Tom Brady 4 game suspension upheld

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
From what I've read lately. Their is some Question as to weather the Federal Courts well even agree to hear Brady's case.
They apparently do not like to get into cases that have been through arbitration!
So I'm wondering, Is this case ' Dead-in-the-water!?'

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I love that this was done. I hope that more of this kind of thing continues to happen throughout the season. These cheating bastards have been lying for so long that they really believe their lies. They need to be called out at every chance possible.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
CLKzziFUMAEQh7p.jpg

View: https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/626761009798205440/photo/1

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Tom is that you?????

Mod Edit: Pic removed by mod. Frontal nudity, really?

Attachments

• pat fans..jpg
    pat fans..jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 343
Last edited by a moderator:

RamWoodie

Legend
You know what??? I think this was a big NOTHING! I wouldn't call it cheating either because I bet most QBs like their balls inflated to a certain pressure AND I BET THEY ALL GET WHAT THEY WANT.

The problem here was the "tip off"...and the Pats got caught.

Show me the DESTROYED video of taping the Rams SB practice. It was destroyed because of the advantage it gave the Pats, and the league DIDN'T WANT TO HAVE TO OVERTURN WHO WON THAT SB!!!

REAL TALK!!!

rams2050

Starter
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...om-brady-lawsuit-heard-new-york-not-minnesota

Tom Brady's lawsuit vs. NFL to be argued in New York, not Minnesota

NEW YORK -- Tom Brady's lawsuit against the NFL, in which he wants his four-game suspension overturned, will be heard in New York instead of Minnesota.

The New England Patriots quarterback and the NFL Players Association filed their suit Wednesday in Minnesota. But the NFL already had filed papers Tuesday in New York, moments after announcing that commissioner Roger Goodell upheld the suspension for Brady's involvement in the use of underinflated footballs in the AFC Championship Game last January.

U.S. District Court Judge Richard Kyle ordered the transfer.

The judge wrote that he "sees little reason for this action to have been commenced in Minnesota at all." He noted that Brady plays in Massachusetts, the union is headquartered in Washington and the NFL in New York. Kyle added that "the arbitration proceedings took place in New York and the award was issued in New York."

Jeffrey Kessler, the lead attorney for Brady and the union, wasn't concerned about Judge Kyle's decision.

"(The change of venue) makes absolutely no difference to us," he told ESPN's Chris Mortensen. "We're still in a neutral forum for the first time in this case. Our arguments are compelling and we think when they are presented here (in New York), they will remain compelling."

Kessler added that the union will be filing a specific motion for an injunction Friday in the New York court, in addition to making some technical revisions to Wednesday's 54-page filing to allow for the change in court circuits.

Brady, through the union, will seek an injunction that will allow him to play for the Patriots until the case is final.

Judge Richard M. Berman will likely hear the NFLPA's motions. Berman, who was appointed by President Bill Clinton, has been characterized as a "liberal judge."

Judge Berman would have to agree that Brady would have a reasonable chance of winning his case against the NFL to issue injunctive relief, according to several legal experts.

The union has previously had success in litigation in Minnesota, which is considered a labor-friendly state. Additionally, U.S. District Judge David Doty has heard many cases related to the NFL and has at times sided with the NFLPA, including when he overturned the suspension of Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson.

In a footnote, Kyle said the court "strongly suspects the union filed in Minnesota because it has obtained favorable rulings from this court in the past on behalf of its members.''

Kessler had said the lawsuit should be heard in Minnesota because it was related to a case involving Peterson's suspension last season. Kyle countered that the union made "only a fleeting attempt'' to link the Brady case to Peterson's. Kyle reasoned that the union's argument would mean, for example, any court that had heard a racial discrimination case against a large corporation would then hear every other racial discrimination case against that company.

"Venue simply cannot be predicated on such a thin reed,'' he said.

The move to consolidate the lawsuits involving Brady in New York is seen as an initial victory for the NFL in that the league was successful in choosing the jurisdiction where the arguments would be heard.

The NFL's action was part of what seemed to anger Patriots owner Robert Kraft in his Wednesday remarks, when he appeared to direct a salvo at NFL general counsel Jeff Pash in saying, "Now the league has taken the matter to court, which is a tactic that only a lawyer would recommend."

Information from ESPN.com's Joe McDonald, Mike Reiss and The Associated Press was used in this report.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I love that this was done. I hope that more of this kind of thing continues to happen throughout the season. These cheating bastards have been lying for so long that they really believe their lies. They need to be called out at every chance possible.
I don't think it will bother a Bunch of "Pathological Liar's"! As you say they believe their BS, and they think it Don't stink!!

PigFeathers Logo Right.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
smart move, but certainly not an uncommon one.

conflict of interest... ya think?

I kow you love to bash on Goodell, and often have some facts wrong, so I thought I'd let you know the the players union wanted him to be in this role. It's part of the new CBA.

Any outrage pointed at the union?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Brady, through the union, will seek an injunction that will allow him to play for the Patriots until the case is final.
I hope this tool misses the last 4 games of the season, rather than the first 4.

ram007

Starter
MLB, NBA and NHL features their players. NFL features Kraft, Jerry Jones, Goodell, Biscotti, Mara etc. There is something fundamentally wrong in the way NFL is run. I love football but I believe NFL decline has started or will start soon.

rams2050

Starter
I hope that his pass completion percentage and that the team's fumbling percentage both skyrocket now that the Cheats have to play with properly inflated balls.

BTW, has anyone heard what the new procedure will be for handling game day balls and their proper inflation?

rams2050

Starter
answered my own question.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...ments-new-procedures-for-measuring-game-balls

Report: NFL implements new procedures for measuring game balls
By Ryan Wilson | CBSSports.com

How long commissioner Roger Goodell will wait to rule on Tom Brady's Deflategate appeal is anyone's guess, but the NFL has a plan in place for how game balls will be prepared and monitored during the 2015 season, writes FOXSports analyst and former VP of officials Mike Pereira.

A summary of the changes include:

• Each team will supply 24 footballs -- 12 primary and 12 backup -- two hours and 15 minutes before kickoff. Previously, the home team provided 24 balls while visitors only had to provide 12.
  • Two members of the officiating crew, as designated by the referee, will inspect the footballs to make sure they meet specifications. Previously, that job belonged to the referee.
  • For the first time, records will be kept of footballs' pre-kickoff PSI measurements.
  • Footballs that fall within the acceptable PSI range (12.5-13.5 PSI) will be approved for game play. Those falling outside the range will either be inflated or deflated to 13.0 PSI.
More from Pereira:

Each NFL game last season had kicking ball coordinator, hired by the league, who has been primarily responsible for the six kicking balls. They will now take custody of all the balls once they've been approved until 10 minutes prior to kickoff.

At that point, the kicking ball coordinator, along with a member of the officiating crew and a security representative, will bring the footballs to the on-field replay station. Upon arrival, the game balls will be distributed to each team's ball crew in the presence of the league security representative. The backup balls will remain secured in the officials' locker room until needed.

Last season, the league's security representative was not a part of the total process and the kicking ball coordinator was not specifically assigned to be with the footballs the entire time.
Pereira calls the new procedures an overreaction but adds, "I think the league has a tendency to do that."

(This is where Brady and the Patriots nod their heads knowingly.)

"Checking the balls before the game and after the game would have been enough for me," Pereira continues. "The officials have approximately only six minutes in their locker room at halftime as it is. By the time they get off the field and then have to leave to notify the teams with a two-minute warning to get back on the field, that leaves them hardly enough time to catch their breaths."

Meanwhile, we wait for Roger to make a decision.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
MLB, NBA and NHL features their players. NFL features Kraft, Jerry Jones, Goodell, Biscotti, Mara etc. There is something fundamentally wrong in the way NFL is run. I love football but I believe NFL decline has started or will start soon.
really great observation.

rams2050

Starter
I read one article recently -- did not post it here -- that said Goodell was spurred on in his investigation of DeflateGate, Brady, etc., by a cadre of NFL owners (unnamed) who were holding his feet to the fire on comments that were made, at the time of Spygate, about banning Belicheat from the game should there be another transgression of sporting ethics. That could explain why Goodell is like a dog with a bone over this issue, which, for once, I am glad he is being that way.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
oodell was spurred on in his investigation of DeflateGate, Brady, etc., by a cadre of NFL owners (unnamed) who were holding his feet to the fire on comments that were made, at the time of Spygate, about banning Belicheat from the game should there be another transgression of sporting ethics
Good. But why is Belicheat escaping this scandal?

rams2050

Starter
They totally believe that Bill-a-cheat is blameless in this, that it was all on Tommy Boy. And they probably are right. Not that the head cheat isn't probably HAPPY that Tom did it, but happiness don't get you suspended for 4 games.

I can't wait to see how the stats will be affected through the use of properly inflated balls. Should be interesting. If it's not, then I will be the one saying, "Whaw, whaw, whaw, yadda, yadda, yadda" and I will be sad as hell.