Tom Brady could serve suspension in 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Personally, I hope that the suspension doesn't get implemented until week 17 - and then includes the playoffs. Only fair, since the infraction he was nailed for was in the playoffs.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Let Goodhell, Brady and the Cheatriots spiral themselves into the stench that they've all had a large hand in creating. This will result in fans turning against all of them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Shoot, I hope his suspension is delayed until later in the season when they need him the most. Him not missing any games this year is a long-shot, and it will only be the result of him whining like a bitch to the appeals court and HOPING they grant his stay of execution this year.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really don't think the Patriots would take the option of having him suspended toward the end of the season.

2016? Sure, he retires at the end of 2015!!

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the appeals process ends, that's when the suspensions would start. So if he starts something - especially going to the courts, then he will lose control of it. This isn't MLB, where players appeal suspensions and then drop the appeal because they have a nagging injury anyway.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just want him to serve the whole 4game suspension THIS year. None of this '16 BS! He could retire at the end of this year and never serve a day of suspension!
Besides, the sooner the better, I want to win my BIG Rod sports book bet!!:D

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
Let Goodhell, Brady and the Cheatriots spiral themselves into the stench that they've all had a large hand in creating. This will result in fans turning against all of them.
That hasn't happened already?

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...e-find-doctoring-nfl-footballs-is-nothing-new

La Canfora isn't much respected, but my interest was particularly peaked by Rich Gannon's comment in the middle of the article.

A lot of QBs do it, but we are blasting Brady for it. I'll admit that how the Patriots handled this made them look more guilty, but this just isn't that big of a deal.

And again, if they intentionally deflated the balls to reduce fumbles, the refs should have been on that. They touch the balls after every play.

I couldn't care less when he serves his suspension, although for his image sooner rather than later would probably be better.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
And again, if they intentionally deflated the balls to reduce fumbles, the refs should have been on that. They touch the balls after every play.
So, what's the obvious conclusion?

And what does one conclude after taking the above & re-watching Bernie Kukar's performance in SB36?

Looks pretty bad.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The longer Tommy delays the ruling the longer this hangs out there.

I think most people outside of Boston know he's FOS.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

CodeMonkey

Those of us who voted "Zero" in the "How many games will Brady be suspended?" thread may still be right yet.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
For real though, how does Goodell and the NFL get away with this stuff? It SEEMS like he'd be breaking laws if he were a CEO of a corporation. Am I being dramatic?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
For real though, how does Goodell and the NFL get away with this stuff? It SEEMS like he'd be breaking laws if he were a CEO of a corporation. Am I being dramatic?
Companies of this size are experts at managing public perception, especially when the company also owns a large media outlet that reports on it's parent company. Who is going to disrupt this mega money making machine? And why would they even try to disrupt it?

CodeMonkey

No I don't think so. You know I think they need to be very careful here not to let public perception (and actual unregulated monopolistic behavior) reach a tipping point. There are certain politicians, particularly in congress, who would love to grandstand over something as tasty as the NFL.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
This is the tactic that convicts on death row use. No surprise there.