’t want to do a victory lap with Berman.

Unless, of course, that victory lap will be all about Berman and/or consist of Berman complaining about the fact that ESPN management has apparently nudged him out.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man!

It's the end of an era at ESPN.

Say what you want about ESPN... But Berman and Jackson were an iconic duo for the pregame and post game shows.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Man!

It's the end of an era at ESPN.

Say what you want about ESPN... But Berman and Jackson were an iconic duo for the pregame and post game shows.

Yep and they led the charge of Rams ridicule and hatred, like no other reporters, ever in the history of he NFL. I continue to hope that Berman and Jackson are found in bed together choked to death by each other's dicks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Yep and they led the charge of Rams ridicule and hatred, like no other reporters, ever in the history of he NFL. I continue to hope that Berman and Jackson are found in bed together choked to death by each other's dicks.

I am a fan and friend of you Elm, but disagree.

I take off my Rams hat looking at these guys and their impact to the highlight shows.

Did they diss the Rams? Maybe while we sucked. Otherwise I never saw it. But that's just me.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I take off my Rams hat looking at these guys and their impact to the highlight shows.

Did they diss the Rams? Maybe while we sucked. Otherwise I never saw it. But that's just me.
Jackson especially, hated GSOT. He thought the team was soft. I despised him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Jackson especially, hated GSOT. He thought the team was soft. I despised him.

I appreciate your perspective, LR.

TJ has my respect. Regardless of his opinions on the Rams, if they were unfair. I just never saw it on a consistent enough basis to see the pattern you speak.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
:burp: I guess it's possible to choke on a button on a fur coat. (n)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate your perspective, LR.

TJ has my respect. Regardless of his opinions on the Rams, if they were unfair. I just never saw it on a consistent enough basis to see the pattern you speak.

I just remember him always disparaging them in little ways, seemed like every week. During those GSOT days after Super Bowl 34, he was always skeptical of the Rams it seemed to me..jmo

RamzFanz

Damnit
ESPN. The people who drought you Olbermann.

Does anything else really need to be said?

I have more hours invested in the disney channel.

Instead of the hyperbole, Enjoy Bob Ross.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
IDK, I liked both Jackson & Berman IMO, they gave the Rams kudos when needed and I guess I did not watch them enough to get offended. Now I never cared for Berman and his 49er attachment, however, Jackson I was fine with and I'm sure they made comments against other teams as well.

When you're on a national stage you can't make everybody happy. Mike Greenberg for example, he is a Jet fan and I applaud that he comes out in favor of them instead of trying to cover his fandom, but many like Patriot fans for example get upset over him always rooting against the Patriots...You can't please everybody all of the time and I recognize that and at present the only person that I can think of I wish irreparable harm to is Ted Cruz and I'm trying to come to grips with that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if I agree or disagree with any of this but found this to be funny as heck

Big Game

Living The Dream
I actually liked Jackson on ESPN he was one of the few that knew the game and called it like it was. Lol like one poster said i do think he wasn't fond of the GSOT but not many teams that lost to us was. ;);)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I actually liked Jackson on ESPN he was one of the few that knew the game and called it like it was. Lol like one poster said i do think he wasn't fond of the GSOT but not many teams that lost to us was. ;);)

Well, that would be me. Theres a difference...he was contemptuous of the Rams talent and ability and style. I hated Joe Montana and the Niners of the 80's, but I have to acknowledge how good they were. I feel that Tom Jackson would not do that about GSOT, so eff him to death!:hatin:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Definitely an end to an era. Berman can be annoying for sure, but I don;t really remember him trashing the Rams all that much. I seem to remember him loving the GSOT (Marshall Marshall MARSHALL!!!!) I have to admit I was never a huge fan of TJ. Especially as of late. Seemed to grandstand and get on his high horse quite a bit and ramble on and on. You could tell it irritated the other panelists. Especially CC and Keyshawn.

Psycho_X

Legend
With the exception of watching a game that may be exclusively on espn like MNF I haven't watched that station in at least a decade for a reason. Can't say the house cleaning they are doing is a bad thing. I've just never enjoyed listening to any of their talking heads.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Wasn't a big fan of him. I never liked watching their pregame/post-game shows. It was just a bunch of noise between him and Berman.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

They gave he Rams their due for a few years but Jackson was always ridiculing Marts for passing too much, and when the Rams went back to normal Berman was always harder on them than other losing franchises. That is why I quit watching them years ago. I couldn't stand the snide remarks. I don't recall Berman busting on the Niners the same way when they were a weak team.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/07/25/tom-jackson-wont-be-back-at-espn/

The report from Bob Raissman of the New York Daily News that Tom Jackson will leave ESPN provided some wiggle room for the veteran analyst to return to Sunday NFL Countdown for what would be his 30th season. Multiple industry sources tell PFT that the decision has been made: Jackson won’t be coming back.

As one source explained it, ESPN’s decision to bring back Trent Dilfer after his contract had expired and it appeared he would leaving arose in part from Jackson’s decision to leave.

Jackson had long been regarded as being tied at the hip with on-air partner Chris Berman. With Berman reportedly entering his last year at ESPN, it’s somewhat odd that Jackson wouldn’t want to do a victory lap with Berman.

Unless, of course, that victory lap will be all about Berman and/or consist of Berman complaining about the fact that ESPN management has apparently nudged him out.

I just have one word ; Yay!!