Todd Gurley: Would You?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gurley might be my favorite player coming out this year, but if the target is QB then you have to get the QB.

Fact is it's a QB driven league. Who is the last RB to carry his team to a SB?
Marshawn Lynch just last year

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As far as making ANY picks in next years Draft.....And I'd gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger Today!
never-put-the-cart-before-the-horse.jpg
200px-6burgers.jpg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
He isnt just a RB, he is an elite player.

Was not this term also used on Tavon Austin?

We have a fully healthy 2014 3rd round selection RB wearing street clothes on the sideline now adding Zero to help this team now. I just do not see an need of a RB when we have two 2nd yr RB's & two rookie RB's healthy & ready to go. Then there's also this other Elite Player named Tavon Austin who has been a part time RB too. TA is just in his 2nd season too. A ton of youth & Unused talent standing around.

Athos

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Was not this term also used on Tavon Austin?

I was never in favor of Austin at #8 overall. Second, Austin isn't an every down player.

6'1, 232 lbs RBs who, I'm betting since there aren't any times out there that I can find, run better than a 4.5 don't grow on trees.

Lynch ran a 4.46. Bet Gurley does the same.

That said, we DO have some pretty good RBs though I still think Mason was probably a wasted pick. Next year has a boatload of premiere RB talent coming out.

I love Bennie and I love Zac, but damned if a Lynch type RB doesn't make you drool. Cruisin for a bruisin if you had Gurley running behind Robinson.

At any rate, I just want elite in next year's draft and I don't know if there's a QB that's elite right now.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Until we get our QB situation fixed, most other things need to be put on back burner, so to speak. I just want a QB that will play for 10-15 years with great success. Albeit Sam Bradford or someone else. We cannot continue to have third string QB's play and rely on everyone else to pick up the slack.

Athos

Legend
Until we get our QB situation fixed, most other things need to be put on back burner, so to speak. I just want a QB that will play for 10-15 years with great success. Albeit Sam Bradford or someone else. We cannot continue to have third string QB's play and rely on everyone else to pick up the slack.

Unless we're drafting in the top 10 again, we aren't getting Wintson (and I don't want the crab stealing rapist anyway) or Mariota sans a MASSIVE trade-up and there is too much talent in this draft next year to burn picks.

Who outside of that would be worth a 1st anyway?

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Unless we're drafting in the top 10 again, we aren't getting Wintson (and I don't want the crab stealing rapist anyway) or Mariota sans a MASSIVE trade-up and there is too much talent in this draft next year to burn picks.

Who outside of that would be worth a 1st anyway?

Not every great QB has to come from a first round pick. I know people hate the guy and most didn't see it happening, but Tom Brady is the poster child of a low round QB who is great (damn that hurt.) If you go back through the years, you will see most great QB's were never drafted in the first round. There are plenty of excellent pro-style QBs in college, you just need to find the guy who will fit your system. By the way, Winston would never be drafted by the RAMS because their style of offense does not require a running-style QB, which is why we didn't look to trade Sam and draft RG3. Vince Young did not work under Fisher at Tennessee, so I do not see that type of QB playing in the current system. Same goes for Mariota. Unless the RAMS change coordinators and go to a style of offense that allows a QB to run, we are going to stay with a pocket passing QB. I have not had time to really look at the current class of QB's eligible to enter next year's draft, and I won't until we get closer to the end of the college season, so I'm not sure who would be the best to draft, but I do know we don't need another running back at this point.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
The guy is light years ahead of Ingram, and Richardson.

Austin has yet to play in a offense with an actual qb and an actual offensive coordinator. His game against the Colts shows exactly what he is capable of.

Sammy Watkins was meh. He is alright.

Go watch some Gurley games, he is the georgia offense. Its him. He isnt some back like ingram where they hand off on 3rd and 3. They hand off to him most plays. And he eats up the open grass like he is a giant herd.

I've watched plenty of Gurley. He should be better than he is.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair point but the had an elite defense and a above average QB.
True.. I still call Wilson a mobile game manager though not saying he don't have the potential to become a bigger part of the offense but I don't think they win because of him but they certainly don't lose because of him either

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
In what way?

He doesn't always hit the hole as hard as he should. There are times he's just too hesitant. I don't think he's going to be a top of the draft talent. Probably a mid to late first rounder.

Athos

Legend
Bump for another dominating showing by Gurley.

Like night day for UGA when Gurley leaves the field.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Gurley is dominant in the SEC...I haven't seen anyone that dominant in the SEC since Trent Richardson...

...oh, wait.

Athos

Legend
Gurley is dominant in the SEC...I haven't seen anyone that dominant in the SEC since Trent Richardson...

...oh, wait.

Richardon isn't half the back Gurley is.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Richardon isn't half the back Gurley is.
I'll bet you if they were both playing at the exact same time during their collegiate peak there would be a very healthy debate who was better. Guaranteed.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'll bet you if they were both playing at the exact same time during their collegiate peak there would be a very healthy debate who was better. Guaranteed.

It's easy to look good when your entire offensive line is going to the NFL though. Georgia has a good line, but it wasn't anything like Alabama's when Trent played. They could have fielded a better offensive line then some NFL teams.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Who cares? Are you attempting to argue that Richardson and Gurley are very similar players or that the SEC tends to put out ineffective NFL HBs?