Tom Coughlin not happy about being pushed out the door

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Michael-Scott-Closes-The-Door-Awkwardly-On-The-Office.gif

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rture-do-i-agree-with-the-move-of-course-not/

Tom Coughlin on departure: “Do I agree with the move? Of course not”
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 2, 2016

503287794-e1456916694208.jpg
Getty Images

No matter how the Giants worded it, it’s clear that former coach Tom Coughlin was pushed out the door.

And it’s equally clear he wasn’t thrilled about it.

During and interview with Jay Mohr on FOX Sports Radio, Coughlin admitted he wasn’t ready to leave coaching after 20 years, the last eight of them in New York.

Hey, do I agree with the move? Of course not,” Coughlin said, via the New York Daily News. “It hurts. It hurts. Former is not a good word. I don’t like the word but that’s the way it is.”

But he did dispute the notion that he snubbed owner John Mara as he walked out of his farewell press conference brusquely, saying he simply walks out of farewell press conferences brusquely.

“I did not snub Mr. Mara if that’s what you’re insinuating,” Coughlin said. “That’s the way I leave press conferences. Why should I hang around to answer one more less-than-glamorous question?”

He spoke of his looking for other work, saying after an interview with the Eagles “it did not materialize.” But after he was hanging around the Combine as a member of the league’s Madden committee, Coughlin certainly gives the impression of a man who wants to coach again.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Patriots will hire him as an assistant head coach/advisor to keep him from teaching other teams how to beat them in big games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
That video... LMAO. :rolllaugh:

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
Well if he didn't agree and was unhappy or felt he was pushed out then why make the comments below?

"I met with [owners] John Mara and Steve Tisch this afternoon, and I informed them that it is in the best interest of the organization that I step down as head coach. I strongly believe the time is right for me and my family, and as I said, the Giants organization..."

"It has been an honor and a privilege to serve as head coach of the New York Football Giants. This is a not a sad occasion for me."